Could He Be..?

First Love Academy

 

"Wookie stop hitting me!" Kyuhyun whined while trying to protect himself from the powerful smacks Ryeowook was giving him.

"Not until you remember pretty boy's name!" Ryeowook retorted and abruptly stood up to hit Kyuhyun some more which caused his whole tray to fall on Kyuhyun's lap. The coke went all over Kyuhyun's pants drenching him completely and the pasta sauce stained his sweater. Kyuhyun stared blankly at his lap for a few seconds, trying to register what just happened. "Oh my gosh! Kyuhyunnie I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! I swear!" Ryeowook apologized profusely, already on the verge of tears.

Kyuhyun sighed and patted Ryeowook on the arm, "It's okay Wookie. I'll just go to the nurse and ask for a change of clothes."

Ryeowook sniffled, "S-sorry... I'll go with you to the nurse's office to explain what happened. I won't take no for an answer."

"Alright then. Let's go. Class is going to start any minute." Kyuhyun grabbed his own tray and quickly cleaned the mess on the floor and headed out the door, Ryeowook quietly following behind him. It wouldn't take to long to get to the nurse's office, since it was just one floor down. 

Both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were walking down the hallway side by side, talking about their classes when a door suddenly opened and smacked Kyuhyun right in the face knocking him over in the process. Kyuhyun's tray spilled all of his left over food all over him. There was some spaghetti noodles in his hair and tomato sauce on his cheeks. He could hear Ryeowook laughing and turned to glare at him. He was sporting a major headache now and he was clutching his forehead.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Here let me help you!" 

"President Sungmin!?" Ryeowook gasped, he stood up straight and bowed a perfect ninety degree angle. Kyuhyun's head snapped up at the mention of the president's name.  His eyes were met with a worried looking Sungmin. His hand was outstretched offering to help Kyuhyun up. He had to look away from Sungmin's gaze since he could feel his cheeks starting to heat up and he took the latter's hand and stood up mumbling a quiet thanks. 

"I'm really sorry for what happened to you Kyuhyun. I should have been more careful." Sungmin sheepishly smiled and gave Kyuhyun a small bow. "I'll take you to the nurse's office so he can check out if everything's alright with you."

"N-no it's alright President Sungmin. Ryeowook was taking me there already." Kyuhyun stuttered, looking at Ryeowook with pleading eyes to say something.

"That's right! You can leave everything to me President Sungmin!" Ryeowook beamed. Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief.

"Not so fast Ryeowook. Did you know that students are only allowed to eat in the cafeteria. Not in the classroom." Sungmin began his lecture, "You better return those trays or you'll get a detention slip."

Ryeowook let out an unmanly squeak and sprinted down the hallway. "Sorry Kyuhyunnie!~"

Kyuhyun's jaw dropped in bewilderment. How could Ryeowook leave him behind for one measly detention slip? He hadn't noticed that Sungmin had been dragging him through the hallways, their hands intertwined. His face was a shade of crimson red and yanked his hand away from Sungmin's grip. "I-I can walk by myself..."

Sungmin's smile vanished for a few seconds and shrugged nonchalantly. "Okay then..." 


 


 

When they reached the nurse's office it was empty. "Nurse Jungsu?" Sungmin called out and no one answered. Sungmin walked over to the nurse's desk and noticed a light blue sticky note on it. "Out to lunch. Be back in twenty minutes! <3" Sungmin read out loud in an overly high pitched voice trying to make the atmosphere less awkward. 

Kyuhyun made his way to one of the sick beds by the window and sat down. He didn't know why he was acting so strangely around Sungmin. Why did his heart start beating quickly when their eyes met? His head was starting to hurt and he laid down on the bed; folding his arms over his face, letting out a loud groan of pain.

"Does your head hurt a lot?" 

Kyuhyun looked to see Sungmin's face only a few centimeters away from his and he was shocked. He could smell Sungmin's strawberry flavored breath. He shot up from the bed which caused their foreheads to collide against each other. Both of them yelped in pain and rubbed their own foreheads.

"Ow..." Sungmin muttered.

"S-sorry..." Kyuhyun hissed in pain.

"No it's my fault. I should've known you'd react like that." Sungmin pulled a chair so he could sit by the bed next to Kyuhyun. "You don't like me very much do you?" Sungmin asked with a sad smile on his face.

"N-No i-it's not that... it's just--" Kyuhyun started, he was mentally beating himself up for giving Sungmin that impression.

"No it's okay. You don't have to explain." Sungmin cut Kyuhyun off and reached into his school uniform. He took out two pieces of pink paper. One larger then the other. In a matter of seconds Sungmin folded two paper cranes like a real pro. "Hold out your hands Kyuhyun." 

Kyuhyun did as he was told. His mind was racing, and his words were stuck in his throat.

"Here." Sungmin placed both cranes in Kyuhyun's opened palms. "The new semester starts tomorrow. Maybe we'll have a few classes together." Sungmin stood up and walked towards the door, turned around and smiled at Kyuhyun before leaving. "I hope we can be friends Kyuhyun. Take care~"


As the door clicked shut and Kyuhyun heard Sungmin's footsteps getting fainter and fainter he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. He stared back at the two pink cranes in confusion. "Could he be...?"
 

 


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N: O/////w/////O Tell me your thoughts? Onegai? ;3