A Little Peek

Breaking into her world
Please log in to read the full chapter

2. A Little Peek

 

Scared.

Taeyeon ran blindly through the corridors. The usual hustle in the corridors now made Taeyeon feel as if she was being smothered by a blanket, leaving her struggling and gasping for breath. In her panic, she accidentally bumped into a passer-by and she jumped back as though she had just touched a boiling kettle. The contact caused her to shrink away with a whimper and the overwhelming feeling of fear inside her heightened.  Flustered, she immediately ran off again, ignoring the angry yell behind her.

Touch. Scary. Run. Loud. Hurts.

Leave me alone.

She winced, pushing open the nearest door and ran up the staircase, not slowing down until she reached the deserted rooftop, in her desperate attempt to escape from the humongous crowds which pressed against her from every side. Frantically looking around, she finally managed to find a small space behind the humongous air vents to hide. She cowered there, panting heavily, finding solace in the small compact area where she could finally drift off to her own world.

Tired. Pushed. Shout. Pain.

Girl. Ti-Pan-Ny?

Taeyeon frowned at the memory. When the girl had first touched her, it was a sensation unlike any other. It felt as if a jolt of electricity had run up her arm, which had surprised the shaken Taeyeon and caused her to burst into tears.

Eyes. Eyes look nice.

Taeyeon thought of the eyesmile she had seen when Tiffany approached her every day. Her heart would pound furiously at the sight of it, leaving Taeyeon utterly confused and afraid of the unnatural behavior of her heart. Her husky voice would replay in her head for the rest of the day like a broken tape recorder.

“Hi, my name is Tiffany. Ti-Fan-Ny.”

She would repeat every morning while looking at Taeyeon earnestly, while Taeyeon would shift uncomfortably under her unwavering gaze, before sprinting off into the distance.  Taeyeon’s heart started to palpitate rapidly again at the mere thought of her and Taeyeon squeezed her eyes shut and hugged herself even tighter.

Hyoyeon Unnie. What did she say? Calm Taeyeon down. Think about good things. Do what makes you happy.

Taeyeon shuddered, and squeezed her eyes shut before opening . A melodic voice then floated from behind the air vents, carried by the wind to the school courtyard, where students stopped and strained to hear the mysterious yet captivating song.

If i were to go
If i were to get close to you
What would you think?
I don’t have the courage.

More and more people joined the crowd, and it was as if all their souls were connected when they listened to the beauty of the voice. Some people had a faint recognition of the voice, but none of them really tried to pursue their leads. It was enough to just stand still for the moment and listen.

If you were to go,
If you were to leave.
I don’t know how to send you away
It keeps hanging on my mind

I know i am a fool and can only watch you from afar
Your heart may look away from me…
And so we could even become strangers
Just like a fool i can’t even say that i love you because …

By then, the whole courtyard was still, revelling in the beauty of the lyrics, as well as the heartfelt voice that seemed to take the song to another level.

We’re afraid the wait that comes upon us
After we meet will

Please log in to read the full chapter