Did Someone Call For A Nurse?

Did Someone Call For A Nurse?

just wanted to say...i drew on personal experience when writing this oneshot so some of the things in here might not be accurate or common...but its what i go through...anyways...i hope you enjoy reading!!!!

You wake up that morning with pain erupting in your stomach like you were being stabbed. Great…it’s back again, the ever so diligent visitor huh? Clutching your stomach, you haul yourself up out of bed and hurry into the bathroom. You quickly wash up and get ready, knowing that you had at most an hour before you won’t be able to move anymore. Finishing in the bathroom, you rush into your room and grab the blanket, pillow and heat pad, dropping it all onto the sofa in the living room. At least this way I’m able to get to the kitchen and bathroom and I’ll be able to keep myself entertained! Plugging in the heat pad, you let it warm up while you fix yourself a cup of instant coffee and two slices of bread. Just as you were about to bring it back to the sofa, you heard a knock on your door. Who’d it be this early in the morning? Taking a step toward the door, you feel your condition worsen and you start to shiver and white spots appear in front of your eyes. The knife like cramps from before disappeared and rather it felt as though your stomach was being shredded to bits.

“Ouch…”, you whimper.

Leaning against the counter, you half drag yourself as far as the counter could take you and then make a quick dash to the door, opening it up for the person waiting outside. Looking up, you see the face of your boyfriend seconds before you black out and collapse onto the floor.

Gikwang’s POV

I wonder what’s taking her so long?

Leaning against the wall, he ran a hand through his hair in impatience. Well it is morning and she does love her sleep. After a couple more minutes, he raised his hand to knock again, but the door opened just before his knuckles made contact. There, on the other side, was his white faced girlfriend who, upon seeing him, collapsed. Out of reflex, Gikwang reached out and quickly stopped you from falling flat onto the floor.

“____! ____, wake up!”, he shouted as he gently shook you.

Getting no response, he quickly picked you up and carried you into your living room and placed you onto the already prepped sofa. Seeing the heat pad, Gikwang placed it on top of you, hoping that the shock of warmth would wake you.

Your POV

Rather than the shivers that had been wracking your body before, the warmth from your heat pad jolted you into consciousness. Stirring, you open your eyes to see your boyfriend’s face hovering over yours.

“Kiki?”, you ask weakly.

Heaving a sigh of relief, Gikwang enveloped you into his arms. “Oh thank god!” Pulling back, he brushed your hair out of your face and stared worriedly into your eyes. “Is everything okay? You look really pale…”

Still feeling light headed, you said faintly, “I’ll be fine…but can you do me a favour and bring my breakfast for me from the counter? I just need some food…”

Without a word, Gikwang left your side and the moment he was out of your sight, you curled up into a tight ball hugging your stomach and bit your lip to stop the moans of pain from leaving your mouth. Oh god…please just let this end soon! I don’t want Gikwang to worry unnecessarily! Hearing footsteps approaching, you release your stomach and instead place the heat pad over it and place a pillow on top, hugging it lightly. Since you were holding back your cries of pain, your body started to shake and twitch as a form of release.

Seeing your shaking hands, Gikwang put the tray of food down on the coffee table and grabbed a hold of your hands. “Woah, ____, your hands are freezing!” Pulling the blanket up, he tucked it around you until only your head was only showing. Grabbing one slice of bread, he said, “Aah, open your mouth!”

Laughing a little, you opened it obligingly. After swallowing you say, “You know I can feed myself right? I’m not a child.”

Still not relinquishing hold of the bread, he fed you again. “I know, but I don’t want you spilling something on yourself and I don’t mind babying you.” He laughed for a second before becoming serious again. “I want to take care of you.”

Smiling, you quietly let yourself be fed. The hot coffee brought back some colour into your face and your shaking stopped slightly. The cramps also lessened in intensity, though they were still quite uncomfortable and painful. Whew…at least I’ve got some time before I become bad again!

Just before your coffee finished, you nodded toward the bottle on the table and asked, “Kiki, could you take out one pill and feed it to me?”

Opening the cap, he took one out and popped it into your mouth, bringing the coffee to your lips so you could wash it down. “Feeling better?”

Sighing, you nod. “Thank you so much!” Shifting, you got into a comfier position and press the pillow to your stomach harder, the warmth from the pad soothing your pain. “So how come you came by and so early too?”

“Oh, our manager gave us the day off today so I thought I’d just drop by! We haven’t seen each other in awhile so I didn’t want to waste a minute.”, Gikwang flashed you his trademark grin, his eyes crinkling into nothingness.

You scrunch your mouth up. “And here I am sick, ruining your day off…”

“Hey, you aren’t ruining anything! I don’t mind spending the day inside and looking after you! It’s not a problem for me so you shouldn’t worry about anything. I’d rather be the one taking care of you than anyone else, I get you all to myself don’t I?”, he ended off playfully, winking at you while smiling again.

You smile back saying nothing because the pain had just returned ten fold and you didn’t trust yourself enough to open your mouth. Come on ____, you can bear with this! Just a couple more hours and it’ll all be okay!

“Do you need anything else?”

At the shake of your head, Gikwang got up and cleared the dishes before coming back and grabbing the remote. Sitting at your feet, he turned the TV on, then he put his hands under the blanket and started to press your feet.

“You know, you don’t have to do that right? You should rest up, you’ve had a busy schedule…” Silently though you were pleading that he wouldn’t stop, the cramps seemed to be subsiding with every press.

Laughing, Gikwang answered your silent prayers. “This is nothing, you know I can’t sit still. Plus who doesn’t like a massage?”, he asked cheekily.

Blushing, you turn your face toward the TV as you remember the number of times you’d asked Gikwang for a massage. Slowly, the pill came into effect and the pain had dulled to a point where you could just bear it. An hour passed and you felt your eyes start to droop and lethargy spreading throughout your body. Looking at Gikwang, you see that he had fallen asleep in the course of that hour too. Hmm, a little nap doesn’t seem like too bad an idea… Just as you had surrendered to the clutches of unconsciousness, you felt your stomach heave. Abandoning sleep, you throw off the blanket and run as quick as you can to the bathroom with your arms wrapped tightly around your waist, despite the white spots that appeared in front of your eyes again. Falling onto the bathroom floor, you hang over the edge of the toilet bowl and empty your stomach of its contents. Tears poured down your face as you continued dry heaving. I hate throwing up…why couldn’t you just hold it in stomach why? With your stomach now empty, the pain that had subsided started anew and after flushing, you curl up into a ball and lean against the bathtub. Suddenly, Gikwang was there with his arms around you, pressing you close to his chest as one hand rubbed circles on your back.

“Hey…shh, it’s alright…shh…”

Gikwang kept you enveloped until your sobs slowly subsided and after checking that you were okay, he pulled back, disappeared for a second and came back with a cup. Hoisting you up, he leaned you against him for support as he helped you to the sink. An arm around your waist to keep you up, he quietly filled the cup with water before holding it up for you to wash your mouth out. Stifling your sobs, you quickly clean your mouth and splash your face with some water.

Once clean, you’re unable to stand the pain and you double over. “Kiki…could you…help me back…back to the sofa?”, you ask haltingly.

Silent, he picked you up and quickly brought you over to the makeshift bed, laying you down gently. Grabbing the heat pad, he laid it over your stomach and pulled the blanket up again. Getting up, he disappeared for a while. Oh why don’t you just kill me now? Why must I go through this same ordeal every month? Why’m I even being punished for something I had no choice in? You feel light-headed again because your stomach was empty and your body was shouting for food. With absolutely no more strength left in you, you quietly call out for Gikwang with the last remnants of your energy and just as though he’d read your mind, Gikwang came back into the living room, a steaming cup in hand along with a slice of bread.

Putting them down, Gikwang helped you into a sitting position and took a seat himself on the corner of the sofa right beside you. “Here, take a sip of this first.”, he said as he held the cup of water to your lips.

Putting it down once you were finished drinking, he picked up the piece of bread, but the sight of it caused you to gag so you shook your head and turned your face away. “I don’t want to eat…”, you mumble.

“Come on ____, just take eat a little bit of it for now, I’ve already put some soup on so once that’s done you don’t have to eat the bread, but for now you have to fill your stomach or you’ll just throw up again.”

Grimacing, you knew that Gikwang was right so you forced it down. Thankfully the soup was ready by the time you finished the slice and as the warm liquid slid down your throat, you felt your insides warm up and the cramps subside from the heat. The colour returned to your face so you were no longer pale and you could feel your energy being restored. Gikwang gave you another pill, but you knew that you were already much better, after all it was only the first couple of hours which really killed you. Yay, the storm has passed! Though of course the pain didn’t leave you, you could now bear it enough that you could begin to act like your normal self once again.

You sit up and give Gikwang a hug. “Thank you Kiki.”

Wrapping his own arms around you, he enveloped you into a bear hug with his chin resting on the top of your head. “For what?”

“For taking care of me…I really don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t around…”

“Yah, it’s my job to look after my girlfriend, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t? And you know how I can’t stand to see you hurting, I’d do anything just for it to stop.”

Pulling back a bit, you look up into his face and scrunch yours up. “But I bet this wasn’t exactly the day off you had planned was it?”

Chuckling, Gikwang shook his head. “Nope, it was just perfect.” You shoot him a look as if to say yeah right, but he shook his head again. “Really, I’m not lying. Just being able to be with you and see you is enough right now, even if you are sick.”

You genuinely smiled for the first time that day and hug him even tighter. “You just know what to say to make a girl feel better huh Kiki?” You pull back and give him a kiss. “I’m glad you’re here with me even if I didn’t want you to see me in this state. Now how about we relax and watch a movie together hmm?”

With your heat pad wrapped securely around your waist and Gikwang’s arms around you, you spent the rest of the day forgetting the pain that had occupied most of your morning and enjoying the company of your boyfriend after a long time. And, as an added bonus, he massaged your feet and back a couple more times throughout the day, making the day utterly perfect despite its rocky start.

so please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about it!!!!thnxies!!!!

and if you have any requests...please leave them for me in the comments or message me!!!!