Prologue: The Bounty

Nillili Mambo

nilili mambo - Prologue 

↳Seven men sat around the circular table at a rundouwn building somewhere in Korea. A few of them were chatting happily amongst themselves while others sat quietly, not speaking a word. One of the men cleared his throat, shutting everyone up and attracting all attention to him.

"After due consideration, I think we should return to Vietnam," the leader stated, watching his gang members to see their reactions.

His right hand man, Taeil, looked him straight in the eyes before voicing his own worries," Captain, are you sure? You remember there are large bounties on all of our heds right?"

Zico, totally unfazed, answered colloquially," Yup, I'm sure. This prize... It would be the most valuable we have ever found."

Silence befell the room. Although worried, most of the members seemed very excited. Over half of the members were figiting in their seats, excited at the prospect of traveling once again. They hadn't been to Vietnam in years, mainly because of what happened last time. All of Block B decided not to talk about it anymore, as it was quite an embarrassing time period for all of them. 

"Hey that's wrong by the way," Kyung laughed nervously, braking the silence," The thing about us all having bounties on our heads."

He was obviously the most nervous of all the men.

"Yeah!" Yukwon spoke up, joking as usual," Only the cool ones of us! Right Zico, Pyo, B-Bomb?"

P.O. laughed along with Yukwon's jokes, not as worried as Kyung.

Zico raised his voice to try to stop the tension from growing," Pyo, Yukwon, stop. This is serious."

Both P.O. and Yukwon stopped laughing immediately when their captain spoke, knowing perfectly well that if they didn't that they would be punished (though probably not that bad, just restricted from partying).

Zico continued speaking," The fact that the four of us have bounties on our heads is a disadvantage... We are going to have to be extra caref-"

"You know what that means?!" P.O. interrupted.

"Makeovers!!!" B-Bomb shouted, waving his hands up in the air.

Zico rolled his eyes while P.O., B-Bomb, and Yukwon spazzed out with each other over the prospect of being able to chang their hair colors again. Kyung was not amused, lips pressed in a straight line and hands balled up into fists under the table.

The leader sighed, noticing Kyung's uncomfortable stature," Yes we will be needing makeovers, but we will also need to... 'raise' money just in case anything happens."

Joy sparked in P.O.'s and B-Bomb's eyes, undoubtedly excited at the prospect of having some gambling time. Kyung, however, remained stoic.

"Now we get to whoop some at poker!" P.O. shouted, high fiving B-Bomb.

"I prefer blackjack myself," Yukwon joined in and pouted, feeling slightly neglected.

P.O. and B-Bomb bursted out into laughter, knowing just how bad Yukwon actually was at real gambling. They were the best and most skilled gamblers in the group by a landslide, making an especially dangerous duo that could rarely be beaten. Yukwon on the other hand was way less skilled, though he really tried.

"Blackjack is for girls," B-Bomb laughed, adding fuel to the fire.

Yukwon growled, eyes narrowing at the veteran gamble.

"Wait! Stop!" Kyung yelled.

Everyone turned to look at the nervous cook.

"Do any of you know how much money that is?!"

Kyung stared at all of them, eyes wide as they shook their heads. His eyebrows furrowed as he crunched the numbers in his head.

"A LOT!" Kyung shouted, ranting about how much the total ransom was without saying the exact amount when Zicon interrupted him.

Zico patted the boy on the back," Calm down. How much in total are we talking about?"

Kyung shook his head in disapproval as he tried to count all the zeroes in his head.

"Well... Your bounty alone is about twenty-four million dollars. P.O. and B-Bomb together are approximately fifteen million. Taeil is three million and Yukwonnie is ten million. So... fifty-two million dollars in all."

The gamblers merely shrugged at the number, not quite understanding how much money that actually was. Neither of them were fazed by the number and they continued to joke around amongst themselves.

"I bet we could win that much money faster than Jaehyo could get a girl to bed. What do you think B-Bomb?" P.O. laughed, poking fun at the previously silent member who had been dozing off, apparently not amused.

Jaehyo smirked at the two gamblers," I'll take that bet. Five-hundred bucks says I can get laid in Vietnam before you two raise even half that."

The two gamblers looked at each other and smiled," Deal!"

Yukwon smirked, this was his time for revenge. "Even you couldn't make that much money fast enough Pyo."

P.O. and B-Bomb glared at Yukwon from accross the table as he taunted them, motioning him foreward with his finger. Pyo, happy to oblige the older member, lunged across the table at Yukwon. The older boy dodged the maknae easily, aiming a kick for the younger's stomach. Soon everyone at the table began brawling with each other except Zico; Yukwon, Jaehyo, and Kyung versus B-Bomb, P.O., and Taeil. The leader's temper was reaching its peak as his teamates seemed not to take this job as seriously as he hoped.

"MEN! SILENCE!" Zico shouted at the top of his lungs, stopping his crew who were all tangled up together from their fighting.

"We are all going to need to pitch in okay?" Zico adde, "Now, get back into your seats."

They all nodded, untangling themselves from each other and attempting to get back to their seats. Yukwon gave Taeil a slap on the but before returning to his seat with a snicker, happy he got the last hit in the fight. Taeil glared at Yukwon as he returned to his seat.

"Hey Zico, how much is this prize worth anyway?" Taeil asked, glaring at Yukwon for the invasion of his personal space and limping slightly back to his seat; P.O. accidentally kicked him in the shin while wrestling with B-Bomb.

Their leader faltered slightly," Well... Actually..."

"You don't know do you?" Yukwon questioned, rolling his eyes. "Where do you get your information anyway?!"

Zico rolled his eyes," Aish! Don't you trust me? Of course I-"

He stopped mid sentence and clamped his lips shut tight.

"You really don't know do you?" Taeil rolled his eyes at his 'captain.' Sometimes Zico could be really smart, and other times it was just pure stupidity and luck.

Zico shook his head slightly," I do know where to be and that the prize is worth at least half a billion dollars."

"But not for sure for sure," Taeil sighed.

The leader scanned over his boys in an attempt to understand how they felt about his decision. Kyung and B-Bomb were still sending each other death glares across the table, not responding to their leader's lack of legitimate information. Jaehyo and Yukwon were also in their own little world, doing random things to piss each other off despite being on the same 'team' in the previous fight. Kyung, as always, had a worried expression on his face. It took a while for Yukwon to notice how deeply troubled Kyung was but when he did, he stopped messing with Jaehyo.

"Hey Kyung, don't worry too much. We'll only get put in gail for like... EVER if we get caught. No pressure right?" Yukwon patted Kyung's shoulder, using humor to try and fail at comforting the worried cook.

P.O. and B-Bomb tagged along, trying to soothe his nerves," Yah Kyung! No big deal."

"We'll be fine Kyung, we always are," Zico added.

Kyung just glared at his leader. He was the only one who didn't approve of the mission which meant they would be going to Vietnam.

He sighed in defeat," Where did you hear about this anyway?"

"Ah... It was-"

Just as Zico was about to explain what he knew, the door to the shabby building swung open.

"Aish! What is taking you guys so long?!" the intruder shouted. "It's time for the makeovers!

end. author's note: Hope you like the revamp ^^ pls comment <3 <3 <3