Chapter 15

Dream High: My Sweet Love

"All W.W fans know about Joo Yong-sshi's heart problem, is that a problem for you when you're performing?"

"Oh, no," Joo Yong smiled. "I take medications so I'm fine but thanks to everyone who's concern about my condition."

"Have you ever encounter any problems while performing with your heart?"

"Thankfully, no. I'm always afraid that I would pass out mid-performance but it hasn't happened so fingers crossed. And the other members take care of me very well so if I do feel unwell, they will make me rest and make sure that nothing happens to me."


"I can't do this," Joo Yong said, looking at Jun Hong. "This performance is not ready yet. We can't do this."

"Of course we can," Jun Hong said, holding Joo Yong's head and kissed her forehead. "You can do it and I can do it. Both of us can do it together. And it'll be the best performance of the entire evening."

Joo Yong took in a deep breath and held Jun Hong's hand as she stared onto the stage. They were both put in a last minute decision to perform the last song of the evening together because Eun Sung's partner was nowhere to be found. 

"We should do showcases more often. Joo Yong only becomes cute like this when she's nervous and you're only nervous at showcases," Jun Hong smirked softly as he gently Joo Yong's cheeks. 

As the second last performanced finished, the teacher went on stage to prepare it for Joo Yong and Jun Hong. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience but because of a student not showing up, we are now changing the last performance. Please put your hands together for Lee Joo Yong and Choi Jun Hong!"

The audience was slightly confused and they clapped slowly at first before they grasped the situation and started clapping properly. Joo Yong held onto Jun Hong's hand tightly as they moved onto the stage together. With one last good luck whisper, Jun Hong let go of Joo Yong's hand so she could sit in front of the piano.

"Sarangi anya igeon sarangi anya
Neoui jibchagil ppuniya
Eodi itdeunji naega nueol hadeunji
Museowo nareul baraboneun neo
"

"Neoui geurimjareul ddara barbda nan jeonhwareul georeo
Ne ddeollineun sumsorie jjarithaehyeo beoryeo
Ppallajineun ne balgeoreum ddara dwineun nae simjang
Michil getman gata eoduwojineun ginbam
Neoui jib apbul kkeojin garodeung mitesseo
Neorul bonda ne bangchangmun teumeseo
Bami kkeutnal ddaekkaji nal chajabwa eoseo
Nawa sum maghineun sumbakkokjireul gyesoghae
Neon neon neon neon jeoldao naegeseo ddareojil su eobseo
"

"Michin geoni wae geureoni
Ije geuman najom naebeoryeodwo
Nega boyeo sumi maghyeo
Nae nunapeseo kom sarajuejwo
"

"Neon nal jeoldae beoseonal su eobseo
Neon nal sarang halsubakke eobseo
Domangcyeobwa nega eodie itdeunji (I don't wanna see you)
Nanbolsu isseuni neol alji gipsugi
Neon nal jeoldae boeseonal su eobseo
Noen nal sarang halsubakke eobseo
Ije nal bwa I don't wanna cry no more more (I don't wanna cry no more more)
"

"Sarajyeo beoryeo geuman jom kkeojyeo beoryeo
Jeongmal sum-
"

At that moment, Eun Sung ran on stage and slammed the piano lid shut. Jun Hong reacted as soon as he saw her running onto the stage and pulled Joo Yong away from the piano before the lid shut on her fingers.

The entire auditorium was silent before some murmuring broke the silence as Joo Yong stared at Eun Sung, trying to calm her breathing. 

"Eun Sung-sshi! What are you doing?!" Teacher Shi asked, rushing onto the stage and pulled the girl by her elbow, trying to drag her off stage.

"Don't touch me!" she said and pointed her finger at Joo Yong. "You, you ruined everything for me! Why is it that every time I get to perform, you have to come along and steal my spotlight? I let the last showcase slip but I can't let this slip! This is my performance!"

With every comment that Eun Sung said, she took a step closer to Joo Yong and Joo Yong took a step back. Instead of calming down, Joo Yong's breathing increased and she placed her hand on her chest, looking like she was in pain.

"Joo Yong..." Jun Hong said softly, watching her. "Joo Yong!"

This time, Eun Sung had raised her hand, about to slap Joo Yong when the girl suddenly collapsed. Jun Hong rushed over to Joo Yong's side, holding her in his arms, calling her name.

"Joo Yong!"

From the wings of the stage, Ellie and Hae Sung came running out. Even Bi Jeong was by her side in no time.

"Someone call an ambulance!"

"Appa!" Hae Sung cried, looking at Joo Yong as none of them knew what to do.

Min Kyung pushed through the small crowd around Joo Yong and looked at Jun Hong who was holding onto his daughter but it didn't look like he was going to let her go to anyone. 

"Hae Sung, what is going on? Why did Joo Yong..."

"She's like Auntie Yun Jung," Hae Sung said. "Joo Yong's heart...she must have gotten quite a shock for her to pass out. But...she's been taking medication...she said she was better..."

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Min Kyung asked. "Why didn't anyone tell me?!"

"Appa...mianhae...Joo Yong didn't want anyone to know...I...mianhae..."

*At the Hospital*

There was a small crowd in the waiting area of the A&E and they were all there for Joo Yong. Even Dae Hyun and Yoon Hye, who only knew Joo Yong a few days before the showcase, were there for her. Jun Hong and Min Kyung were the only ones pacing up and down impatiently as they waited for the doctor to come out with Joo Yong's status.

The doctor came out not too long after and both Jun Hong and Min Kyung walked up to him, surprising the doctor a littler as he took a step back. Jun Hong looked at Min Kyung and allowed him to talk to the doctor instead.

"I'm Lee Joo Yong's father, how is my daughter?"

"She is fine now," the doctor said. "She has stabilised now and we're monitoring her. It seems that she is on long-term medication for her heart problem but she hasn't been taking her medication for a while now. We'll need her to stay in the hospital for a few days for observation and to make sure that she is taking her medication again but other than that, your daughter will be fine."

"Thank you," Min Kyung said, letting out a sigh of relief. The doctor nodded and gave them a smile, telling them that they could visit Joo Yong before leaving.

After admitting Joo Yong into the hospital and doing all the paperwork, Min Kyung went up to Joo Yong's room to see her with the crowd following. Jun Hong wanted to go in as well but Yong Guk held him back, telling him to let Min Kyung go in first as they would all get their chance.

Min Kyung opened the door and stepped in, seeing Joo Yong hooked onto a machine and her heart rate was being monitored. He closed the door behind him and sat beside Joo Yong's bed, looking at his daughter. Joo Yong opened her eyes and looked at Min Kyung, expecting Jun Hong and Ellie instead.

"Appa?"

"Surprised to see me?" Min Kyung asked and took her hand, smiling softly. "I bet you were expecting to see that boyfriend of yours, weren't you? He's not a bad kid...I'll approve."

"I don't need your approval."

"I know you don't. You're not like Hae Sung. If I tell you not to do something, you'll want to do it even more. If I told you not to go out with him, you would do everything you can to see him and I know you would."

"Are you angry that I didn't tell you?"

"About the boyfriend or about your heart? I'm angry about both. I'm angry that my daughter would rather see her boyfriend than her father after fainting and being admitted into hospital and I'm angry that I never knew about your heart so I couldn't protect you," Min Kyung smiled. "Which reminds me...I have to talk to your sister about that boyfriend of hers."

"You know about Yong Guk-sunbae?"

"She thinks I don't know but I really do. No guys look at a girl that way unless that girl is their girlfriend," Min Kyung said. "I know because I used to look at your mother that way."

"Eomma...eomma used to talk about you all the time."

"Did she now? Was it bad? I bet it was bad."

"No..." Joo Yong laughed softly. "She told me about how you met like a million times. She used to always tell me about your dates and how you used to make her laugh."

"Your mother laughed a lot when we were together," Min Kyung nodded and Joo Yong's hair. "You have your mother's laugh. You look like her too...so much."

"I also happen to have inherited her heart problem."

"From now on, you have to tell me everything that's happening to you," he said. "And I do mean everything. I don't want this to happen again."

"Can Jun Hong come in now?"

Min Kyung sighed softly and smiled at her. "Dad will never beat boyfriend, huh?"