2+1=2

2+1=2

“Dang. I was late.” My strides came to a halt as I reached the school gates, with the doors tightly closed.
And in front of the humongous school gates, was Royu.
“Royu the prefect, never perfect.”
“Royu the prefect, likes pretty girls.”
“Royu the prefect says pretty girls should kiss him.”
The old school rhyme rang in my head.
Funny no matter how everyone knew that Royu didn’t deserve a place in the prefect committee, he still managed to become one.
Well, just like me probably.
People were scared of us, and so they vote us to be prefects.
Such an idiotic decision to make.
Didn’t they realize by doing so, they’re giving us more power, more authority to bully them?
I shook my head at the stupidity of the student body.
I sighed exasperatedly when I saw the arrogant and pleased smile plastered on Royu’s face.
He smirked at me—and indication for me to ask.
“I’ll give you a kiss if you let this one pass.” I ‘asked’ in the cutest voice I could manage.
It was like reading from a script.
A script that had been executed many times before.
And then he would say, “Fine. Do it, then. Now.” I thought.
“Fine. Do it, then. Now.” He ordered just after I finished that thought.
I chuckled to myself.
This was dumb, but that was the only way I could maintain my clean records.
I leaned forward mechanically, trying not to gag at the close view of his face.
“You’ve done this successfully a million times, there wouldn’t be an exception this time. It’ll be fine.” I told myself.
Closing my eyes—not in enjoyment but to block out his face, I kissed him.
It was not enjoyable.
I could feel his tongue my lips, trying to deepen the kiss, to gain entrance.
Angry and shocked, I pulled away from him.
With my fists clenched tightly, I resisted the urge to punch his face.
“ing taking advantage of me.” I almost screamed into his face.
I glared furiously at Royu, and I got a wink in return.
Just as I was about to stomp away furiously, I heard someone clearing his or .
“Hi there, I reckon you need some help.” I smiled slightly, silently praying that he didn’t see us kissing.
He shot me a look, as though confirming my concern—that he saw us kissing.
I sighed internally as he spoke.
“Ahem...I…I’m new here.”
I nodded my head slightly.
I peaked at my watch through the corner of my eyes.
Dang. The first lesson’s gonna start soon. Flag-raising ceremony’s almost over.
“I’m telling that you stopped by to chat with me.” I told Royu, not sparing him a look.
I was about to walk in alone, and then I decided to pull that guy along with me.
“Tainting your record on the first day of school isn’t something you want.” I muttered softly, not caring whether or not he could hear me.