2+1=2

2+1=2

edited on 24-06-2010 8.12pm + 8GMT (Singapore, Taiwan, China, Malaysia timing, and...i don't know whether's there's more ><.)
___________________________________________________________

“I’ll give you a kiss if you let this one pass.” I swiveled around looking for the voice. A ? So soon? When I’ve yet to step into the school grounds? “Fine. Do it, then. Now.”
I saw the girl. The back of her head though.
She hesitated, as though slightly disgusted, almost gagged, but I couldn’t be sure. Afterall, she was the one who suggested it.
The guy was, fugly.
Hella. Fugly.
Big nose, huge nostrils.
He must have been digging his nose too much.
Freckles scattered around his cheeks.
And his built. Huge muscles with terribly small head.
I bet the girl’s as ugly as well.
Pretty girls don’t kiss fugly guys.
I coughed awkwardly, trying to claim their attention.
No matter how bad the impression they had given me, I really needed the help.
I saw the guy turn to look at me first, followed by the lady.
I was half expecting the lady to be as ugly as the guy she kissed.
And that’s where I’m wrong.
I was sure my eyes bulged out; did a double-take even, when I saw her turn to look at me.
A small smile lit her face.
“Hi there,” She said, “I reckon you need some help.”
I looked at her incredulously.
Did she notice that I had been there when she kissed that guy?
“Ahem. I…” I shook my head, trying to shake my disgust; to make the initial shock she gave disappear. “I’m new here.”
She nodded her head understandingly.
“I’m telling that you stopped by to chat with me.” I heard her say, and then she held my hand and pulled me into the school gates.
As she dragged me along, I felt someone burning holes into my back.
I turned around to meet the gaze of that guy she kissed. And then I turned back to look at her.
I was bewildered.
“Come on, to the principal’s office.” She said casually, and I followed behind her.
The journey to the principal was not long, but the silence made it seem awkward.
“I suppose you saw that scene.”
My eyes shot up to her.
I never thought she would be so direct.
She looked at me, expecting an answer.
“Yes.” I nodded my head, and she smiled, a satisfied one.
I expected her to explain, but was shut the whole time.
I followed suit, and then I realized an ironic pattern.
Each time she passed by a student, any student, they seem to move to one side, cringing out of her way.
I wanted to ask her, but the expression the students showed caused me to do otherwise. The next thing that happened was even unbelievable.
When she walked into the staff room, almost every teacher stood up to bow at her.
I thought she would at least bow back to them or something-a courtesy, but then she ignored every one of them.
I gaze down at her, trying to read her expression. But her face was so carefully composed that no emotion betrayed her.
At last, she stopped.
She stopped outside the principal’s door.
I expected her to knock, but she didn’t.
Instead, she simply barged in.
The principal seemed to not mind the fact that one of his students had just came in of her own accord, and he looked up at her adoringly.
“Come in.” She ordered, and I stared at her.
I hated people ordering me around. Who does she think she was?
I squinted my eyes angrily at her, my fingers clenched and unclenched itself, trying to calm myself down.
“Remember why you left Jeju to Seoul.” I reminded myself, and then I took a step into the principal’s room.
“Hello, Jaejoong.” The principal greeted, “Mr. Choi.” I answered his courtesy with a bow.
He took a piece of paper from his desk and handed it to me.
“Mikki?” He called tenderly, and the lady beside me glared harder at him.
She's Mikki? "What a nice name." I almost complimented, but decided against it.
“Bring him around the school.” Mr. Choi said, pointing at me.
“Yes appa.” She answered, venom seething out of her.
“Let’s go.” She whispered to me.
When I looked up, I saw her smile gently at me.
Wah. Is she a bipolar?
“Appa? He’s your appa?” I voiced my thoughts out loud unknowingly as we stepped out the staff room.
She glared at me, hard, fierce.
“You’re asking too much, young man.” She said under clenched teeth.
I did not expect her sudden change in attitude, much less welcomed her hostility.
She was being too rude. Too rude for my liking.
I grabbed her arms as she turned to leave.
I stared into her emotionless eyes and pushed her up the wall.
“No one talks to me like that, young lady. Do that again, and you won’t be spared.” I warned.
Her face portrayed no emotions at all, and returned my stare steadily-something that I would have least expected. Her expression never faltered, and that sort of surprised me.
At last, I let go of her.
I glanced down at the bruise that had formed due to the over exertion of strength I used when I grabbed her.
I opened my mouth to apologize, but she turned around and left arrogantly before I could do so.