Chapter 1

There Was A Time

Chapter 1:

 

 

 

(Donghae’s P.O.V)

 

 

Sometimes, Donghae just really hates being class representative. He doesn’t even know why he was elected for the position though he figured it was probably because he looked pretty studious as compared to his classmates. He blames the glasses. 

 

 

Well, he never really found it to be too much of a bother before. Sure, helping the teachers carry test papers to their offices did cut off some of his lunch break but he never really saw it as that big of a deal. The most he would probably complain about is having to calm down his rowdy classmates when their class needed to talk about something but even that he didn’t mind very much. Plus, an election as class representative did look pretty good on a University Application form.

 

 

Now, however, he just wants to put those stupid glasses in a blender. To hell with those extra University Application points too, he’d rather study till he died than to go through this. 

 

 

If his classmates heard the reason he was complaining right now, they would probably kill him. After all, what boy in their right mind would complain about spending three months at an all-girl school, and not just any all-girl school but an all-girl boarding school, namely Saint Lilian’s School for Girls? And he wasn’t just any boy either, he was a boy that came from an all-boy school, Saint Peter’s School for Boys. And now it’s probably understandable why his classmates would kill him for his complaint. For going alone, they’re already at his throat.

 

 

Well, he isn’t alone on that last one. Right now, the whole population of Saint Peter’s (students, teachers, even staff) is envious of seven boys including himself: Park Jeongsu (better known as Leeteuk), the fussy Student Council President; Kim Heechul, the diva of a vice president; Han Geng (better known by Hankyung) the Chinese secretary who takes more orders from the vice president than the president himself; Lee Hyukjae (better known as Eunhyuk), the exceptionally stingy treasurer and Donghae’s best friend; Cho Kyuhyun, the EVIL (and no, this is not an exaggeration, neither is the emphasis) 10th grade representative; Kim Ryeowook, the really sweet and young-looking 12th grade representative; and Donghae himself as the representative of the 11th grade.  

 

 

Honestly, what right do they have to get jealous when they were the ones who volunteered the seven for the job?

 

 

“Here we are, boys!” the excited voice of their accompanying teacher, Mr. Kim, breaks through his thoughts.

 

 

Donghae looks up and sees a rather regular building. 

 

 

“This is the girls’s dorms! Pretty nice, eh? We won’t be staying here, though, for obvious reasons. Pity. But we’ll be staying at the guest house which is a just a few blocks away so cheer up, boys!” 

 

 

Donghae wonders if it’s alright to have sent this guy, who was so obviously excited to see and teach girls to an almost scary level, along with them on this exchange student program.

 

 

“Now don’t go sneaking in here just because it’s really near, alright boys? That wouldn’t be very good! Haha!” Mr. Kim laughs almost giddily and Donghae wonders exactly who should be given that warning, the council or Kim.

 

 

With a small roll of his eyes that he makes sure Kim doesn’t see, his eyes begin to trail upwards, to a particular window which didn’t have closed curtains unlike all the others who seem adamant on blocking the day from their rooms. A particular window which, unlike all the others, had a girl standing right behind it. A girl looking straight at what could only be Donghae’s little group. A girl in a bathrobe.

 

 

He feels heat filling his cheeks as he stared at the girl who was really pretty, or at least she looks pretty from the rather large distance between them. That was pretty much all he did. Stare. Stare and block out everything around him so he can focus on his staring. 

 

 

Because Saint Peter’s had found it dangerous to hire any sort of female staff, it is true that Donghae hasn’t spent much time with girls before. He hasn’t even talked to a girl besides his own mother in years. Bottom line is, he hasn’t seen a girl in a long time so he didn’t really know that he would act like such a fool after having spotted one.

 

 

In Donghae’s defense, it was a girl in a bathrobe. She had long, silky-looking, straight hair draped all over her shoulders but he was pretty sure that she was wearing a bathrobe. And he couldn’t know for sure if she had anything underneath it but there was something about seeing a girl in a bathrobe that felt too... exposed.

 

 

Well, at least he thinks he still reacted better than Kim would’ve. On that note, he wonders if the girl sees him looking at her. He figures she doesn’t since there’s eight of them looking up and down. At the building. Not at the girl in a bathrobe.

 

 

Then she smirks and Donghae thinks his heart has stopped because he thinks the smirk is directed at him. Of course, he was wrong. The smirk was directed at anyone but him. Probably at Hyukkie since Donghae believes that his best friend is the most handsome one among them. He looks to where he Eunhyuk was standing... only to realize that the area did not contain anyone but him meaning that smirk was meant for...

 

 

“Hae!”

 

 

Donghae looks to the direction of his best friend’s voice, only to find him and the rest of Saint Peter’s student council almost one block away from where he stood. Eunhyuk frowned and motioned Donghae over as the rest continued to walk to the guest house.

 

 

“C’mon already! You’re going to get left behind!” Eunhyuk scolds, slight annoyance evident in his voice. Donghae nods nervously before jogging to catch up. 

 

 

He didn’t dare look up at the girl. The girl in a bathrobe that was smirking at him.

 

 

 

(OC’s P.O.V)

 

 

 

She never intended to reciprocate the kid’s stare. Really, he wasn’t even her type.

 

 

He was just really cute. Blushing and staring so obviously like that. Being so focused to the point that he didn’t even notice his friends leaving him.

 

 

So she grinned. Well, she hopes it looked like a grin.

 

 

And then he ran off. He must’ve been called by one of his friends. Or maybe he just realized he was alone. Whichever the case was, he stumbled off, blushing and refusing to meet her gaze. 

 

 

He really was cute.

 

 

The girl giggled quietly to herself, silently hoping that the other occupant of the room didn’t hear her.

 

 

“Are they those exchange students the council’s been preparing for?”

 

 

No such luck, it would seem.

 

 

The girl looked behind her with a small, nervous smile. Beside the bathroom door was her “roommate” in her own bathrobe, her arms crossed and her face unamused.

 

 

“Yeah, I think they are,” the girl tried to answer with confidence but ended up sounding sheepish. She knows she was caught. Her roommate stared straight into her eyes before she closed them and turned away.

 

 

“Then I guess I shouldn’t expect you later,” she says, almost huffing, before grabbing her toiletries and walking into the bathroom.

 

 

“Hey,” the girl called, finally rising from her spot by the window to hug her roommate from behind, resting her chin on her shoulder. The girl closes her eyes and leans her temple against her roommate’s.

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

They stand in the same position for a few minutes and just as the girl thinks that perhaps her roommate was starting to get comfortable with her, her roommate breaks away from her embrace.

 

 

The girl pouts, thinking she was pushed away, but stops when her roommate does not let go of her hand, refusing to look up from embarrassment at the affection. 

 

 

Her roommate tugs her into the bathroom and the girl smiles again.

 

 

~

 

I was actually trying to think up a eunhae story but then this little plot bunny came in and took my interest. It's actually my first time doing something like this so I hope it turns out okay. I'll also try to update regularly but no promises when sembreak ends. Also, please excuse the mistakes in honorifics. The Korean honorific system is a lot more complicated than the Japanese's so I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

 

Hope you guys like the story, though. 

 

-FunkEater