Intro: Donghae

Once A Siren, Always a Siren

 

BOOM!
 
 Thunder echoed, waves crashed, lightening ; The ship at sea was hardly staying above. The crew on board, scattered in efforts to support their dying ship and captain screamed out orders, what to the crew sounded like profanities but they still followed. Flags were quickly being hoisted as ropes were being tied. If you watched carefully you could see a couple of men, jumping off the bow of the ship, death seeming to be the only way out. Other members had found themselves stumbling over loose ends, barrels, and questionable equipment. Their efforts seemed to be only in vain, until a glorious sound froze all workers.
 
 On a rock, not to far, sat a mermaid, her hair reaching down to her waist. The creature’s mouth was moving, sending notes that was thought only angels can bestow upon them. The notes though, did not grant wishes or give aid, but were notes which sent a pitch never heard before. The pitch, granted only obedience, and the workers, oblivious of what had happened quickly submersed themselves in the song. The mermaid, smiled to herself, before changing the note, only slightly. The men quickly turned and made eye contact with the heavenly creature on the rock, falling deeper into her trap.
 
 “ DON’T LISTEN TO HER CALL! Plug ye’ ears! Plug them now!” A few workers had heard their captains call and turned around, but the mermaid’s pride did not appreciate it. 
 
 In seconds the mermaid had the rest of the crew forcing the captain and traitors off of the boat. The fallen members were soon swept up in the sea never to be heard of again. The rest, returned their attention to their master, who had brought her singing to a stop.  She narrowed her eyes, seductively, with a sly smile finding it’s way on her face.
 
 “ Come.” She ordered, her voice deep and soft. Not even a moment after, the men dragged their bodies off the boat, unknowingly falling to their deaths. The woman chuckled and her lips at the possible food she could now bring home. Suddenly sharp teeth bored from her once angelic mouth and she dived back into the harsh waters.
 
 Hours passed before the mermaid had finished her feedings and made her way to the kingdom. The kingdom was always vibrant, with sea shells from the darkest, depths of the ocean shimmering from the surface’s light. The buildings were originally coral reef, and seaweed, but as the humans discovered to transport over the water, the merpeople had stolen the goods, creating an even more festive look. There were a few rundown ships, which the merpeople had easily repaired to their standards. Barrels, taken or dropped from the ships, were used as dining wear, and held down by weaves of kelp. Anything and everything a merperson found was used to add on to their kingdom. The only thing that could never be these merpeople’s pride was that, Kingdom Coreali, could never be Atlantis. The sunken town that mermaids had restored. 
 
 Kingdom Coreali, was founded by Sir, Coreal, a banished merman from Atlantis. He was a different kind of merman, a siren. He had beauty and a voice unlike any other. He had the ability to make his teeth sharp or perfect at will. Mermaids in Atlantis, feared him and forced him out of the city. Coreal though, and others like him started up the town Coreali, and took it upon themselves to create a better future. Sirens though, grew up only knowing about their abilities, and they had become accustomed to their life style. Sometimes they used it to play with the humans’ emotions, other times it was for a quick bite and sometimes, usually between teenagers, it was a game, of who could create more slaves.
 
 “ Sinren?” The beautiful mermaid called, disarming her teeth. Another mermaid, with a tail of pure, white, scales came swimming out of the purple coral reef, with a mini merman in her arms. “ Aaaw what a cute guppy!” The mermaid exclaimed.
 
 The woman known as Sinren chuckled. “ He just scaled up this morning, it’s so sad his father had to miss it.”
 
 “ REALLY?! I missed it? Sea turtles! I was really hoping to be able to guess what the final scale color would be, while watching it.” The mermaid pouted, crossing her arms. 
 
 Sinren, unfolded the cloth wrapped around the baby merman. “ Isn’t the tail beautiful? It’s a light blue, just like Coreal’s wife’s was.” 
 
 “ OH! It is! I’m so jealous.” The mermaid pouted as she looked back at her tail, swinging the tan-colored object around. 
 
 “ Don’t be so pouty Beach!” Sinren laughed. The mermaid, Beach, frowned.
 
 “  My parents just had to make my name a human word too.” Beach whined, slumping down into the urchin chair. “ Speaking of names, what are you naming the little guppy?”
 
Sinren followed the movement after wrapping up the baby.  “ I think I’ll name him Donghae. That’s where his father is right now.”
 
 “ Really? All the way in the east sea?! You’ve got to be kidding me!”
 
 “ I wish I was. Scurchin, didn’t even know where he was going until he was onboard the whale-trail. He eel-ed me, with all the details. Let me tell you, the details say it‘s a beautiful place, but the war is going on there and you know-”
 
 “ I know… but Scurchin will be okay,  don’t worry about it!” Beach announced, patting her best friend on the back. “ Let’s get back to little Donghae here.” 
 
 Sinren smiled in thanks, before patting down the non-existent hair on the boy’s head.  “ I’ve already signed him up for sea horse lessons, once he learns how to wag his tail in the right way.” The two girls chuckled.
 
 “ That usually happens in a weeks time. Let me see his teeth, I want to see what his bite is going to look like.” Beach announced. Sinren rolled her eyes and gently squeezed the baby’s cheeks. 
 
 Beach stood up, and peaked inside of the mouth. “ Those aren’t even sharp! They’re like mermaid teeth!” 
 
 Sinren widened her eyes and looked inside. “ They’re like human teeth.” Sinren sighed.
 
 “ Has anyone in your family ever mated with a human?”
 
 “ I don’t believe so.” Sinren muttered worriedly. She wasn’t scared of being embarrassed, it happened in the mer-world often but life could be painful for Donghae growing up with out a Siren’s set of teeth. That’s how Siren’s show off before even showing off, and they use it to fight most of the time. Siren’s also have the strange diet of human’s organs, so their teeth are needed to be able to devour it.
 
 “ Hey, hey. Don’t worry, what ever he doesn’t have in teeth, he’ll have in his voice. Besides, he already has the looks down just with the tail.” Beach announced.
 
 The mother chuckled, and held her baby close to her. “ You are going to sing louder then any siren, you got that Fishy?”
 
_____MER-LESSON____
1) What is the Scale Process? 
            When a Mer-person, is first born, they look like a human baby, with gills on their necks- their mouths are only useful for singing and talking- this showing what gender they are for the first week of birth. When they scale, it means their body has become accustomed to their homeland. The scales on a mermaid’s tale usually tells another mermaid where they are from, and any family issues at birth. Though, hardly anyone knows the meaning of what scale means what, for now scales just seem to be a fashion thing.  Parents usually throw a party in celebration of the tail, and that the baby has came to be.
          Some babies die during the ‘human’ stage of birth.
 
2) Why does she call him guppy?
            Guppy is always a term non-relatives calls the baby. 
                Relatives will call them Fishy or angel-fish, depending if girl or boy.
 
3) Why does she say Sea Turtle?
             Sea Turtle is our equivalent of saying DAMNIT :D 
 
4) Whale-trail?
               Whale trail is the moving trail for whales. If a whale is moving from one kingdom to another, this is the only path possibly. Mer-people and sirens use it as fast transport during wars.
 
5)Eel-ed?
               This one is easy: It’s mail.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Author's Note:
I know this chapter is short, and boring, and no eunhae goodness, but I didn't know how else to give you all information on the sea-world and where Donghae came from. Plus, there will be alot of refrences.
 
 Anyway, the story will start in the next chapter, which will be posted shortly:
 
 Study up!