Chapter 1

Baby, Don't Cry.

 

Hyuna opened her eyes, groggily. Staring at her ceiling (which was dimly lit since it was early in the morning), she did nothing. She didn't move an inch, except her eyes, which slowly blinked every minute or so. Letting a steady but long gasp of air escape , she turned over to her side.

    Up until very recently, she had been strong about this. She didn't need anyone. She didn't want to appear weak, or fragile. So she held it in. Until now, this very second. It seemed like everything caught up with her. It was too much. She couldn't even cry. This moment reminded her of when they stayed up all night, laying in bed. They'd make stupid jokes, talk about theories of the universe, and just look at each other. 

   She closed her eyes and went back to bed.

   

 

  Hyuna opened her eyes, groggily. Staring at her ceiling, she noticed how bright it was. She looked at her clock. It was already 12 PM. She layed there for a second, and dragged her feet to the shower. She took off her pajamas, and stepped into the warm water. She grimaced at the memories that came with it. The times they would take showers together, The times they would sit in the bathtub and just talk. She quickly finished up her shower and got dressed, hoping to ignore any more reminders for the day.

   She quickly hopped down the stairs and grabbed her keys. She was out the door and into her car in an instant. She didn't know where she was going to go, but she wanted to drive anyway. It was sunny and warm. She opened her sunroof, flipped on her radio, and drove. 

    She remembered when they used to drive around, going on miniature roadtrips to unknown destinations. 

    She remember when their hair would whip back and forth from the sunroof's wind. 

    She remembered her feet on the dashboard, and she remembered playing with eachothers' fingers, intertwining and locking together.

    Hyuna pulled over on the grass. The road was empty, as it was a  back road. That meant nobody could see her sob her heart out. It felt like it had been two hours later when she finally stopped. She looked in the mirror, fixing her makeup. Waitng a few minutes to calm herself down, she made sure the outburst wouldn't return. Hyuna shrugged it off and began driving. 

    Finally, her favorite food joint was in sight. They had found it together after a roadtrip, but that didn't mean it couldn't be her favorite. She walked in, bouncing on her toes. It felt good to get it out, although she was still sad. She sat at a booth, ordering a simple vanilla milkshake and a humburger. While waiting, Hyuna looked around. She looked at how happy and innocent everyone seemed, especially the kids with their families. Smiling, she turned around in her seat.

   

    All she needed was one breakdown, and she was fine. She realized that she could make new memories, ones for herself. She didn't need someone. And if someone else came along, then she'd make new memories for them. She stretched and smiled as she ate her food. She was finally over it.

 

 

____________________________

Thank you very much for viewing! I hope you enjoyed. Also, constructive criticism would be helpful... Please subscribe, comment, and check out my other story, Ennui! : )