Don't Leave Me

We Are Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

No One P.O.V

It was a cold, dark and snowy winter. People were hurrying back home to get some warmth from hot dinner, or the fireplace. However, there were still people working darkly and secretly, in the wet and gloomy evening, the underground world. For them, it would be the best time for them to do their work. Who would notice those distributing drugs and killing those who disobey at this time of day? No one would notice, but, it would become exceptional today.

“I would come back early! Don’t worry, Mrs. Lee” I would remember to celebrate Christmas with Yunho Oppa today!. A girl walked down from her shop happily, wanting to return home to celebrate birthday with her landlord’s son. She was always grateful that the landlord always took care of her after she graduated. Her oppa had taken care of her since her parents died when she was two years old. Being young, she couldn’t really remember how they look like, but still missed them.

Now, her oppa is working in a small company owned by him in a beautiful small town. Sometimes when she comes back from the cold nights, she will get a good cooked meal by her landlord.

While smiling happily, she walked ahead and turned into an alley, and a horrible scene awaits her.

She widened her eyes at her own sight, a person with face as pale as white paper, and another man standing, holding a gun. Before she could even scream, the guy was killed with eyes opened. “Fool, if you accepted the drug, nothing would happen.” The killer smirked and kept his gun.

“Who are you?” Her head turned to the man who is standing and she couldn’t find her voice to speak. “Since you saw me and my doings, I have to kill you. It’s too late to say your prayers now.” He said calmly, without even fearing the word ‘killing’. She wanted to run away, but she was too shocked to do anything. Her feet were rooted on the ground, unable to even move an inch.

When the cold metal reached her head, she shivered at it. She heard the trigger was about to being pulled, and suddenly, another voice interrupted. “So, Yongguk, a catch on Christmas? How lucky.”

“Well, what do you want Minhyuk? Even though you are the second in the syndicate, you have no rights to stop me from killing her”. Her heavy mind relieved a little after the gun got off from her head. “I won’t stop you, You must understand Yongguk, the syndicate is running lower in money and I think she could be the hostage for now. Since the boss ordered us to do that”. The killer, whose name is Yongguk, shoved back the gun to his pocket, remaining there, covered.

Minhyuk, the guy who appeared out of nowhere walked towards the weak and fragile girl. “What’s your name? Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you.” He used his thumb to tilt her chin. “Ni-cc.. Nicole Jung”. She finally found her voice, and tears started to collect at her eyes, before slipping down her flawless face, one by one.

The killer looked at Minhyuk, trying to understand what he is going to do next. In the world of syndicate, it’s the best if the past is hidden, and someone should not and cannot find out the past.

“Hmm, Yongguk, she’s going to live in your house till we get the money.”

“What?! Fine. Whatever you say.” He returned to his calm and collected voice. Minhyuk gave a smirk and whispered into Nicole’s ears before walking off to someplace. “Be a good girl.” After watching him left, Yongguk grabbed her hand and walked to his car, soon speeding off, with Nicole ever so shocked.

About half an hour later, they reached an old and simple house near the end of the city. He walked into the house with Nicole tailing obediently behind, not making any single sound. “Here’s your room.” Yongguk told her simply and went to his couch to turn on the television. He laughed for once or twice, and she was very surprised someone like him could laugh. Somehow, his laugh entered her heart wonderfully, like a beautiful melody.

Her gaze never stops following the killer, wondering who might this mysterious man could be. How could someone give up everything, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter