Get Well Soon Jun Hong ah ~

Get Well Soon Jun Hong ah ~

"Ya ! Ireona ! It's already 06:30! Wake up if you don't want to get detention !" You shrieked from the kitchen for your little brother as you flipped the pancake.

 

"YA ! CHOI JUN HONG !" You screamed at the top of your voice. Handling housekeeping matters was never your best ability.

 

Ever since mum and dad passed on, you had to stop school and started working instead. Lucky for you, you did Accounting back in school and the skill pulled off when you are on your current job. Nothing much, just an office worker in the most prestigious restaurant in the entire Korea. An office worker in charge of the imports and exports, the financial state of the restaurant, accounts in the company and also the stocks available in the huge freezer. Just a collective amount of numbers to be calculated and accounts to be checked regularly.

 

It has been two years since you brought home the bread. Thank God, your pay was more than enough to support a family of two; you and your brother. A handy driving license you got at the age of 17, and a legal age of 20. You were definitely at the peak of your life, which has yet to be classified as fruitful or not.

 

But you didn't care. You finally felt the burdens and the hardships of a mother, and are willing to take on the challenge with little experience and little knowledge in housekeeping. This could be useful when you were to tie the knot sooner or later. What's more, someone needs to look after baby Jun Hong, if not you, who else ?

 

"CHOI JUN HONG !! DON'T MA-" you scolded him again, only to be greeted with his low growls of rebellion as he walked down the stairs, rubbing his tummy and his bed-hair shot in every direction.

 

"FASTER GO SHOWER !! IT'S 06:45 !" You screamed at him. He just sat down the dining table ever so lazily, and placed his head down.

 

"Ya, what are you do-" you shook him by the shoulders. Just then, from beneath your palms, under his thin white v-neck tee, you felt a tingling warm feeling. Your mind went blank for a moment and you went to touch his forehead and neck. He's hot !

 

Okay, not the hot, hot. It's the hot, hot. Get it ? Okay, anyways, he felt really warm. A concerned expression spread over your face and guilt swallowed you whole. You felt guilty for shouting at him when he was already suffering from a fever. The last thing a person wants to have when he has a fever is being nagged at. No, never ever.

 

"Jun Hong ah, let's go to the doctor. You're very very warm." You suggested.

 

He responded with a shook of the head.

 

"Let's take your temperature Jun Hong ah, stay here alright ?" You instructed and rampaged his room for a thermometer. You rushed back down and placed it under his tongue as you slowly guide him to the living room and made him lay down on the sofa. It beeped and the current temperature was 39°c.

 

You brought down a few sheets of thick quilt from your cupboard and covered his body with it, attempting to make him sweat buckets to remove those excess heat from his body. He shivered more. Seeing him that sick and pale made you on the verge of breaking down.

 

You ran to the kitchen, grabbed an unused towel and a basin of lukewarm water.

 

You settled down next to your dongsaeng and started to dap his forehead slowly.

 

"You could have told me you were sick.. I'm sorry for yelling at you." You apologized. By then, Jun Hong was already snoring softly.

 

You smiled at his angel-like features and sighed softly. To think of it, Jun Hong has been sick lately, ever since mum and dad was no longer around. It's either he had stomach upsetness, suffering from temporary depression and constant flu. Whenever they were around, he was as fit as fiddle. Playing sports all day, from afternoon to night, smiling and laughing, making crappy jokes that only you understood. But he stopped after that.

 

"Did you walk under the rain ? Did you overwork yourself ? Have you been eating well in school ?" You asked him, avoiding thoughts relating to your parents. He fidget a bit, pulling the covers closer to him and then laid on his side, facing you. You softly ruffled his messy green dyed hair and went to the kitchen to put away the basin and then to the telephone. You dialled Mr Do's number after rummaging it from the contact books.

 

After much ringing, someone answered from the other end of the line.

 

"Yoboseyo ?" a deep, low and rough voice answered.

 

"Yoboseyo ? Is this Mr Do Kyung Soo ?" You asked and waited for a reply.

"Ah, Jun Hong won't be able to come to school today. He has a really high fever. Please excuse him for today." you continued.

 

"Alright, I will update the office about this. May I know who this is?" He asked, voice sounded irritated and angry.

 

"Um, Choi Chun Hae, his sister." You replied timidly.

 

"Okay, I will inform the system about it. Thank you." With that, he hung up. Probably in the middle of class administration.

 

You went to the kitchen to prepare porridge instead and placed the pancakes in the fridge. You cooked his favourite porridge with eggs inside. Maybe weird, but your Jun Hong IS unique !

 

After a half an hour of cooking, you ended up with a big pot of porridge. The aroma of the chicken porridge was strong enough to stir Jun Hong up and make his way to the kitchen. He went up behind you and placed his chin on your shoulder. Sure he was tall. Very tall.

 

"Come eat. A little bit will do." You turned around and linked arms with him, guiding him to the dining table. He growled softly. He didn't want to eat.

 

"No, eat. Please ? A little bit ? For me ? Please ?" You pleaded. He gave in and sat down on the dining chair and started eating it in small scoops. At least it warms your heart to know that he'd actually eat to get better. For his own good at least.

 

You sat in front of him, placing a glass of warm honey lemon drink that you made and observed him eat.

 

"Eat slowly, Jun Hong ah.." you tapped the space on the table between you. He nodded in reply.

 

You watched quietly as he ate his second round and to the point of shining clean bowl, ate medicine and drank your own made honey lemon till the last drop. You smiled to yourself.

 

"Just leave it there and go to sleep. I'll wake you up around the afternoon to take your medicine again." You instructed.

 

Jun Hong staggered towards the couch. You caught him just in time when he was about to fall. Heavy. But you held on strongly. Maybe he was weak and giddy from the medicine. You placed his arm around your shoulder and slanted to the side so that his weight would be slightly on you and helped him to the sofa. You laid him down, positioned him in a comfortable position before pulling the covers up to his neck.

 

As you cleaned the dishes, a tear slipped down your warm cheek. Not ever has Jun Hong showed this weak side of him. Maybe he was really ill, or just a side of him of missing both your parents, you don't know. He'd never admit those things. Even if he does, it's unlikely to be very convincing.

 

Your phone vibrated on the dining table. You dried your hands and went to your phone and saw it was your dear Jong Up sent a text.

 

" From: Dear

 

Where are you ? You're not coming to work ?

 

Sent at: 10:47 am"

 

You remembered that Jong Up was supposed to go to work together with you from the bus interchange and quickly sent him a reply.

 

"To: Dear

 

Yeobo ~~ Mianhe... My dongsaeng has caught a high fever.. I'm so sorry ! Better go to work fast ! You're going to be late ! Sorry once again ! ><

 

Sent at: 10:49 am"

 

You bit the keychain on your phone and waited for a reply. Soon, your phone vibrated again.

 

"From: Dear

 

Sorry to hear that ! I hope he recovers soon ! Don't worry ! I'm in the bus already.

 

PS: Will be visiting you as soon as work is done ! <3

 

Sent at: 10:55"

 

You smiled. Such an understanding guy. In the meanwhile, you checked up on your dongsaeng once in a while as you cleaned the house. Then, another vibration arrived. A call from Dae Hyun. One of Jun Hong's friend.

 

"Dae Hyun ah.." You answered the phone in the middle of mopping the floor.

 

"Noona ! Is Zelo at home ? Is he sick ? Noona ! We're coming over !" With that, he hung up. You looked confused and continued with mopping the floor. At least everything will be spic and span when they arrive.

 

Jun Hong slept like a log for 7 hours straight. By the time it was 2:30 pm, he woke up.

 

"Jun Hong ah, I've prepared chicken soup noodles for you, a cooling dessert to help lower your temperature and the honey lemon again. If it's not up to your taste, there's kimchi fried rice." You said as soon as he stood up and approached the dining table.

 

As usual, he sat down and you sat down in front of him. Jun Hong started to eat everything slowly, but in a generous bite. He looked up halfway from eating the kimchi fried rice and stared at you for a long time.

 

"W-wae ? You don't like it ?" you started to panic.

 

"Gomawo noona.." He squeaked. His parched throat made his voice nearly inaudible and rough.

"Thank you for taking care of me, cooking me all these meals even when you don't really know a lot of these things." he continued.

 

You started to tear up but put up a brave front and swallowed your tears.

"Alright, alright, enough talk. Eat." You smiled.

 

He smiled back. "Is my friends coming ?" he asked in a tone full of hope and anticipation.

 

The doorbell rang. "That must be them." You laughed and went to answer the door.

 

Soon, boys started to fill the dining room, feasting on your cooking and little did you know, your dear Zelo was happily laughing and smiling again.

 

 


 

 

Ta-daa !!

I hope it was up to expectations though ~~ :D

 

Please comment :>