Puzzle-Like Pieces

Lost My Pieces

 

Please do not plagiarize, copy, nor claim this story yours.

Thanks.

 


 

OneShot

 

 

 

“Lu Han-hyung and Chaerin-ah had been dating for a while now, huh?”

 “Yeah…”

 “Never thought that this would happen.”

 “I can’t believe that he would stick to only one girl after all those girls he once dated and rejected.”

 Lu Han and Chaerin had been a couple for over 6 months now. The other members of EXO considered it as a miracle, for no girl had lasted this long in Lu Han’s girlfriend list. Some lasted a few months, some a few weeks; more so, a couple of minutes! Lu Han had been a playboy since like, forever… But it all changed when that incident happened between Lu Han, Chaerin, and his powers…

 

 

 

“Yah! Lu Han-hyung! You made another girl cry again…” Sehun lightly spanked Lu Han at the back when a girl who got dejected by Lu Han passed by him, weeping.

 “Nah~ It’s not new for you, right?” Lu Han snickered and wrapped his arm around Sehun, “She’s not that pretty, anyway.”

 “But still, it’s wrong to treat girls like that.” Sehun scolded, but Lu Han didn’t actually listened; instead, he started walking away.

 “How’s it going with your training?” Lu Han glanced at Sehun, “Hmm…? What training?” “You know, about your powers.” Lu Han smiled at him. “Ah... Hey! Don’t say it out loud!” Sehun covered his hyung’s lips. “Okay! Okay!” Lu Han removed Sehun’s hand and finally had the freedom to talk again. “Sheesh… You know we’ll get in big trouble when someone knew about it.” The younger complained. “I know, stop reminding me.” Lu Han rolled his eyes, “Anyways, how’d it go?” “Good, I guess…” Sehun shrugged. “Show me.” Lu Han wiggled his eyebrows. “Fine…” Sehun searched for a shadow anywhere; there was none at the moment. Sehun lifted one hand and, when he did that action, the wind gathered at his palm, tiny sand particles and whatsoever were collected, dragging along the wind.

 “Wow! Awesome!” Lu Han’s eyebrows rose when he saw a small little tornado forming on top of Sehun’s right palm, “It’s only small, though.” He shrugged and stopped making the wind tornado. “How about you, hyung?” Sehun blinked at him with pleasing eyes. “Watch this.” Lu Han turned his head from side to side, realizing that they were the only ones walking by the abandoned corridor. He then looked out at the open to see a crowd of girls giggling and chuckling among themselves. *Gotcha.* He saw bait, and when he meant by ‘Bait’, it means embarrassment for that poor ‘bait’.

 Lu Han lifted a hand, facing the direction of a girl. He lowered it a bit more, and more, until it was at the level of her buttock. *Oh no hyung, you’re not gonna do that - * “Yah!” The girl shrieked. Too late for Sehun’s thoughts. Her skirt got lifted in the air, gaining a lot of attention from everyone who was surrounding her, especially the boys. All the guys around her got beet red, even Sehun. “W-What the h-heck?!” She got even redder and tried to lower her skirt to let that ‘force’ stop exposing her underwear. *Oh no you don’t.* Lu Han smirked and lifted it even higher. “Yah, w-wah!!!” She struggled and wanted to run away in shame.

 *What cute .* Lu Han smiled evilly. At that moment, Lu Han didn’t notice her glaring at his direction. “Ah…” Lu Han put his hand down and blinked at her, with eyes rounded. She stomped her foot and got out of the scene. “Pfft.” Lu Han suppressed a laugh, “Dude! Did you even know who you messed with?!” Sehun nudged him, “Hah?” Lu Han blinked a few times back as a response. “Hyung! She’s Song Chaerin from Class B! Don’t you know her?!” Sehun worriedly asked in a screaming manner. *Oh… Didn’t saw her.* Lu Han’s eyes rounded.

 Song Chaerin is a popular ulzzang at Lu Han’s school, but her attitude is quite a rip-off with her image – she’s a really strong and stubborn, powerful girl. She never looks down on anyone, well, a few people, maybe, but she’s quite arrogant, especially when it comes to guys. She’s one girl you don’t want to mess with… Especially when you’re one with beyond what is natural or normal powers.

 

 

 “Lu Han-ssi!” Chaerin put her hands on her waist and tapped foot with an irritated face. Lu Han turned his head around, he walked towards her and faced annoyed Chaerin, “What do you want?” “Say sorry, now!” She yelled. “Tch, why would I?” Lu Han shook his head with an unimpressed face. “Say sorry for what you did earlier, or you’ll gonna be sorry.” Chaerin’s eyebrows furrowed. “Make me.” He leaned forward, their noses touching each other. *What a flirt.* Chaerin secretly rolled her eyes, “Or I’m gonna tell everyone that you have powers.”

 Lu Han fell silent.

 So she knew…

 “Wah… Don’t mess with me. I don’t have powers.” Lu Han pretended to laugh, but inside it, he was really nervous. Did it seem that obvious for her to know?

 Chaerin smirked, satisfied with his reaction. She turned around and started whistling, “Hey everyone~ Lu Han here have secret powers~” She beamed.

 Lu Han laughed smugly, “Do you think anyone would listen to you?”

 “Oh, they will. I’ll just have to show them proof.”

 “Like how?”

 “I’m gonna get those powers off of you.”

 Lu Han rolled his eyes, “If you can. That would be impossible for someone like you.” “Well, sorry for being the person you think I am. But they didn’t know Mr. Oh-so-famous Lu Han was a ert, until now.” She scorned. Lu Han’s fuse wasn’t that long nor short, it was really short at this point of time, thanks to Chaerin, that is. *That does it!* He reached out a hand and let his powers spill off. He lifted Chaerin in mid-air; she was wearing a satisfied face.

 *Ah…* Lu Han put her down the ground once more and his face turned sour. *Tch, she tricked me.* Chaerin chuckled at Lu Han’s current emotion, “What do you want?” He asked. “Nothing more than a sorry.” A grin twitched at Chaerin’s lips. “Fine, I’m sorry.” Lu Han bluntly said. “With feelings!” Chaerin demanded. “Urgh,” He grumbled, “Fine! I’m sorry, okay?!” Chaerin sighed, “This’ll never work. Alright, I’ll give you time to say it again until you find that deep in your heart, you’re really sorry, okay?” Chaerin turned her back at Lu Han and made a little wave, “See ya later.”

 At that point of time, Lu Han stood, dumbfounded.

 He then realized that, “Ah… she’s different. She’s not one of those flirty girls who aren’t fun to mess with.”

 More than girls, he loved fun even more.

 And he finally saw that ‘Fun’.

 …A weird feeling then occurred to Lu Han.

 

 

 It was night time.

 “…Ah.” Chaerin’s bag fell to the ground as she saw the sight in front of her.

 Lu Han was kissing another girl in a very small alleyway, which was not her.

 “Ngh…” Lu Han tried struggling from the intense kiss. His eyes shifted at Chaerin, who was dumbfounded. His eyes widened and pushed the girl,“I-It’s not what you think!!!” Lu Han shouted. “Save it.” Chaerin bit her bottom lip to contain her anger, or worse, her crying. She walked out of the scene with eyes welling up. “Wait! Chaerin!” Lu Han was able to catch up with her face and yanked her wrist, “Chaerin…” “I knew it all along. You haven’t changed. You were still that silly, stupid playboy I fell in love with…” She still kept on trying hard not to shed tears. “…No, I’ve changed. I… I – “ “Shut it.” She got out of her grip and ran far, far away from Lu Han.

 *How did things go like this…?*

 After a few hours of waiting, Chaerin didn’t return back. Lu Han slumped at EXO’s couch in their dorm, wearing an anxious face. “She still hadn’t come back?” Kai jumped on the sofa and put his arm around Lu Han, “…Yeah.” He sighed. “How did it happen?” Kai asked, “Drunk girl jumped on me and attacked my lips.” Lu Han frowned. *There goes my first kiss that I’ve been saving for Chaerin.* Even though Lu Han had dated a dozen of girls back then, he hadn’t kissed even a single one of them, not even a peck on the lips. He’d been saving it for his ‘True Love’, which was now drifting apart. “She’s the one, huh?”

 “Yeah…”

 “You know what, hyung? You are a really gifted person.”

 “How’d you say that?”

 “…Look at your powers.”

 Lu Han understood. *Ah, so that means… I can - *

 “So, can I use my powers if she’s heartbroken by now?”

 “Hyung, think.” Kai lightly shook his head, “You might have anything and everything in this world, but there are disadvantages with it. You know why the ‘Supreme’ gave you powers? Because it was meant to be used wisely from the start. It wasn’t for mere fun and enjoyment at all. You think you can use your powers to put everything back to normal? …Everything?” Kai continued, “The heart is the most fragile and complicated part of the body, when you break its puzzle-like pieces, they might just get lost easily, you know?

 It struck Lu Han. For a while, he was silent; in his deep thoughts. Kai patted his hyung’s shoulder, “Wait here. I’ll find her.” In a blink of an eye, Kai was gone from the room, leaving Lu Han pondering. This is the one. He had his chance, and he let it slip away. And maybe after a few minutes, that chance might be gone by now, from his tight grip… From his heart. He wouldn’t wanna mess it all up. All the effort  he put on just to get the love of his life. He thought of ‘Love’ as a joke, a mere, foolish game. But now, his point of view changed. Will that change just vanish off oh so easily all because of him?

 “Lu Han-hyung.” Kai appeared from no where and poked his shoulder. Lu Han turned around, “She’s at her dorm room.” Lu Han immediately stood up from his spot and dashed out of the place. She wouldn’t want this one to pass away like a fond, old memory. “Good luck… Hyung.”

 

 

 “Chaerin.” Lu Han got inside, panting heavily.

 “…Why are you here?!” Chaerin glared holes at him. She was washing the dishes when he entered.

 “I want to talk.” Lu Han stood up straightly, walking towards Chaerin.

 Chaerin took a few steps back, like Lu Han was gonna eat her up. “Please, give me a chance.” Lu Han’s squinted, begging for it. “No!” Chaerin pushed Lu Han with her wet, soapy hands, “Heh. So I’m just a toy to you, huh?” “No! You misunderstood – “ Chaerin left him hanging, “I was just a toy to kill time, right?! I… I’m only used for mere self-satisfaction for you, right?! You,” She poked a finger at Lu Han’s chest, slightly giving him an impact. “You never took me seriously while I… I fell for it. I was stupid! I was stupid for loving you!”

 *No… You’re not. You’re the best thing that’s every happened to me… You changed me.* Lu Han wanted to spout those words out, but somewhere inside him kept on saying ‘No, it would only make things worse.’ Lu Han begged once more, “Please Chaerin…” “Save it. We’re done for.” She threw the plate at the ground from anger, leaving tiny pieces of it scattered in every inch of the floor. She bumped at Lu Han and banged the door. *Now you know what those girls you’ve rejected feel like…* Chaerin wiped off her tears as she kept on running under the starry night sky.

 Lu Han bent down, picking up the pieces of the now destroyed plate. *Ouch…* Lu Han’s thumb was bleeding, he on it. *With my powers, I can easily pick these up, without having a cut. But when I did it manually, truth finally came to me…* He kept on picking the pieces up. It seems that he collected all the pieces, but the others were lost. *Now this is what it feels like. I… I was stupid. I was scared of being hurt, that’s why I used my powers all this time. I guess it would get healed, but the scares will remain forever… It’s all over.* Lu Han stood up, enduring the pain from his deeply cut thumb. *Kai, now I know what the answer to your question is…* A teardrop fell from Lu Han’s damp eyes.

 “…It won’t be able to put the lost pieces of a shattered heart back.”