Flashback

Wedding Dress

___’s POV

                I waved my hands to both of my best friends as their car went away. Kevin and Hyun Ae, they were my best friends. They were like my family. There were three of us, but now, it was them and me.

                I lied when I said that I was busy, cause I wanted to avoid the marriage. I was afraid that I would be hurt if I attended it. But my heart told me not to be so selfish, so I decided to come. I tried my best to hide my feelings and gave a smile for them, even it really hurted. I should be happy for them, cause their happiness was mine too. I really loved them, soooo much. That was why I would do anything for them, even it had to sacrife my self, my feelings.

FLASHBACK

                Hyun Ae and I were best friend since we were kids. One day, we played in my mother’s room and ruffled her wardrobe. A wedding dress was accidentally dropped from it’s hangers. We were fascinated of how beautiful the wedding dress was.

“Woow, whose wedding dress it is?” Hyun Ae took the dress to me.

“It’s my mother. Beautiful isn’t it?” I said as I tried it on me.

“One day, I want to wear a wedding dress too”

“Of course! We will wear it on our marriage”

“Yeah! We will have our marriage together and wear the beautiful dresses together!”

“Promise?”

“Promise.” we made a pinkie promise and giggled. Since then, we made our dreams and plans for our marriage later.

END OF FLASHBACK

                Hyun Ae had made her dreams come true, with the one I loved. I loved Kevin more than just a best friend. We were very closed, until an accident happened.

FLASHBACK

                Kevin and I had been close to each other since I didn’t know when. But the most important thing that we knew was we loved each other.

On a Saturday night, Kevin took me out again. We went to a mall and stopped at a wedding dress shop.

“___-ah, what are you looking at?”

“That” I pointed to a wedding dress that was on display.

“Ooh, do you want it? I will buy it for you”

“Don’t be kidding! Moreover, what i’m gonna do with that dress on my 17, even if I really want it”

“No, I’m not kidding. You can keep it later. For our marriage, hehe”

“Yah! Don’t play with me” I said while blushing because of what he said.

“I’m serious ___-ah. I want to be with you, so please be with me forever. I will buy the most beautiful wedding dress that ever created for you, and you will wear it on our marriage as my bride”

“Promise me?” I asked and offered him my pinkie finger.

“I promise you” he crossed his pinkie finger with mine and peck me on the cheek.

                One day, I got a phone call from Hyun Ae.

“Hello?”

“Hello? ___-ah! Ke-kevin..”

“What? Why are you screaming? What’s wrong with Kevin?” I was scared till death when it was about Kevin.

“He-he got a car accident!”

“No way! Where is he now?”

“We’re in the hospital now. He’s in the surgery room”

“Okay, I’ll be there soon”

                I waited for him to wake up from his coma for only one weeks since I had to go overseas. My parents had a bussiness in America and they couldn’t believe me to stay alone, so I had to come with them. I kept contacting Hyun Ae to ask how he was and told her to take care of him. I spent my days in America with worries about Kevin.

                After 2 weeks, I came back to Korea. I couldn’t wait to see Kevin, so I asked my mother to drop me at the hospital. I headed to Kevin’s room and saw he was laughing with Hyun Ae.

“Kevin! You’re alive” suddenly I hugged him tightly, but he tried to let go of me.

“Who are you?”

“Wha-what are you talking about? I-I’m ___. Don’t you remember?”

“Listen ___. Kevin got a brain concussion, so he lost a part of his memory” Hyun Ae interrupted.

“I’m sorry ___. I can’t remember you. But you seem familiar for me. Can we start over?” he smiled to me. I was shock, and speechless. I just cried my eyes out.

“Don’t cry ___-ah” he wiped my tears away from my cheeks and rubbed my back softly.

END OF FLASHBACK

                Since that accident, Kevin got closer with Hyun Ae and they became a couple. I couldn’t stop them. I couldn’t blame Kevin for lossing his memory or Hyun Ae cause she didn’t know that we were in love once.

                Everything had made me broke into pieces. Seeing those love birds every single day was killing me inside. I had tried to move on, but I still kept Kevin deep inside my heart. Maybe he was different, but I believed there was still a part of him that I knew a long time ago.