The Day

Wedding Dress

___’s POV

                With a beautiful white dress that my best friend gave me, I entered the church. I opened the door and saw some people had been there, sitting on the bench. I went to a man whom standing on the altar across from me. A man whom I really loved wholeheartedly since a long time ago. He looked at me surprisingly and flashed a big smile. Seemed like he had been waiting for me for forever.

“___-ah! You come!” he came and hugged me.

“Kevin-shi! Of course I come! How can I miss my best friend’s wedding!”

“Hyun Ae said that you were very busy lately, so I worried if you couldn’t come”

“Yeah, I was. But since it’s all about you and Hyun Ae...looked! I’m here now!” I smiled.

“I’m so happy that you can make it for me” he hugged me once again.

“So, where’s Hyun Ae?” I asked him.

“She’s still in the changing room. Wanna me to accompany you there?” he offered me.

“No, you stay here. You shouldn’t see your bride before the time.”

“Haha I just can’t wait. I really want to see how beautiful she is with the wedding dress!”

“You should be more patient, cause it won’t be a surprise for you then. And don’t even try to peek!” I pointed to him as I leaved.

                I opened the changing room and peeked inside. Hyun Ae was there, looking at herself in the mirror. I approached her silently without her knowing.

“Hyun Ae-ah!” I surprised her from back.

“WAA! ___-ah! Aish!” She turned to me. I could tell from her expression she was annoyed.

“Haha, got ya!”

“Yeah you win, you got me scared. By the way, since when you’re here?”

“I just arrived and met Kevin. Hey, why are you looking at the mirror all the time?” I asked as she looking at the mirror again.

“___-ah...I feel uneasy. I don’t think I deserve this. The marriage, the wedding dress. You know, our dream, our plans, that we have made..”

“Sssssh...our was an old one. Now, make yours comes true. I can make mine comes true one day” I put my index finger on her lips.

“Look!” I pointed her reflection in the mirror.

“I see a beautiful woman, wearing a beautiful wedding dress, getting ready for the most happy moment in her lifetime. It’s just perfect. She’s perfect”

“Thank you very much ___-ah. Now, I get my confident back. You’re the best bestfriend I’ve ever had”

“Come on, it’s the time” we went out the room and headed to the church.

Narrator's POV

                 Kevin wanted a sacred marriage, so he just invite a few people, just his family, his bride’s family, and some close friends.

                After all of the guests came, the wedding began. The bride entered the room with a bouquet of rose in her palm. She walked on the red carpet elegantly with ___ as the bridesmaid following. She went to the altar and standed in front of Kevin while ___ had her seat on the first bench.  With a smile on their faces, the couple made their promise in front of the priest. There were happiness everywhere, except for ___.