That Love 1

That Love

“Cheakyeong-ah, are you ready for the audition today?” Shinyoung asked me when I was about to close my eyes for my afternoon nap. I’m laying on my bed, looked at her.

“What audition?”I asked her back, because as far I remember, I don’t have anything to do today. Plus, today should be my rest day after a really hectic week. Ugh! I’m so damn tired.

“Yah! SHIN CHEAKYEONG!  Have you forgotten about the theatre audition this evening?!” she looked at her with unbearable face. Uh-oh! This is not a good sign. But seriously, what audition?

Think Cheakyeong, think! Last week, I was happy about something; there is must be about something Shinyoung talking about. But really, I don’t remember about the auditon. What audition is she talking about?

Wait! The flyer that I saw in the elevator. what is was about? Think Cheakyeong think!

“Is this about the theatre audition for our department play?”

“Goshh! SHIN CHEAKYEONG! Why are you stupid?! Do you know how much you need to enter this play? Do you really want get kick out of this college?”

There you go! My grandmothers’ spirit has entered my roommate. Ughh! When she starts nag, nothing can’t stop her. Even if I told her that I want to go somewhere, she will continue to nag at me when I come back! Ughh! She is totally unbearable.

Right now, all I have to so is, I just pretend that I heard she talking and nodded at all her statement.

“Heolmoni, I’m so sleepy, can you just continue nag at me when I wake up after this?”

“WHAT!? YAH! SHIN CHEAKYUNG! This is important to you. You should be ready for this play, and role! You need this. I tell you, you freakishly need to enter this play.”

“Heolmoni! Who is the best actress for last year theatre competition?”

“Ermmm... you?!”

“So?”

“But still, you have to get ready for this. I heard, there will be a lot of talented junior will join this audition. Do you still remember the girl from orientation week? The one who do the traditional dance?”

“Which one?”

“The one that almost strips on the stage?”

“Oh! That . I remember her. Why? Is she going to go to audition too?”

“I heard she will do the audition too.”

“Ugh! I hate that . FINE! I will prepare! But what am I going to do? I never prepared for audition. I just go, and do the audition, and automatically, I’ll be in the team.”

“Ughhh! Whatever you said SHIN CHEAKYEONG! I hope you will be successfully joining the team. You really need this play. You have to be the main actress for you to stay at this college, or else, you’ll be kicked out.”

“Nei heolmoni! I’ll remember that. Now, just let me sleep. I’m so tired!”

“FINE! Suit yourself.”

Shinyoung stands up, took her towel and went to the toilet. I close my eyes, and tried not to think about this evening audition, because it will make me worried so much, and there is a chance I can’t make it when I’m worried.

Actually this is my second year at Dangkook University as an architect student, and I really can’t believe it that I’m still alive and safe at this college. It is a compulsory for student to join any activity that organized by the college, for them to stay in the college. Because of I was not good in doing anything, so, last year, I decided to join theatre, which is I think, I’m good enough to play in this.

I never expected that I will join the actor team, and become the main actress for the play. And lucky me, I won the best actress for last year competition. Shinyoung on the other hand, my best friend, my roommate, (or maybe my soulmate too?) is an athlete, so, she doesn’t have to join any activity that is organized by the college. (huh! Lucky her right?) .

*****

 

“Okay, today, I want you guys to introduce yourself, and also, can you guys recite the script on page 36 to 48 in maybe for 30 minutes?” our instructor looked at all of us, who is might be the new project manager for this semester.

Last year, it was my senior become our project manager, maybe, because of her, I can join the team without so much difficult, and hardworking.

“Before that, my name is Choi SeungHyeon, and I’ll be your project manager for this semester. And this is my friend, who is will be the director for our play, Kwon Jiyoung, the one in red skinny jeans, just call him Ji-sunbaenim. He’s from theatre department, and we will borrow him for a while for this play. Dong Youngbea, the one in braided hair, also from theatre department and we will borrow him for a while. Youngbae-Sunbaenim will be here as assistant director, and almost of the time, he will be here. Well, I bet, some of you must be questioning why are you guys here for the audition even though, you guys is already join the team last year. Well, our director here, he is a perfectionist, so, he want to see you guys again and audition you guys again. Are you guys okay with that?” he asked all of us.

I didn’t know him, and I never met him. Maybe he is the one that my senior told me. He didn’t have a chance to join our play last year because he had an accident and have to stay at home for one semester. Well, from his appearance, not bad! Tall, not too skinny, and oh my, his husky voice! So ing y! My eyes keep following him, and I can’t stop smiling look at him. What the is happening to me?

I looked at the script and tried not to stare at him. Ugh! Why he need to be so handsome?

I realized, the script is from my play last year. Well, this is going to be easier for me. I recite it for a while and decide to take my last time role, because this will easier for me to act, and I still remember the script.

I looked around and there are 10 of us who going for auditioned today. I saw the girl that Shinyoung mentioned this afternoon. She’s not that bad, with 36C size (well, maybe it’s fake) that almost pop-out from her V-neck shirt. Ughh! Totally ! Well, girl, let me tell you, you’re not going to join this team with that look, or attitude. We’re not looking at the appearance. I know Ji-Sunbaenim and Youngbae-sunbaenim. Ugh! I hope they do not choose her. (Are they going to?).

“So, are you guys, ready to introduce yourself?”

All of just keep quiet and look blankly to SeungHyeon-sunbaenim.

“Well, I think you guys are ready. Shall we start from you, the one with red shirt?” he pointed at me and all people looked at me. I stand up and look into the Choi Seunghyeon eyes.

“Well, my name is ShinCheakyeong. I’m second year student, from architecture department. hmm. . .what else? Ah, I’m from Seoul. Thank you!” I give Choi SeungHyeon the sweetest smile and sit back the floor. (We are on the stage) .

The queue goes on and the night is going to be the longest night of my life.

*****

 

 

“So, how your auditioned?” Shinyoung asked me when I was about to close my eyes.

Seriously, what is wrong with this girl today? Keep bothering my sleep today? Ugh! She is totally bothersome to me today. I was about to get ready to end my day with a peaceful thought and don’t want to think about the auditioned.

“Fine” I answered her coldly.

“Really? Are you sure? Because, I sensed something hereee~~” she said that with a sing song voice.

Ugh! I hate that voice and her stupid radar-slash-whatsoever-slash-annoying. She always could sense something even I didn’t talk or tell anything to her. Even from miles away! Can you imagine, one day, she call me from her home, telling me, something is wrong with me on that day. What is she? Psychic? Ughh!

“Nothing happened! Let just go to sleep. I don’t want to think about it!” I cover my head with the duvet, hoping that she will stop interrogating me.

“See, something happened. Tell me!” ugh! So annoying!

“That ! She throws tantrum at me because she couldn’t pass the auditioned and she said, I don’t deserved the main role. Okay, by the way, I got the main role. What is this! Why she has to throw tantrum at me! It wasn’t me who decided to choose myself to become the main role. It just the director loves my acting from last year and he want to try myself to auditioned for the main role for this new script. We did two times auditioned, and SHE, already couldn’t pass the first one. Well, maybe the luck is on me that time, because we used the script from my last year play. And for the second auditioned her also want to try it, because it is a different script and even all of us don’t want her to try it, because she and her acting totally fake! Everyone could see it! She is so annoying!” I finish it in one breath, because I’m so furious with that ! She almost pulls my hair, but luckily, Choi SeungHyeon is there pull me away from that and become the barrier between me and her!

“Woaahh! Really? Shessshh! She’s really something. Who is she by the way? I just saw in her!” we laughed at her last statement, because I’m totally agree with it!

“Yeah! I agree with you. Let go to sleep, I don’t want to talk about it. I’m tired. Nite Shinyoung!” I closed my eyes and so do her.

But, my lips curve into smile thinking about my role, because the main role is CHOI SEUNG HYEON!  Yup! That freaking handsome, y, CHOI SEUNG HYEON! *nosebleed*

*****

 

We practiced the play every evening after class, and the whole weekend. Because of this is musical theatre, so we have to practice so hard because none of the actors or actresses in this play is a singer or dancer, except for the Choi SeungHyeon because he used to be in the musical theatre before this. It is really tired, and almost every night after the practice I’ll go straight to the bed without taking the shower.

At first Shinyougn didn’t stop nagging at me because of I didn’t hit the shower before bed, and just go to bed with sweaty clothes and sweaty body. But, recently, maybe she has saw me practicing and now, she is completely stop nagging at me, and just asking me to go to have shower in the morning and sometimes, she will brought me dinner or lunch on weekend. And this is why I love her so much.

Well, Choi SeungHyeon-sunbaenim. I was happy to be a main actress for this play and not to mention he is the main actor a.k.a my partner.

“Cheakyeong-ah, you’re my partner. I think it is the time we should drop the formal language for the sake of the play, and I think we will be more comfortable with that. You can call me oppa, starting now.” he looked into my eyes and gives me a sweetest smile to me.

We are taking half an hour break and we are at the corner of the stage.

“Really? Okayy, op,,oppa!”

 “Well, that’s much much better. I’m really waiting for you guys to drop the formal and using banmal!” suddenly the director come to us with Youngbea-sunbaenim followed him from behind.

“So, why you just not tell us?” Seunghyeon-oppa asked him.

“Because I want that feeling come naturally, and it will be more fun if you guys have feeling to each other.” I looked at him. I don’t understand what he is talking about right now.

“What do you mean?” I asked him innocently.

Those three guys suddenly laugh at my silly question.

“Why are you guys laughing at me? Seriously, I don’t understand what you are talking about.”

“Yah! Cheakyeong-ah, he wants us to be a real couple in real life.” SeungHyeon-oppa smiles at me and ruffles my hair.

“Oppa, my hair!” I whine at him, making all the people at the stage laugh at me. I don’t have any intention to make these people laugh at me or make some joke, but seriously, I don’t understand what they are talking about.

“You want us to be a real couple in real life, sunbaenim?” I asked him innocently, and looked at SeungHyeon-oppa.

“Aigoo, Cheakyeong –ah, how old are you actually?” he smirked.

“I’m 21 years old. I’m not a teenager anymore.”

“Aigoo~~ you’re so cute. Come on, let’s start practice again.” Ji-sunbaenim stands up, making Seunghyeon-oppa and Youngbae-sunbaenim to stand up as well. I just sit there for a while; try to process the phrase Ji-sunbeanim just said.

BECOME A REAL COUPLE IN REAL LIFE? Okay! That’s too strong for me. I just knew him and barely knew him. I still don’t know about his background, and where is he come from (maybe from outer space, because he’s too handsome, for sure, he’s not a human). Well, maybe I just can slowly stalking about him. Oh well, I’m pro at stalking people. *evil laugh*

Well, back to practice, meaning, more dancing, more singing. Ughh! I hate it! I hate to sing or dance. Never in my life I’m thinking to become a dancer or singer, AND, to become an actress. NEVER! I just doing this because I have too, or else, I’ll be kick out from this college.

Even though I think I in singing and dancing, but, Ji-sunbaenim and Youngbae-sunbeanim keep telling me that I good in both of it. Oh well, maybe, they telling the truth, because the glass and window still don’t broken and shattered yet.

This musical theatre is about a young girl, went to America to pursue her dream to become a successful singer and well-known singer in this world. When she at America she met a young male singer, who then become her mentor, and accidently they fall love.

This young singer is already at the peak of his career. He takes this young girl to become his trainee after he really amuse by her vocal, when he found this young girl singing in Youtube. At first, he just wants to train her to become a singer, but after a few month, he fall in love to this girl.

At first their relationship is really tough and complicated because of his popularity and she is still new in the industry. But without his knowing, the girl is actually came to America because of him. She is purposely make the boy knew about her and she wants to become a singer. She actually already loves the boy when she was still at her hometown. She wants to become a singer because she actually already falls in love with the guy and she really want to meet him.

But, after a few months, the girl passed away because of brain tumour and she didn’t tell the guy that she actually has a brain tumour. She already dying when she met the guy, buy she hide it from the guy, and just only let her manager know about it.

I took the role as the young dying girl why SeungHyeon-oppa took the role as that young male singer. Even though this musical theatre is too sad and cliché, but, at least I still can have fun with the crew and especially with Choi SeungHyeon-sunbaenim. Opss! SeungHyeon-oppa! *nosebleed*