That poor bastard

Happiness

"Sorry sir, your mother isn't home yet." 

Kim Jonghyun was tired. 

He was tired of not seeing his mom when he came back from school. He was tired of his maids following behind him. He was tired of his computer. He was sick and tired of everything. The only thing he wanted to do was to catch a glimpse of the people that lived across from them. Also known as "The filthy bastards." Jonghyun had always admired how the silhouettes of the two people-one male, one female- would whisper things to each other, giggle then lay back in bed as one long arm would extend to turn off the lights. He loved the way early in the morning, the boy would rise  and shake his sister from her sleep. Jonghyun never had someone shake him. He slept alone on a kind sized bed. He never really felt what love was. 

He had experienced love though, and he was experiencing it right now. 

He loved the boy who lived across him. 

The boy who turned out the lights, the boy who woke his sister up and the boy who whispered sweet nothingness to his sister every night. He loved him. 

He loved, Choi Minho. 

As for today, Jonghyun felt rebellious. So ignoring lectures from his butler, he stepped out. It was a cold December in Seoul and he shivered as he trudged down to the small building where the Chois lived. 

Luckily for Jonghyun, Minho was perched on the steps blowing warmth in to his hands. 

"Hi." Jonghyun greeted the young boy as he shot his head up. Fear overtook his eyes. 

"I'm Kim Jonghyun." The richer boy smiled warmly at him but the fear still froze in his eyes. 

"You must be Choi Minho." More and More fear. 

A pitiful silence passed by as Minho uttered some words. 

"Kim... Jonghyun. You... rich..." He blabbered on and on about useless things which included the words rich, I, you, and poor. 

He finally shut his mouth and looked down. He muttered some apology. 

Jonghyun smiled at the adorable sight of this boy and took his cold hands in to his mittened ones. 

"Minho, do you want to come over?" He smiled warmly at the boy again. Minho gaped. 

He nodded, after a while. 

Jonghyun dragged Minho's tall lanky body towards his house. Minho shivered as they got closer to the huge mansion. 

"Kim Jonghyun! Why did you-" Minho was greeted with about four women and a man dressed in a suit staring at them. 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and motioned the ladies to take his coat off. A lady came up to Minho as well. 

Minho yelped as he felt the lady's hands slowly his coat. She cocked her head, concerned from his yelp. 

"I-I can manage... by myself." Minho smiled wearily and took off his own coat. He politely thanked the lady who hung it on the wall for him. 

Jonghyun smiled at the confused boy and took him up. To his room, that is. 

"Whoa." A gasp came from Minho's lips as he looked around. It consisted of devices he had seen on their tiny TV and a enormous yet lonely-looking bed. 

Jonghyun could only smile widely as Minho went around being dazzled by the objects. 

"you hungry?" Jonghyun asked as he blasted some music from his speakers. Minho nodded as he bobbled his head to some music sung in a language he couldn't understand. 

He could only eye the elder boy go up to a phone. It looked like the phone in his house except without the numbers. 

The short boy picked up the phone and sneered in to the phone; japjae. Then he clunked the phone shut. 

Minho was confused, but amazed at the same time. He was jealous. He was jealous because at his house, there was only a crummy TV, a phone and a room he shared with his sister. On the other hand, Jonghyun had a big screen, a smaller one with letter buttons, a phone without a wire, a phone with a wire and a phone without numbers. It truly amazed him. 

As he inspected the black box with sounds coming out, a lady came in with food on the tray. It was japjae, what Jonghyun had "ordered" on the phone earlier.

Minho's eyes widened with shock. It must've been magic. How could Jonghyun's words though a number-less phone reach the kitchen? it was pure magic to Minho. 

As the two boys talked about simple things in life, Minho looked out. the first star had finally come out. 

"Jonghyun?" He used the elder's name as he looked at him. 

"Yeah?" They were in midst of giggling over a funny man doing tricks in a TV. 

"I-I kind of have to go home..." Minho uttered silently as Jonghyun smiled. "No problem." 

He shut the TV off with a remote and placed the bowl of popcorn-another item ordered though the phone- and left the room. 

Minho bed farewell to his "friend" as he tied his shoelaces. 

"Hey, come over sometime?" Jonghyun smiled cheekily. Minho looked down sadly. 

"What's wrong?" Jonghyun's smile fell. 

"Jonghyun, I don't know if I feel so happy at this place." Minho honestly whispered. Jonghyun could only say oh as Minho apologized quickly. 

As he saw the younger walk away from him, jonghyun desperately called out for him. 

"Maybe I'll come over tomorrow?" He furrowed his brows as Minho turned back. 

As he saw the taller boy's face light up, he smiled back. 

"Sure" was the reply he got before Minho ran in to his building. 

Jonghyun couldn't feel happier. He was friends. With Choi Minho. 

 

And he felt Happy.