The Beginning

❝Wanted❞

 

It was around the end of your lunch break that your phone rang.

Your phone vibrated from your coat’s pocket, and you pulled it out as you walked down a busy street. As you headed back towards the small café that you worked at, you glanced at the number and frowned.

It was your father.

You shoved the phone back into your pocket to ignore his call and went on like nothing happened.

You really wish you hadn’t.

 

-

 

“Hana! Hana! Wait for me, alright?”

The day had gone by surprisingly fast today, and I was just about done sweeping up. I worked at a café. A café meant that I got to smell the comforting smell of coffee being brewed and hear the happy sounds of people’s cups clinking on their plates. It was nice.

Today had been like every other, sort of. We were usually always busy, but everyone here liked working here and it was a calm atmosphere. I worked behind the counter, making coffee and having fun drawing little hearts and pandas on lattes. Then around 11 or 12 I had my lunch break.

My dad called then. He never called me anymore, and that was why I ignored the call. What did he want anyway? He knows I didn’t want to see him anymore. Tch.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a happy guy hopped in front of me. It was Baekhyun, one of the people that worked at the café and a pretty good friend. I’d only started working here a little while, but we were already friends and he always insisted walking me home at night since we closed the café together.

“You ready? I got the keys. Turn off the lights and we can go.” He said like he usually did.

“Alright, alright. I’m going.”

After we locked the doors, we headed down the street. This place seemed like a nice area to live in, but still Baekhyun always insisted walking me home so he would know I was safe. “Bad things happen at night, Hana. You could get hurt.” That’s what he would always say when I complained, and after smiling like he usually did I just let him. Oh, if only he knew.

I’d never tell him that if someone ever did try to hurt me, I could take them down in a matter of seconds, just like I was taught when I was little.

No, I’d never tell him that. I wouldn’t tell anyone.

We continued on our walk, taking in the cool night breeze. Dogs barked and you could hear cars drive by in rush that made you think that they really wanted to go home to sleep already.

“Hey,” Baekhyun said “You want to stop here for a drink? Today was busy and you look like something’s bothering you. A nice drink will help that, you know. Maybe some food too, if you want to buy it for me?”

He let out a small laugh and I gave him a look and a slap on the arm.

“You! First you offer me a drink and then you want me to pay? What kind of person are you, huh?”

There was a small convenience store on our way towards my apartment and we stopped there. A bell chimed when we stepped in and the old man that always worked during the night smiled at us. To me, he seemed almost cautious towards us but Baekhyun just smiled and waved.

We got our drinks and some snacks, and I still always got surprised when the man let us take our things for free. Baekhyun would always try and pay but the old man insisted that we just take our things.

After we thanked him, we left the store and I popped the top off of the juice I bought. I wasn’t too fond of drinking, and it was always something Baekhyun would tease me about. He started to call me weak and offer me a sip of the beer he got like always, but something caught my eye then.

A car parked on the opposite side of the street. One of the only ones there, and I had just happened to glance at it. It wasn’t the car, but actually the person inside. I looked at him, looked away, and looked at him again because I couldn’t believe it.

The man inside the car was an old friend of my father’s, another agent that I’d known since I was little. Seunghyun. I remembered him when my dad would train me in their headquarters’ facilities. I remembered he had helped my dad teach me certain fighting styles. I remembered him taking my father’s side when the accident happened.

He knew he saw me and he waved, but I just swallowed and looked away. What did he want? Was he on a job? Or was he looking for me? No, that wasn’t possible. Either way I ignored him and just pushed Baekhyun whenever he put his can up to my face.

“Hey.. Trying to get me drunk is not how you make friends, you know.” I told him and he backed off with an innocent smile.

We were only a few streets away from my apartment when I noticed him again. My father’s friend, Seunghyun. He hadn’t been on a job, because if he was he wouldn’t have been following us in his car. Anyone else wouldn’t have noticed, but I did and I scowled. What the hell does he want?

Baekhyun noticed something was up I guess because he asked me if I was okay, and I just faked a small smile and a nod. I was glad when he left it at that and we continued walking and I was glad that Baekhyun just idly chatted about work because I probably would have yelled in frustration.

What did Seunghyun think he was doing? Was he trying to get me to talk to my dad again? Not happening. It never would. Not as long as I was alive.

“Hana? Hey, Hana.” Baekhyun waved a hand in front of my face  and I blinked a few times, snapped out of my thoughts again. I hummed in acknowledgment and he looked at me for a moment before pointing in front of us and raising an eyebrow. “We’re here, Hana.”

Oh, we were? I looked at my apartment building and just laughed a little bit before nodding at him. “Ah, I guess we are. Thanks Baekhyun, for always walking me.” He was a nice guy and I felt bad that he walked me since there was no need and he lived to the right way of the shop, whereas I lived to the left.

Still he smiled and waved, telling me it was no problem and for me to sleep well. I waved too and watched him walk away a bit, smiling when looked back and made a funny face, before heading into the apartment building.

 

* * *

{ BAEKHYUN’S POV }

I walked down the street and around the corner, waited a few minutes in case Hana came back to ask for something before I dialed a number. The call lasted a moment or two, and I walked a little ways until a sleek, black car pulled up next to me. I tossed the can of beer and snack onto the street and got in the car. Chen was driving.

“You walk this girl home ever since she started working with you,” Chen said with his trademark jerky smile, and with the small banging in the trunk I could tell he was coming back from a job. “If you like her so much, just let me kidnap her for you and she’s yours.”

I rolled my eyes and just looked out the window with the faintest smile. “Shut up.”

 

* * *

{ YOUR POV }

I was opening the door to my apartment when I heard. The smallest of breathes, one that I heard right behind me, and the noise of someone’s leather jack stretching as it’s owners arm reached for me. That triggered all my warnings in my body. In less than a second I turned and grabbed the wrist reaching for me and pulled, twisting us and shoving the man into my room. A kick and the body was on the ground with me pinning him down.

Seunghyun.

I scoffed bitterly and got up off of him when he laughed. “I see you still have it in you.” He smirked, getting up and rubbing where I’d kicked him. I glared at him and didn’t wait to push him back towards the door.

“Who do you think you are following me in your car and sneaking behind me? Get out!”

He laughed and ran a hand through his black hair. “So you knew, then? Well that’s good.” His tone got serious then. “But really, Hana, it’s important that I talk to you right now. It’s - ”

I pushed him out of the door, never once calming my glare. “If it’s about my father, I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to hear anything you say actually so just go, okay? Leave me alone.” The door was almost closed when he stopped it with his foot. I scowled when he tried to come in again.

“It is about your father, Hana. And you really need to hear this because - ”

I told you I don’t want to - !”

He cut me off, and what he said made my body grow cold.

“Hana, your father is missing.”

 

-

 

Sooo that was the first chapter. What do you guys think so far? ^^; I won't post little notes like this all the time but right now I just want to say that any comments/help are appreciated! Subscriptions would be nice too, heh :b OH also I'm looking for anyone who's open for poster requests or whatever they're called, I need one for this story ;u;

Anyways, hope you liked my story so far!