KYUHYUN

SUPER JUNIOR FACTS

 

-When he was in college, there was a period when he ate a lot and became pretty chubby, but he went on a diet before debut and then he was as skinny as Hyukjae but after the accident he lost 20 kg!

-His family consists of his parents and an older sister and his father is the country’s Revision/Review Association Chairman. The whole family dotes on Kyu a lot, conversely, they are very strict towards his sister.

-When he was 16/17, he joined the Buddy Star Contest and he came in 3rd!!

-Because of the limited space they have in the hotel and he was the last to join Super Junior, he didn’t have a bed,I think he sleeps on the floor (like those you sees in drama) So once they went to KTR, he told the fans and within that 2 hours, the fans sent in messages saying that they want to buy him a bed so he can sleep comfortably, this made the manager shock. So they went to buy a bed the next day. Feeling proud of having a bed finally, he took pics of the bed and posted on the net! -The other members have told him before, Kangin, “You should listen to Hyung’s words!~~” when Kyu was in a ‘rebellious’ mode, lol!

-Apparently, Kyu didn’t suffer from pneumothorax directly from the accident, and when he was in his 3rd year of college, he had it before and went through an operation because of that, and the operating process made him suffer a lot

-kyuhyun mentioned in come to play that his hobby is not to listen to others

-He says that when he sleeps, he snores really loudly and he’ll even drool!~

- Because he wanted to cook ramen for the hyungs, but he added too much water, until it became too bland.. and that’s how the “Han Gang Ramen” became famous!

- He isn’t good at cooking, even when he tried to fry some ham, although under Kangin’s reminder, he added sesame oil instead of cooking oil XD

- He said that children always put their socks at their bed fronts on Christmas Eve to wait for Santa’s presents, but because he himself wanted a bigger present, so he hung his pants at the bed front instead (XDDD hahaa . Witty Kyuhyun.)

- Loves to play games, when he was schooling, he discussed games with his friends, and he even told them that he had no allowance so that he could stay at home to play games, instead of going out with them.

- Some of the games he plays are, “Thousand Years/Infinity Gaming (?)”, “Starcraft”, “Diablo” and recently, he’s been playing “Sudden Attack”…

- He especially loves gelato, and his favourite brand is Doublesice (?)

- His favourite movie is “The Big Swindle” , and he also likes “Jumong” as well as “Lovers in Paris”.

-Kyuhyun can always be his cheeky self.

-Being the youngest has prviliages.

-Kyuhyun’s witty.

-He think’s he’s innocent.

:)


-He loves StarCraft.

-Kyuhyun has a lot of nicknames. Some being… Bekyu, Bedkyu, Drakyu, Gamekyu, etc. -Kyuhyun always wins games against s. XD ( so he says. :]] )

-On april 19 2007, Kyuhyun was in an car accident. Leeteuk, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Managers, and Kyuhyun were in the car. Eunhyuk and Shindong’s injuries were not that serious. Leeteuk needed stitches. But Kyuhyun’s state was very serious. it’s said that Kyuhyun was mute for awhile because of the shock.

-Kyuhyun’s fellow members really care about him.

- “Jumong” has 81 episodes and it showed for 10 months, and Kyu followed it diligently! And since he has a soft spot for long, ancient historical dramas, he watched “Dae Jo Yeong” after that.

- He has a glib tongue which no one can beat! Even Kangin can’t handle him! LOL. (Off-screen, that is!)

-He is Christian.

-He has an older sister.

-He has a sister named Ahra who is 3 years older than him, who is currently studying abroad. During a Shim Shim Tapa radio broadcast in March 2009, apologized to his sister for being busy and not taking the time to talk to her when she calls him. Kyu has stated several times that Ahra loves him so much that she treats him like a son. Kyu’s nickname “Captain Cho” comes from Ahra. Ahra is friends with fellow SJ noonas Sora (Eunhyuk’s sister, Heejin (Heechul’s sister), and Inyoung (Leeteuk’s sister).

-Is right handed.

-Is a christian and has been singing for his church since he was a little kid.

-Is right-handed

-Is a Christian and has been singing for his church since he was a little kid. He has also recorded some Christmas carols for his church when he was about 8 years old in Korean age. His sister was also in the album. In addition, there are a few videos of him singing hymns at religious gatherings.

- Has confessed that he suffered a middle ear infection when he was younger thus his hearing on his left ear is impaired.

-Has a dimple just below the right corner of his mouth

-His bandmates said in an SS501 Youngstreet Radio guesting in 2006 that Kyu cooks tasteless ramen. However, both Kangin and Siwon have said that Kyu actually cooks well, but only when he makes the food for himself.

- He wears soft contacts lenses and can be seen wearing glasses in practices and some performances

- Is a modern music major

- Notorious for his witty and unforgiving replies to fans on MTV UFO.

- Loves to imitate other members’ voices. Pretty good at it too. There are YouTube videos of his imitations of Eunhyuk, Hankyung, and Ryeowook.

- Well-known for imitating singer Sung Si Kyung’s famous expression “Jal jayo.”

- So far he has sung in English, Chinese, a little Japanese and Spanish, and all with good pronunciations, even though he is not fluent on any of those languages. [See Language Saga]

- Is known by various nicknames [see nickname section] given to him by members, managers, and fans

- Been playing the clarinet since the 3rd year of middle school. Can play the piano. Would like to learn the saxophone because he thinks it sounds beautiful and can move people’s hearts. [Boys In City Season II photoshoot]

- Has said in a magazine interview that if there were an extra hour in the day, he would want to spend it in space [EasyMag 2008]

- Well-known for his fist-pumping-in-air and finger-pointing dance moves

- Owns a headphones necklace given to him by Yesung

- Went to the same high school as Jung Sun Hee (MTV’s Sunnyside)

- In high school, got into a fight with a friend because of borrowed money. He ended up breaking his friend’s nose and having his own tooth broken as a result [Sunnyside 11/16/06]

- Was a Math Olympiad grand prize winner in school [EHB Ep. 9]

- Likes the snow and is a good skier, snowboarder

- Likes sports such as football (soccer) and basketball

- Loves the beach and has, on more than one occasion, expressed his interest in going to Phukhet, Thailand

- On occasion, has been known to enjoy drinking wine with roommate, Sungmin.

- Joins Leeteuk, Sungmin, Donghae, and Kibum as the Suju members with blood type A

- Known for his less-than-stellar driving skills

- Has expressed a wish to go to Hollywood [Dream With Tablo radio – March 2009]

- Family has owned a very large college entrance preparation academy (hakwon) [MBC’s "Radio Star" 2009]

- Has been told by various MCs that he looks like actor Choi Sung Gook.

- Insists that his main hobby includes reading and that he usually does it in the dressing room before shows/appearances

-He loves playing online games (such as Starcraft) so much and is known for his exceptional gaming skills, so much so that he was nicknamed ‘GameKyu’ [see GameKyu Saga]. He expressed in radio interviews that if he wasn’t a singer, he’d like to be a professional gamer. He has said that gaming helps him relax. He is well-known for liking the game Star Craft, in particular.

- Was obsessed with the historical drama Jumong. And according to him in the 11th episode of Explorers of the Human Body, he loves watching other historical movies and dramas too.

- Admires Korean actresses Kim Tae Hee and Jun Ji Hyun.

- Was a fan of DBSK member Mickey Yoochun

- Sung Si Kyung and Lee Sok Ra are two of his favorite singers. Also mentioned Taiwanese singer A-mei as his favorite in one of his radio interviews.

- His favorite type of girl has long hair, big eyes, a pair of beautiful legs, and only cares about him

- His favorite colors are white, blue, and black

- His favorite foods are pork chops and seafood

- His favorite movies are &

- Favorite Chinese expressions: Wo Bu Hui Han Yu (I don’t speak Mandarin), Tai Bu Xiang Hua Le, and of course, Fuwuyuar (Waiter)

- Favorite Thai phrase: ‘Rak Na Dek Ngo’ (I love you silly baby)

- His favorite Super Junior song is ‘Believe’ from the first album, and whose lyrics were written by Heechul.

- His favorite song from the Second Album is ‘Disco Drive’, because of the melody.

- His favorite song from the SJM album is ‘Miracle’, he said it was because he wasn’t able to sing it on the first album because he hasn’t joined the group yet then.

- Favorite instrument is the clarinet [Boys In City Season II photoshoot]

- Mentioned on an episode of Star Golden Bell (May 09, 2009) that his favorite member of Shinhwa is Shin Hyesung because this sunbae was able to introduce Kyu to a lot of professional video gamers. Kyu later retracted this statement, in preference for Andy (another member of Shinhwa), who was in the studio at the time.