▌one | i'm your dork { ★ jeanie. }

{ p h i l o c a l y }

{ p h i l o c a l y } oneshot collection
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▌requested by -- ★ jeanie.
 ▌story title -- i'm your dork
▌written by -- kydan.
▌characters -- lee taeri & lee kiseop
▌genre -- romance / comedy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

In general, the airport was usually busy on most days, but on this certain sunday, it was unusually quiet. There were only a couple flights flying in and out and, of course, the normal bustling of luggage and footsteps; however, the usual yelling and crazy traffic was either invisible or not there at all.
 
And amidst the silence of this day at the airport, there stood a twenty year old male, holding a rolled up piece of paper in his arms. Others around him had to make their way around him with their bags dragging behind them. However, he didn't seem to notice as he kept his eyes locked on the terminal where, soon, she would walk out. So who was this girl that was keeping this boy waiting?
 
Her name was Lee Taeri. His name? Lee Kiseop. He had golden blonde with a hint of brown hair that was messily, but nicely, spiked up out of his flawless face. He had a casual look as he wore his black thin-rimmed glasses and a plain teal t-shirt and black jeans. While he knew that it was casual, it was presentable enough for his arriving girlfriend, who he hadn't seen in over a year.
 
About a year ago, Taeri had left him in Korea while she had gone to study abroad in the U.S. Her parents had wanted her to go, though she did not want to, herself, and had insisted on staying. Even her own twin brother, who wasn't going to the U.S. due to his success in another major, attempted to convince het to change her mind, but failed. And finally, Kiseop, though he knew he would miss her like crazy when she was gone, tried his luck in persuading the stubborn, yet semi-flexible, girl. And it worked.
Taeri had only planned to stay for a year, and luckily for Kiseop, that year was finally over. He smiled at the thought of his girlfriend coming home. He walked over to the nearest waiting chair and sat down as his memories began to flash back into his mind.
 
- Start Flashback -
 
"Do you know who left this note in my locker?" the young, 15-year old Taeri asked her best friend.
 
"Nope, sorry! What does it say?"
 
"Well, it tells me to go to the rooftop during lunch," Taeri read.
 
"Well, it's lunch; you better go."
 
Taeri nodded and bid farewell to her friend and made her way through the hallways to get to the staircase leading up to the rooftop. On her way there, she was grabbed by her arm in the middle of a crowd and pulled off to the side. "Where are you going, Ri?" It was her twin brother, Taemin. He was with his group of friends when he had seen her walking rather quickly through his area of "territory."
 
"Rooftop," she simply stated, trying to get away. It wasn't like she didn't like her brother or anything; they were actually pretty close. But at that moment, Taeri just wanted to get to the rooftop as quickly as she could to see what was up with that note.
 
"Waeyo?" Just as she was about to respond, one of Taemin's friends walked up behind him and noticed her presence.
 
"Hi Taeri!" Kibum, also known as Key, greeted with a grin. Soon after, his other friends, Jinki, Jonghyun and Minho, came up to say hello to her, too.
 
"Hey guys," Taeri nodded with a slight bow as well. "Min, I need to go. Let go, please."
 
"Not until you tell me why," Taemin's hand on her arm began to swing back and forth as if he was trying to act cute with his younger twin sister, who ended up bursting into laughter.
 
"Okay first, that doesn't work on me. And second, I need to meet someone, okay?" Taemin nodded and let her go easily as she ran off to make up for any lost time. She made her way towards the rooftop as earlier instructed. She slowly opened the door and stepped out. "Hello?" she whispered quietly, only to receive no response. That was when she noticed another note, like the first, fall from above, but when she looked up, there was nothing but the sky staring back at her. Taeri picked up the note, which told her to go to the flower bed where there was another note that told her to go back to the entrance door. When she picked the note off from the door, it instructed her to look up. And to her surprise, when she looked up, there he was, unlike the last time she looked up. It was Lee Kiseop, who sat on the top of the entrance box with his feet dangling over the edge. He shot her a smile and jumped down next to her.
 
"Hey."
 
"Hi!" she returned the greeting. She followed his hand as he pointed behind her, only to see a bouquet of flowers - roses to be exact - waiting for her on the bench. She gasped lightly and picked them up before she turned back to face the boy, who was now holding on to the string of a teal balloon that read, "Will you be my girlfriend, Lee Taeri?"
 
Taeri smiled and nodded as he handed the balloon to her and gave her a hug. "Thanks." Taeri looked up when she heard his voice.
 
"For what?"
 
"For saying yes," Kiseop smiled down at the girl in his arms.
 
Taeri laughed at his response. "Thank you, too." When Kiseop looked confused, she explained, "for asking."
-
"Haha! I beat you!" Kiseop danced around and cheered on his own for his victory.
 
"Yah! You know that I'm horrible at bowling. It's not fair," Taeri, now seventeen, complained as she crossed her arms. Kiseop grinned at his cute girlfriend and walker over to her, putting his arm around her shoulder.
 
"Alright, how about two out of three?" The girl paused to think about the offer before nodding in agreement. "Good, you're up first, Ri."
 
The boy watched as Taeri picked up her blue-green (teal, pretty much) bowling ball and walked up to the shiny, glossed lane. She swung her arm back and sent the ball rolling down the lane, crashing into four pins. When she rolled it again, she only managed to hit one more. As she turned around, a frown was clearly visible on her face.
 
"What's wrong, yeobo?" Kiseop tilted his head at her when she walked up to him.
 
"I hate this game," she continued to frown, despite her inner-joy that she just heard Kiseop call her "yeobo" for the first time in their two years of being together.
 
'It's not that bad," he patted her shoulder before going for his own turn, where he easily knocked down nine pins on the first roll and the last pin on the second, earning himself a spare.
 
"Easy for you to say," Taeri mumbled as she plopped down on a chair. "You're amazing at bowling!"
 
"Oh come on, yeobo," Kiseop sat next to her. "I'll help you." He stood up and held out his hand for his girlfriend to help her up. She eventually took his hand and followed him to pick up her teal bowling ball and walked over to the beginning of the lane. "You need to take note of where the want the ball to hit the pins and also how it tends to travel after it leaves your hand," he instructed as he stood behind her. "For example, when you throw, it tends to go to the left; so that means that you want to stand to the right so that the ball will knock down the middle pin from the right side." Taeri nodded as she listened carefully, but jumped in her place when she felt Kiseop's hand on hers as he helped guide her arm to swing the ball back and release it down the lane, knocking over all ten pins - a strike.
 
"Omo!" Taeri's eyes widened as the screen above the lanes played an animation as a confirmation for her strike. "I got a strike! Kiseop! I got a strike!" The girl continued to cheer as her boyfriend watched her with a smile on his face. Taeri, still ecstatic over her nearly-impossible achievement, ran up to Kiseop and tackled him, almost knocking him down in the process. "Thank you so much!" She looked up to his charming face, which was looking back at her. "I couldn't have done it without you, Seoppie!" Right after the words left , she quickly pulled away and covered with both hands.
 
"Seoppie?" Kiseop spoke up with a tilt of the head. "He looked at her newly pink face and grinned before pulling her back into his arms. "I like the sound of that." Taeri laughed. "But you know what I like to hear even more?" He paused for a dramatic effect. "I love you."
 
This made Taeri laugh once more. "My goodness, you're cheesy." Kiseop smiled when he heard this. "But I love you, too; your dorkiness included." Kiseop grinned for the nth time that day as he leaned his forehead against hers.
 
Just then, the lights in the bowling alley began to dim down for the night session, which was where the lights that ran down the sides of the lanes flashed on and off in different colors. They also played loud music that was pretty popular during that time as well. The moments of brightness when the lights flashed on nd off allowed Taeri just enough time to see the silent smirk on her boyfriend's face.
 
Speaking of the boyfriend, he took the advantage of the darkness and leaned in to close the space between him and the girl in front of him. He pressed his lips lightly against hers, creating the perfect moment and atmosphere. And within the next five seconds, it was ruined when Kiseop smiled between them, causing Taeri to pull away.
 
"What's so funny?" She tilted her head at him.
 
"Nothing funny," Kiseop shook his head. "Just happy to be with my yeobo."
 
Taeri laughed, once more, and lightly nudged him on the shoulder. "Seoppie, you're such a dork."
 
"I know," he showed his oh-so-beautiful smiled. "But I'm your dork."
 
- End of Flashback -
 
Kiseop didn't notice the smile form on his face as he was reminiscing on his old, but valuable, memories with his angel, aka Lee Taeri. Kiseop, now, was in his own world.
 
That was, until someone cleared their throat in front of him. "Excuse me, sir." It sounded like a girl's voice, but it was hard to tell if it was a girl due to the fact that they were wearing a cap. The person was wearing a loose teal t-shirt with near-black navy blue skinny jeans. "Have you seen my boyfriend anywhere?" She held her hand up just above her head. "He is about this tall and his hair looks like yours, but it's black. He's extremely handsom and isn't nearly as cool as he thinks he is. But he's a dork and I love him anyway."
 
Kiseop recognized the person's words and slowly lifted the cap off of the person's head, only to reveal the girl he had been waiting for.
 
"Yeobo!" He jumped up from his seat and pulled her into a tight embrace. "I missed being able to call you that in person."
Taeri smiled against his chest. "When did you dye your hair?"
 
"I haven't seen you in a year and that's the first thing you ask?" Kiseop laughed. "About two weeks ago; I felt like I needed some kind of change. When did you dye your hair?" He pointed to her now bleached-blonde hair.
 
"Same," she nodded. "But look! We match!" Kiseop pulled away to also take notice of their matching teal shirts and black (or almost black) jeans.
 
"Hm, what can I say?" He paused. "Those meant to be, think alike!"
 
Just like old times, Taeri shoved his shoulder, "You're a dork."
 
"But I'm your dork," he sang before he leaned in for his long awaited kiss after one near-miserable year without her. But suddenly, he pulled away and turned around to pick up his homemade poster that was rolled up on the chair. He unrolled it before turning back to face his confused, yet cute, girlfriend. "Welcome home, yeobo!" Kiseop read aloud what he had on the poster. Taeri smiled as he continued. "Even though you've been gone for a year, you have always been in my heart and mind, twentyfour-seven. Every love song on the radio reminded me of you and me and all the moments we spent together. Every couple in the malls, plazas or even restaurants brought back the memories of the dates we would go on almost everyday. Everything reminded me of you, up to your eyes, your smile, your laugh, your pout, and even that little shove that you always give me when you're embarassed or you thought I was dorky. But even with my flaws or the dorkiness that I have in me, you loved me for the way I was and I loved you for being you. And now that you're back, I hope that you still feel the same way that you felt a year ago, just like me. I hope that we can go on many more adventures together and make even more memories that will last us a lifetime. If this year apart from you has done anything for me, it is making me feel even more lucky to have someone as special as you to call mine. I love you, Lee Taeri."
 
Kiseop looked up at the girl as he finished reading. She was beginning to tear up as she covered her smiling mouth that had just let out a gasp about thirty seconds before. Taeri moved her hand away as she walked up and stood directly in front of Kiseop as she looked up at him and smiled before giving him a quick peck on the lips. "You're so cheesy, Seoppie. Why are you such a dork?"
 
"Because I'm your dork."
 
"I know. And I love you for that."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2011 © philocaly
http://philocaly.tumblr.com/
please comment after you've read your oneshot!