Breaking a nose - Broken barriers

Operation: STEAL LOVE


CHAPTER 2 - 

MISUNDERSTANDINGS



 

 

Authors POV

 

It was Monday morning at 6:30 am when Sarah's alarm clock alarmed her awake. She shot up on her bed; her hair dishevelled and gross-looking, and waited for another ring from the clock to strike to finally awaken her from the stirring sleep that she was feeling. Then ring. She finally woke up, ready to go to school and commence Operation: Steal Love. It was going to be a great day.

She stood up and left her room without any concerns of how Yun might see her and headed straight to the guest room where he was staying, indefinitely. When she arrived in front of his door she knocked three times, knock knock knock. Yet no response, so she knocked harder, six times but still nothing. Getting fed up, she burst inside, rage fuelled up and ready to go, and she was met with the only time where Yun was actually quiet and normal. Sarah stared for a few seconds to savour the feeling of being peaceful but the peacefulness didn't last long due to Yun finally stirring in his sleep. Taking the chance, Sarah jumped on the bed and yelled on top of her lungs: "Wake up sleeeeeeepy head! It's Monday! Wake up." She hits him with a pillow and repeatedly attacking his sleepy body.

"Yah! ! Wake up! We need to get to school early. Yun, wake up." She shook his sleepy body as he groaned and moaned on the bed.

Sarah got off his bed and stood beside it placing her hands on her hips. "Yun," she sighed, "I know you're awake, I saw you smiling. Now get up!"

Yun finally shot his eyes open and smiled at her. "Good morning to you too. I see you're looking overly cheerful today, mind telling me why?" Yun was now sitting cross legged on the bed facing Sarah.

"I'll tell you later, now go take a shower and meet me downstairs for breakfast," Sarah said, walking out of the room. "Also, you're welcome for breakfast."

Yun rolled his eyes and headed to the bathroom to have a wash. Sarah on the other hand went to the kitchen and started making pancakes since that was the only thing she could actually make. There were different types of pancakes that she could make like kimchee pancakes, potato pancakes and her specialty, butternut pumpkin pancakes. Apparently, it's delicious, according to Sarah and no one else.

After a few, Yun came down in his uniform with a giant smile on his face. He headed inside the kitchen and the smell of the pancakes quickly made his stomach monster growl. "Butternut squash pancakes. Yum-oh!" Yun said in glee as he sat on the island table.

Yun is actually the only person in the world that actually loves Sarah's cooking. Like no joke, he actually loves eating everything she makes even though everyone else gags at the first sight, first smell and first look. Apparently, according to Yun himself, her cooking is genius.

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

 

 

After breakfast, both of our third year high school students headed to school. Yun drove while Sarah nagged at how disgusting the inside of the car was, or how annoying the music Yun blared in the car. It was the usual.

"So are we set for the plan?" Sarah asked.

"Yes.... But..." Yun said.

Sarah turned to him and glared at him. "What is it? I told you the plan five million times yet you still have buts? What's the problem now?" she said.

"How do I befriend the most popular guy at school? We're not very close and I'm pretty sure he dislikes me after what happened in fifth grade." Yun sighed as he parked his car on the car park, his head hung low.

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember that time. He's not that kind of person. He's really nice and hot and...... hot and not to mention.. he's hot." Sarah swooned. Just thinking about Jongin got her all hot and stuffy. Yun grimaced and rolled his eyes.

"If I'm in his situation, I'm pretty sure I would remember the time when some kid accidentally breaks my nose. I can even remember the time when you kicked me in the face at third grade," Yun said.

Sarah sighed in frustration. "Just try at least. Give it your best Yunnie! Hwaiting!" Sarah said, the air but failed miserably when her hand collided with the roof car. She groaned and he snickered at her as she looked at him. He unenthusiastically fist pumped the air with a small smile. She opened the door and left, still rubbing her sore hands.

Yun left his car and locked it. He followed her inside the main building of the school and headed to his locker located near Sarah’s locker in the west wing of the building along the senior lockers.

As Yun approached his locker, Jongin was walking towards his direction. Thinking that it was the best time to start the plan, Yun waved at Jongin as they passed each other but he was met with a very, very different and shocking reaction from Jongin.

Jongin quickly reacted and jumped away from Yun as if he was the scariest creature in the whole world while covering his nose. Jongin ever so slowly stepped away from Yun who was then just stared at Jongin as if he was crazy. Jongin had one hand covering his nose and the other extended right in front of him like he was warning Yun to back off.

“Is anything wrong, Jongin-shii?” Yun asked, stepping forward towards Jongin. Jongin squeaked and moved one step back.

“You!” Jongin pointed at Yun. “You get away from me! I don’t want another nose job because of you!” Jongin was going to pee his pants.

The situation finally dawned on Yun, Jongin isn’t angry at him he was scared. He was scared of getting his nose broken by the same guy again. From that point Yun’s attitude towards Jongin practically turned 360. He immediately felt sorry for the guy. In hindsight, Yun actually haven’t apologised about the accident and he used it in his advantage.

“You still remember that?” Yun rubbed the back of his neck and laughed but Jongin still had his defensive stance, after all Yun was the person who broke his nose and he didn’t want to experience it again.

“Yes, I still bloody remember that! You broke my nose and I had to get a nose job when I was in fifth grade. You didn’t even apologise at all, jerk!” Jongin spat, still covering his nose.

“It was an accident, okay? I didn’t mean to push you and make you hit the pole then hit the ground and break your nose. It was an accident and I really am truly sorry about it.” Yun was so deeply sorry for what he done to Jongin that he was even thinking he should have broken his nose for repentance. He didn’t say it out loud though. He continued, “And I really think you’re amazing and I hope we can be friends.” Yun bowed and handed out his hand towards Jongin who flinched at the sudden movement.

“Really? You think I’m cool?” It was like Jongin’s terrified state vanished into thin air and happiness engulfed him. His eyes sparkled as he grabbed Yun’s hand and nodded at him. Yun was taken back a little but happy that his plan went very well than he hoped. “I always thought you were cool too but I was afraid that you disliked me because of what happened before but now we can be friends!”

Yun nodded and smiled. Their plan was working magnificently and he couldn’t wait to tell Sarah the great news. “We’re in the same home room, aren’t we?” Jongin asked. Yun nodded and said, “Yeah, we do.” Jongin had a giant smile appear on his face, it was beyond creepy.

“Do you want to go together? I’m supposed to meet Krystal but I made a new friend so… let’s go!”

“Of course, just let me get my stuff and I’ll be done,” Yun said. He walked to his locker and placed his bag inside and took out his stuff. Jongin waited for his new mate and when Yun finished, they headed towards their homeroom. When they got there Sarah was already on her seat chatting with friends and as soon as she saw the two together she couldn’t help but express her excitement with a squeal.

Jongin walked to his seat and Yun followed. Yun and Sarah had direct eye contact as soon as he entered the class. They were giving each other signals.

While both boys were chatting with each other, Sarah was thinking of ways to have Krystal in her good books. It wasn’t that they hated each other, they just didn’t talk and Sarah thought she was boring as nail. Sarah always had in mind why Jongin would go out with Krystal when she was the bomb.

The bell rang and Jongin and Yun bid their goodbyes. Yun sat on his seat next to Youngmi and they smiled at each other. Sarah leaned across to his desk and whispered, “Good job !” She patted him on the head and winked at him.

The only thing Sarah needed to do before going along with the plans was to befriend Krystal but she doesn’t know how to. The tables have turned for her. Yun has his objective done already and she hasn’t even done a thing. Stealing love might take a while but for now she could only ogle at the hotness called Kim Jongin.

 

 



 

Authors Note: That took a long time... I am so sorry for having you wait for so long. I was going to delete this but I can't. Yun is here and Lunafly just made a comeback and feels exploded. I hope you like it.