Those Three Words

Those Three Words

 

“You don’t believe love?”

He shrugged “I guess not”

“But, love is beautiful and wonderful, and it makes the world go round,” she said with a stupid smile on her face. “Besides, what do you call what couples feel for each other?”

He shrugged again “Hormones.”

She shoved him and stuck her tongue out, “You’re stupid.”

He let out a bitter laugh, “Yeah? And what exactly is love?”

“A state of happiness, comfort, relaxation, perfect harmony” She started swinging her arms about. “Kind of like two puzzle pieces fitting together perfectly. Love makes you feel like you can do whatever you want and actually be good at it. It makes you feel better, and you're happy and more caring and a whole lot more fun to be around.”

Jinki’s smile had faded. He was looking out at the sea as though the answer to his life laid there. Love, was a concept he never understood, and somewhere deep inside him, he was kind of afraid to find out.

“Ever since I was little no one had ever said they loved me. My mom was always busy at work. She was gone before I woke up and asleep before I come home.” He stopped walking and leaned up against the railings that divided the land from water. “She wouldn’t even notice if I ran away. And dad well,” he scoffed “dad left even before I had enough brain power to blink.”

Taeyeon looked sadly at him. They said people who smiled the most had the most problems, and Jinki was always smiling.

Except when he was with her. She use to think that he wasn’t very fond of her but as she got to know him, she found out that she was the only one he could trust. The only one to throw his worries and fears at. His problems. And that kind of made her feel special.

He kept talking, knowing that her thoughts wouldn’t interrupt his little rant.

“How am I supposed to know what it is, when no one has ever said it to me?” 

And that hurt her just as much as it hurt him.

Never hearing those three words? But that’s what parents are for, to love and cherish you, to tell you that you are the most important thing in there life, to tell you that they would rather die than to see you get hurt.

To say ‘I love you’.

 

Then she decided to prove to him that loved does exist. But she thought simple words wouldn’t cut it. So she made up her mind and did something she had wanted to do, ever since she laid eyes on the sweet smiling goof.

She grabbed his arm and spun him around. Before he could question her motives, he felt lips on his. They were soft and small, and tasted like cherries. At first he didn’t react. He couldn’t react. His brain shut down and left his body frozen. Then something clicked in place and he kissed her back. She slide her arms up his chest and rested them on his shoulders, And despite his chubby look, he was pretty built. He s his arms around her petite waist and there kiss got deeper. It was warm and sweet and it reminded him of spring, not that he was really thinking anything at the moment. Finally there need for air cleared there senses and they pulled apart.

They were still holding each other, there foreheads pressed together. They stood a while, gasping for air. No one said anything for a moment as the waves crashed against the dock and the sun gave them a little more warmth.

Taeyeon finally pulled back a little, but only enough to look him in the eyes.

 

She gave his nose a little kiss and said, “Sometimes you don’t have to say the words to know what it is.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100120150219AA5kAv4

This is where I got the definition of love. Though it really is hard to explain what love really is, this is the closest I could find. =]