Unknown Love

One Love


“Don’t you think it’s a little bit early for you to confess to her hyung?” Key said as he tried looking away from Jonghyun.

“But I really like her, I don’t want her to be taken away from me.” Key’s face was written with so many emotions, and they were different ones, moreover, maybe painful ones. 


“Maybe I should confess to her on her birthday? What do you think?” Jonghyun asked, hugging Key from behind who was like a bird struggling to get out of its cage.

Oh…” Key paused for a while, thinking what to say. 

“Why Key, don’t you think my idea isn’t nice?” He continued to hug him while putting his chin over Key’s left shoulder.

“Oh, nothing, well it’s up to you hyung. I better go now.” Key finally broke away from Jonghyun’s back hug and walked away from Jonghyun who still wanted to talk to him. Holding his hand, he asked. 

“Key, you’ll support whatever my decision is, right?” 

“Yes, hyung.” trying to fake a smile just for him. “Are you sure Key?” asking in disbelief, he held Key’s other hand.

“I’ll always will hyung.” He then hugged Key and smiled. 


It was the night before Halloween and Jonghyun couldn’t reach Key. “Please call again.” 
He couldn’t really sleep that night, he thought of Key that day and only him, not even this girl, Shin SeKyung. 

“What’s wrong with Key, why isn’t he picking up my phone calls?” Finally when it was about past 3 in the morning, he finally fell asleep. He opened his eyes and saw Key sleeping beside him, then he rubbed his eyes, wondering why he was there. He hugged Key and muttered something,

“Key, why weren’t you talking to me for almost 2 weeks? Were you mad for something?” Key slowly turned around and opened his eyes.

“Though we are always with each other you don’t talk to me, are you not feeling well?.” He asked him questions one after another, seemed like he was nagging. Key gave him a morning kiss on his forehead.

“I’m sorry hyung about that matter. I promise to always answer your calls from now on, hyung!” Key smiled, but the smile he saw was like full of pain. “I better go now hyung,” 

“But why were you here with me?”

“It’s because I care for you, hyung.” Key vanished like a wind after shutting the door, making Jonghyun confused. 

“Wait, Key!” But Key didn’t bother going back. 


Jonghyun waited for SeKyung, the girl that he promised to spend his time with for his whole life, at her house. Since it was her birthday, Jjong prepared a gift for her. “Happy Birthday!” Jjong shouted. SeKyung and him went to stroll, and Jjong finally confessed to her. “This is the best gift ever Jjong,” though it was Halloween, it was memorable for both of them. Under a street light, Jonghyun kissed her lightly and took her home after that. He never knew someone was there with them. 

After a week, Sekyung went to talk to Jjong, and was scared. He told him that she was feeling someone was with her every night, and it wouldn’t go away whatever she did. Jjong offered her to stay with him just for this night. “I’ll protect you, just like I promised you.” That night, he held her tight in his arms. For sure, she felt safe. He sat down on his couch, thinking why Key hasn’t talked to him for some time again. “He promised to pick up my phone calls, but he doesn’t talk much.” He thought things that might had made Key unusual these days. Suddenly, their picture frame fell, the picture of Key and Jjong. The picture frame Key had designed only for Jjong He came and picked it up, and looked at it for a while. He felt a cold breeze pass through him, but the window was closed. He felt someone had gone pass through him but then he looked around and saw no one. *knock*
He opened the door and he saw Key looking straight at his eyes. His face was all white, he looked pale. “Key ah, what are you doing here at this time of the night here? Didn’t you say you’ll have an overnight practice and manager-hyung will be with you?“

He made his way to the couch and dragged Jonghyun. He softly said, “For you, hyung.” Jjong was seriously confused. He tried asking questions but Key didn’t respond. Key tried holding his tears when it just burst out. 

“I’m sorry hyung. I never meant to leave you, hyung.”

“WHAT LEAVE? Tell me what’s happening Key!?” Jonghyun held Key’s shoulder and shook him off to go back to reality.

“Key, leave me where!?” He kept on asking him, but Key just cried.

“Key, you didn’t leave me, you’re still here.” Key fell onto Jonghyun’s chest still crying. Jonghyun slowly hugged him and decided to just let him lay on his chest since Key was still sobbing. Jjong fell asleep. Key had never felt his hyung’s warmth again after he met Se kyung. He missed their old times, just two of them, bonding with each other. He just let his mind rest and drifted off to sleep. Jjong was awakened by a mutter. 

“Sorry, hyung.” It was still blurry but for sure he did see Key. Then with a blink of an eye Key was gone. He opened his eyes again and he was on his couch, he saw Sekyung beside him. “Sk, why?”

“I saw him again, he won’t leave me.” 

“The ghost?”

“He always looks at me, it creeps me out, why am I seeing unusual things!?”


Every day, this person would visit them. He didn’t hurt them. But they felt really scared. They don’t know what will happen next. “I don’t know what to do now, he’d whisper to me and say something. I don’t wanna sleep again. I don’t wanna see a ghost again!” she cried once more, she didn’t know what to do. It was once night again. Sekyung got tired of crying and eventually fell asleep. Jjong went to their Manager-hyung’s house where Key decided to stay for the night, to check on him. *ring*
No one was opening the door, there were no lights and he just thought they were still not at home. He lost hope. 

“Hyung!” someone called out, it was Key.

He hugged Jjong as tight as he could, never wanting to let go. “Key, how have you been? Why were you saying you never meant to leave me? What were the things you were saying?”

“Hyung, my time is short. But I have to go in a little while already.” 

“To where? Is Manager-hyung calling you? No?”

“Always smile for me, good luck on your relationship with SeKyung noona. Best of luck to both of you, remember hyung, I’m always here….” He started stuttering, a tear came down on his cheeks. “always will be here for you hyung.” Key hugged him once more and looked at Jjong’s eyes.

“Saranhaeyo hyung,” Tears made way out of Key’s eyes. Jjong felt a heavy feeling about that. He put his hands on Key’s neck and his fingers wiped away Key’s tears. “You’ll still see me soon.” His lips lightly brushed on his hyung’s. 

Jjong was puzzled, confused a lot, not knowing what Key was talking about. Jjong held Key’s hands and hugged him back, he didn’t know why he couldn’t speak, the words that came out of his mouth were only “Saranghaeyo too Key..”
He left Jjong bewildered. Suddenly, Sk appeared out of nowhere, and was exhausted.
“Jjong, you have to know something. They told me, your friend Key, he’s already gone.” That struck him like a lightning. He felt his breathing got heavy, his heart was tearing apart. He can never see him again, no one can be there for him anymore…. 

One thing he thought, it was never SeKyung that fulfilled his happiness, but it was Key, the key that opened his heart. Though he knew it was wrong, it was love. 

“Key, you’re my one love. We shall meet soon.”

~~~~

A/N: I'm open to any opnions you think, so please do comment! It's also my first time writing a fic like this, hope you guys liked it! I'm debating whether to write an epilogue for this. We'll see soon! Thank you^^