The Darkest Day to Remember

The Darkest Day to Remember

Dara’ s POV

 

                It was a dark night...I was about to sleep when I heard my husband climbed upstairs. I pretended that I was asleep, wanting him to surprise me of his arrival. The last time I saw him was 3 months ago. He went to a business trip; far from home.

 

I wanted him to wake me with his kiss but instead, he walked straight to our closet; gathering all his things in a rush...I was confounded by his actions, confused; I walked straight to him asking, “Ji, dear? What are you doing?”

 

He was in distress when I asked him, and so I asked the same question again. But still he’s not answering back...He gazed at me; I know something is not right here. Then finally, he had spoken, “I’m leaving, I ‘m sorry”

 

                “Oh, I see. You got me worried, dear. Another business trip...” before I could continue, he shook his head, looking troubled. He said,

 

                “No, I am leaving. And this time, I’m not coming back.” He walked downstairs hurriedly.

 

 I shouted, “No! Please, no!”

 

 I was crying after him, trying to persuade him not to leave.

 

I took a hold of his arm, demanding for a reason.

 

 I could withstand the cold nights whenever he is at work for I know I could wait for him to come home. But leaving me with my children alone is unbearable.

 

I struggled hard enough to change his mind; I reach out for our family picture for him to see our innocent twins. “Jiyong, they need you. They’re still unaware of the dreadful things in the world. Rae Ki and Ha Jae, for God’s sake! Please don’t make our little angels suffer from your departure.” I sobbed, begging him.

 

But still he walked away. . .

 

 

It was a horrible nightmare; a terrible nightmare that made me wished to wake myself up... 

 

I went upstairs to see my little children. I found them awake and confused. They’re frightened, I know. And so I hugged both of them. Rae Ki fixed her little eyes at me. She could sense the trouble her dad made. My tears streamed down my face; suddenly, my little Ha Jae wiped them away. They smiled at me; these innocent faces gave me some strength.

 

 

                On the next day, I called my sister Park Bom on the phone, asking her a favour to look after my children. I decided to bring back my husband no matter where on Earth he is. I was firm with my words. And I left the moment my sister came.

 

 

                I started to look for him in his office, but then his colleagues told me that he resigned a month ago. These revelations murdered my mind with thoughts of confusion. Why? I asked myself.

 

 

Next, I went to his family. . .

 

 

It was clear to me that my In-Laws do not welcome me in their family. They made it clear to me years ago, on our wedding day. They did not even bother to come. But still, I am determined to look for my husband. Mrs. Kwon, my mother-in-law opened the door.

 

With a hard face, I asked for my husband. She frowned at me saying, “There’s NO KWON JIYONG IN OUR FAMILY!!”

 

 

He was neither in his office nor at his parents’ house. Where is he?!

 

 

I made a contact with his friends...Some dropped the line while some just don’t know where he is.

 

I was about to lose hope when my phone rings. When I answered the call, I heard the voice of my husband’s best friend. He told me that someone saw my husband in a city far from ours. I thanked him, then I said goodbye. I called my sister at home informing her about the news. I heard my little angel’s voice too.

 

And now I’m ready for my next destination, Paris!

 

 

I don’t know where to start looking for him when I arrived in Paris. So, I took a rest on a table & ordered for some nice warm coffee.

 

Then I saw a tall girl with brown hair searching for a place to sit. I told her to sit with me since I’m alone. She was a very nice lady; a very optimistic one. She said her name was AHN SOHEE. She told me a lot of stories in Paris & even helped me go around the city.

 

She became a friend of mine in an instant. I told her of my story. She told me not to lose hope for she had also experienced the same before.

 

 

She told me that she had this very loving boyfriend long ago. Her accident broke them apart. They were about to elope but suddenly, she was not able to come. She was accidentally shot on her way to their meeting place. It took her five years for her to finally find the guy. And now they’re together. Her story gave me more hope.

 

We part ways after then.

 

 

And I continued to look for my husband...

 

 

 

Then at last, I found him sitting on a park bench. He was surprised when he saw me. I said, “Let’s go home together”

 

He sighed & asked me to sit, “I can’t come w/ you Dara”

 

“But, why? How could you just leave me & our children bearing the pain of your disappearance?”

 

“I found her”

 

My forehead creased in confusion, so I asked “Found? Who?”

 

“My first love, the tragedy of my past reappeared. And now I’m not leaving her.”

 

“What? You told me that your heart was only for me. What’s this nonsense?!!”

 

“I’m sorry, I lied.” I slapped him & demanded for a name.

It smashed my heart when he uttered the name. The name that I never thought I would hear from his lips...

 

The name that killed my heart was the name I thought my friend,

 

 

 

 

AHN SOHEE…

 

 

It was the darkest day of my life...

 

                             Tears were constantly streaming down my face...

 

         I went home back to my angels, helpless...

 

                   I’m coming back empty handed.

 

                        Now, I’m asking myself, how would I tell them the cruel things that had happened between me and their father in a way that they could understand & not feel guilty about it...

 

 

T_T

end

______________________________________

This story's theme song :

You Were Mine Lyrics

by: Dixie Chicks

 

I can't find a reason to let go

Even though you've found a new love And she's what your dreams are made of
I can find a reason to hang on

What went wrong can be forgiven Without you it ain't worth livin' alone
Sometimes I wake up crying at night

And sometimes I scream out your name

What right does she have to take you away

When for so long you were mine
I took out all the pictures Of our wedding day

It was a time of love and laughter Happy ever after
But even those old pictures Have begun to fade

Please tell me she's not real

And that you're really coming home to stay
Sometimes I wake up crying at night

And sometimes I scream out your name

What right does she have to take your heart away

When for so long you were mine
I can give you two good reasons To show you love's not blind
He's two and she's four And you know they adore you

So how can I tell them You've changed your mind
Sometimes I wake up crying at night

And sometimes I scream out your name

What right does she have to take your heart away

When for so long you were mine
I remember when you were mine

 

*************************

Ouch! D*mn that hurts Ji!!

 

Don't ya think?

 

Feel free to comment....

 

LOVE,

 

~Crazy Author-nim C.Y.S~