O N E

Standing on these feet ... again.

25th December , Somewhere in Seoul.

Vincent was walking along the road , heading to the mart nearby . He walked into the grocery mart and looked around the mart .It had been 2 days since his brother's lost . His twin brother , Kevin died due to an incurable disease .

" I wonder if I'm able to celebrate Christmas with you this year. " Kevin , who was sitting on the bed said . " Hyung . " Vincent walked towards him and sat beside him , wrapping his arm on Kevin's shoulders. " You're going to survive . Be strong ! " He said and did a fist pump . Vincent just came back from his studies in America and when he arrived in Korea , he got a news about his twin brother was admitted into the hospital .

Kevin smiled weakly and held Vincent's hand . " You're the best . "


Vincent looked through the snacks on the racks . He then saw his favourite snack and took it . He looked to his left and saw a girl in her wheelchair , trying to reach something . He walked towards her and took a pack of candies and gave it to her .

" You want this ? " He asked and flashed a smile when she took it " Thanks . " She said and looked up . Suddenly , her eyes widen . " Kevin ? What are you doing here ? " She asked . Vincent looked at her and blinked for a few times . ' Kevin ? '

" Hyung ! Don't leave me ! I don't know who is she . What is her name ? " Vincent asked in panicked. Kevin smiled and said , " Jia .. Meng Jia . "

Vincent looked down to her fingers and found a ring on it. ' So this is hyung's fiancee.Does she know that Kevin hyung is dead ? Should I tell her ?' Vincent thought , ' but she will be sad if I did. I will just pretend to be Kevin hyung and tell her when the right time comes .' He nodded at his thoughts.

" I-I was looking for my favourite snack of course. " He replied and smiled .

" Ah I see .. " She grinned and tilted her head , " You look different Kevin-ah . " She said , suspicious of Vincent's face.

" D-different ? How is that ? "

" You looks ... younger . " She said and chuckled . " It can't be . You're getting older anyway . " She grinned . Vincent laughed a bit ." You're right. "
 



" Kevin .. " Jia called out as Vincent pushed her wheelchair . " Yes ? " He spoke out as they went out from the mart . " Why you didn't answer my call last night ? " She asked , looking into Vincent eyes.  Vincent stopped his steps for a while .

" Umm well ... I was ..busy last night . " He lied to her . He and his family were busy with Kevin's funeral and he didn't notice Kevin's phone anywhere.

" But you should at least send me a text back . " She said in a sulking tone . Vincent looked at her in guilty . He went to her side and kneel on one knee while holding her hand . " I'm sorry , okay ? " He said and smiled . Jia looked at him and puffed her cheeks . Vincent put up his hand and said , " I promise . "

Jia smiled and pinched his cheek . " You promised me . " She said and grinned . Vincent nodded and got up , pushing her wheelchair to his car.
 


The bell rang as he pushed the cafe's door . " Welcome to Enchanted Cafe , Kevin . " The friendly waiter greeted and looked at Jia . " Oh Jia ! What happened to you ? " The waiter asked while Vincent pushed her wheelchair to a table . " I involved in an accident remember ? " She said while looking at the waiter .


" Oh I'm sorry about that . How's your legs ? Are you still going to take part in the match ? " He asked continuously . Jia let out a sigh and shook her head . 

" I don't think so , Hoon . I've decided that I'm going to retire from my career . " She said . Vincent looked at her when she said the word retire.

" Vincent .. " Kevin called out . Vincent looked at him and tilted his head . " Yes , hyung ? What is it ? " He asked . Kevin put off the ring on his finger and took Vincent's hand . He put the ring on his palm . " H-hyung , what is this ? " Vincent asked as he was confused with the ring .

" It's my engagement ring . " Vincent widen his eyes . " You're engaged ? " He asked , still shocked . Kevin nodded . " My fiancee is a famous ice-skater you know ? " He boasted and chuckled . Vincent grinned at him . " You're still the same . A boaster. " He said and Kevin smacked his head. " Respect your brother young man . " He said .

" Psh , we're just 5 seconds apart . " Vincent said , teasing him . Kevin giggled and looked at him . " Vincent , since my fiancee is an ice-skater ... Can you please .. don't let her retire  from  her career ? " Kevin wished . Vincent looked at him and Kevin held his hand tight . " Please . " He begged and Vincent let out a sigh . He nodded . " Arasso ."

" Don't ! " Vincent protested Jia's decision . Jia looked at him in shock . " What's wrong with you ? " She asked . Vincent looked at her , " Don't retire from your career please . " He begged . " B-but my legs .... "

" They'll recover right ? " Vincent said and smiled calmly . Jia stared at him and nodded slowly .

" You're right . I shouldn't stop from my career . Ice-skating is my life . " Jia said and smiled . She then looked at Hoon and nodded , " I'll still continue my career as an ice-skater. " She said and Hoon grinned . " That's the spirit ! " Hoon said and took out his notepad . " So , what do you want to eat ? Like usual ? "  He asked and they bursted out laughing .