2.

Hiatus Love Is My Drug
Please log in to read the full chapter

Finding the field wasn’t that hard. The town was basically made out of small wooden houses in different colors following the roads. There was one large road going through the town where shops and cafés were placed. I just had to follow that road to see the field. It wasn’t that large, probably as big as a football field. A Paris wheel had been constructed in the middle of the field and was surrounded by game booths. On the other side of the field people were working on getting another attraction up.

I walked around on that field for a good hour without anyone knowing who this joker was. The reaction I got from most people was a terrified expression before they shook their heads and left quickly. I hadn’t even met this guy but I already made up my mind about him, he was definitely not funny. I started picturing that he looked like the bad guy from batman.

I spotted a rather short guy further away from me. He looked like a nice guy so I decided to ask him about this Joker guy.

“Hey” I smiled catching the guy’s attention, who smiled in return.

“Yes?”

“Do you happen to know a guy named The Joker?” I crossed my fingers behind my back.

“Yeah, we’re buddies”

“Really?” I chimed “Do you know where I can find him?”

“I’m afraid you just missed him” the guy looked genuinely sorry for me.

“Crap”

“Can I ask what you want with him?”

“Well, I’m working at the hospital and they told me that this Joker, who I don’t find funny at all-” the guy smiled at my comment “was the guy to talk to”

“Oh you’re the new intern” the guy pointed at me and smiled.

“Yeah” I slowly said.

“I’m Yoseob, roommate with the Joker”

“Oh that’s great! I’m Doctor Eunji”

“It’s very nice to meet you doctor” Yoseob laughed. “You know, if you want to I can show you your place”

“That would be great!” I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders.

“Good! I just have to get my jacket, stay right here!”

 

On the way to where I would be staying Yoseob told me why I could live in the house for free.

“The owner of the hospital is also the owner of three houses. My and the Joker’s, the doctor’s and now yours. Since the doctor is really busy the Joker takes care of everything that has to do with the houses” I nodded my head “The three houses that are connected to each other” I gave Yoseob a confused look. “meaning that you share the electricity”.

“Meaning?”

“Don’t use your curling iron while anyone else uses theirs” Yoseob joked, I let out a small laugh.

 

“We’re here”

In front of us were a small cottage surrounded by trees. The number 3 was written on the wall of the house. Yoseob took out a key from his pocket as we approached the door.

“You wanna

Please log in to read the full chapter