1.

Hiatus Love Is My Drug
Please log in to read the full chapter

New job. New town. New people. It should be my new start.

I’ve been studying at a medical school in Seoul for three years and now I’m on my way to a small town called Gurim. Apparently they have a hospital there that my teacher has sent me to. He thinks it will do me good to have my internship there.

So here I am sitting on a train on my way to my new home for six months. I have no idea where I’m going to live or how I’m going to make new friends. All I know is the address of the hospital.

“Next stop Gurim” the loudspeaker blurted out.

Here we go” I said to myself as I put down my journal in my purse. I rose from my seat, walking to get my suitcase. As I stepped off the train I was greeted by an empty platform.

“This is just great”

I dragged my suitcase to the only bus stop I could see. I read the board saying that only one bus stops here.

“Hey! You won’t be getting anywhere with that bus!” I turned my head to see a guy with pushed back black hair sitting in a truck. He had black ray bans and on arm resting on the rolled down window.

“And why is that?” I turned to face him.

“There’s only one bus that you can take you to town and that bus just left”

“So I’ll just take the next one” I said turning back to the board.

“There’s no next one” the guy chuckled.

“What did you say?” I turned back to him.

“The bus only comes here once a day”

“Crap” I swore “In which direction should I go?”

The guy lifted his arm, pointing to my right.

“Thanks” I said before walking in the direction the guy had pointed at.

 

 

The road I was walking on wasn’t even a real road. It was made out of gravel, nothing I was used to. If I had known I wouldn’t have worn my high heels today. They were sinking down, making it hard for me to walk straight. I heard a car approaching from behind me so I started walking at the very end of the road so it could pass. As it was right next to me the car slowed down.

“Do you want a ride?”

I looked up to see the guy from the bus stop.

“No” I said as I slightly lost balance but luckily didn’t fall over.

“Why not?”

“I don’t know you. For all I know you could be a serial killer waiting for someone you can chop up”

“Is it better to be eaten by a bear?” the guy laughed. I stopped walking so the guy had to hit the brakes quickly.

“What did you just say?” I stuttered. The guy leaned out of the car window.

“I was joking” the guy smiled.

“Oh okay” I awkwardly coughed.

“Come on. Let me give you a ride” the guy almost begged me.

“Okay but just so you know, I’ve been taking karate lessons since I was like 5”

The guy stepped out of the car.

“I can put your suitcase in the trunk” the guy reached for my bag.

“I can do it myself!” I grabbed the suitcase before he could.

“Whatever you say” the guy held up his arms in defense.

I

Please log in to read the full chapter