The Wizard Part 2

Royal Fugitive

PEEP—PEEP—PEEP  

 

It's a breezy morning when Luhan, a tiny fairy sparkling in gold, was flying beneath the trees. With two pairs of little flapping wings, he flew down from the North Mountain to the South Forest.  He did not care about how messy his gold fluffy hair was after being blown in the wind or how the dust intruded his large eyes; all of his concerned was only to find Prince Sehun and the missing royal crown.

 

 PEEP—PEEP—

 

Luhan raced at high speed to the point that he could defeat an eagle in flight. Unfortunately, his over speeding flight was not accompanied by a good flying accuracy; he skewed to the left, skewed to the right, zigzag, and whirligig. He had bumped a beehive once, hit a spider nest twice, being chased by birds three times, and lost count on how much he had been caught in between tree branches.

 

Exhausted? Of course he was. It’s his first attempt to cover a great distance by flying in two days with no rest; an amulet on his neck was getting lusterless and his wings got stiff. Not to mention the further he went to the South, the hotter the weather; he had sweat poured out like a waterfall. Only with loyalty and great affection for his Prince, he could get survive this far. But weariness was not the main cause why his flying style was more like a mosquito getting sprayed by an insecticide rather than a fairy;

 

PEEP—PEEP—PEEP

 

It's because of Luhan paying all of his attention to a small crystal orb on his hand while flying.

 

It's not an ordinary orb; it's a GPS tracking device.

 

As a fairy, Luhan was weird unique. He seldom did magic; he just liked to fly. But, he was the cleverest fairy the North Empire ever had. That’s why the wizard king assigned him as Sehun’s bodyguard; a smart fairy for a formidable wizard (of course after Sehun’s lisp was gone). They could’ve been a deadly duo if they wanted. But since Sehun would rather has Luhan as his animal translator than to be his counselor, the fairy's intelligence was sometimes useless. So don’t be surprised if you came to Luhan’s house and saw a lot of tools you’ve never met in the 21st century, like an automatic scratcher or a nose picking tool; that's Sehun who had ordered him to create them.

 

It’s Luhan, who had been deserved in keeping the North Empire impenetrable from intruders, who often want to kidnap Sehun. He also had a radio transmitter inserted in the royal crown just in case it’s stolen. But who would’ve thought that the crown and the Prince were gone together? Because of it, Luhan took the main responsibility to find them again.

 

PEEP—PEEP.

 

The crystal ball on his hand kept emitting a high pitch. There was a black dot blinking at the crystal ball, a signal for the object he sought, while the blinking white dot was a transmitter on him. For the last one hour, everything was okay; the white dot seemed approaching the black dot, which meant Sehun’s and the royal Crown’s location were no longer far from him.

 

“Come on—Sehun. Please don’t go anywhere until I reach your place.” Luhan bit his lower lip full of hope. The black dot he was monitoring to have been unmoving for more than one hour. Luhan was afraid if Sehun was hurt or fainted on the way. In the midst of his seriousness in tracing out for Sehun’s position, all of a sudden the image on the crystal ball got blurry.

 

Oh no-no, please not now. Please not—” He pleaded as the crystal ball was getting dimmer.  And the device was totally going out. “—now.”

 

Arghhh!!!! Stupid Luhan!" He screamed at himself. "You should’ve equipped this device with a solar panel. You should’ve known a crystal ball with battery is a bad idea. You should’ve bla—bla—bla—

 

And now there was a ranting fairy in the middle of forest, one hand grabbing hair in desperation. He kept saying a contrition monologue while rocking and shaking up the crystal ball, hoping the signal would come back strong again. Sometimes violence worked on everything, but in this case it wouldn’t do as his device had been on relentlessly for two days. Its batteries had completely run out by now.

 

“Ah, forget it. It’s no use.” With a sigh, Luhan bounced up the crystal ball on his palm and it magically flew by itself into his bag. "Maybe screaming is worth to try." The tiny flying fairy inhaled a deep breath and started his screaming.

 

“Prince Sehun! Where are you?” He shouted out, but no one answered him. "Prince Sehun!!" He called that a screaming? In fact, his voice was even softer than a whisper. "Okay, maybe I haven't put all of my effort." He shrugged defensively as if he knew what I said just now. Luhan put both his palms next to mouth, hoping his voice could be louder this time.

 

“PRINCE SEHUN WHERE ARE YOU? ANSWER ME IF YOU HEAR ME? PRIN-” His rough screaming stopped right there as what he had as answers were only a dog barking and a cat mewing.

 

Aish! Shooshoo! Go away you animal with four legs—I didn’t call you. And you too a fish thief, don’t look at me like that. Shoo!” Luhan chased away the animals gathering under him by throwing anything his hand could reach like leaves, small branches, and somehow it worked. He should have remembered that in a fairy form his 40.000 Hz voice only could be heard by dogs and cats; He needed to transform into human first otherwise human couldn’t hear him.

 

"Oh, I hate this." Luhan sighed to himself. "I think I have no choice but shape shift into a mortal." he pumped both of his fists and made a dramatic nod. Luhan landed his feet on the ground surface and started to chant a spell. Soon, fluffy light covered up his body; his tiny wings were gone, and his body grew bigger. A tiny fairy Luhan disappear, and now he was a human with six feet in height that was looked handsome and beautiful at the same time. “YOSH! Let's find Sehun!” 

 

“SEHUN! SEHUN ANSWER ME! SEHUNN!” Luhan screamed again; in manly voice this tme. He could've looked more handsome if only he wasn't that splashy. It’s only a few steps as he used his feet for walking before his feet stepped on something. " PRINCE SE—Hwoaa"

 

Thud!

Luhan successfully fell headfirst, hands stretching out forward and face embedding 1 cm in the ground.

 

“What the heaven!! Who threw garbage here? Uhh, my poor precious feet.” Luhan winced in pain after yelling out an unusual curse. His forehead got scratched and dry leaves shoved up his nose hole.  Luhan immediately turned to his leg, wanting to know the object that had made him tripped. He was taken by surprise when finding out that the object causing him tripped was not garbage.

 

“Oh god. A mortal?”

 

A big and lanky human, who somehow Luhan couldn’t see it a while ago, was laying helplessly. He fainted on the ground, hand clutching his left stomach; he had a bleeding wound. Luhan thought if human had a bad habit in throwing a dead body in the forest, but since that human’s fingers were still moving Luhan realized that man hadn't die yet.

 

Hey, mortal! A-are you okay?” Luhan was so worried, not realizing he had asked a stupid question. At the moment he forgot about finding Sehun when seeing the poor man’s lips are getting pale. He shook the man’s body by his shoulder but no answer from him. Luhan immediately pressed his ear to the man's chest; his heart was still beating, even though weak.

 

"He could still be saved." Luhan thought.

 

“Hang a second, mortal. Don’t die in front of me.” Luhan immediately stirred his bag, hoping could find anything to stop his blood; he practically threw his belongings on the air. Fairy dust, underwear, fake fairy wand; but he couldn't find any medicine. Finally at the bottom of the bag, he found a crystal bottle that filled up with red solution.

 

Elixir. A mild multi-purpose medicine.

 

Luhan pushed the man's hand aside before ripping his cloth to expose the wound. He cringed at the sight; a deep wound about an inch in width crossed his stomach. Without wasting time, Luhan poured all of the solution out on him and pressed it with his hands. It's been two minutes after Luhan applied the medicine; the wound should've stopped bleeding right now, but somehow it didn't.

 

“Darn. He must be poisoned.” Luhan sounded a bit desperate; he knew that a poisoned wound couldn't be cured easily. The only way to help him out was either with an elixir optima or be cured by a healer. But taking a second thought, how could Luhan find any merchant or healer in the middle of forest?

 

"Mortal, I'm so sorry. I can not help much."

 

He smiled sadly at the poor man while rubbing his forehead; his chest suffocated with guilt. With that Luhan stood up, intending to leave the man alone in agony. But when Luhan turned around to move away, his feet unmoved as if something halted his pace. Suddenly he thought about Sehun, his lovely Prince. What if Sehun was the one in that man position? Would there anybody help him? Or he would be left dying alone? His palms balled into tight fists at the thought.

 

No. Luhan was not a heartless creature.

His hand found its way to clutch an amulet on his neck; it's getting dimmer. His Prince could wait, but this man only had him as his last chance to life. No matter how, Luhan had to help that man; even though it meant he need to expense all of his magic power. Luhan took a several steps back from the man, making a space for himself. He closed his eyes and started to chant a spell.

 

"WARP PORTAL!"

Directly, a big magic sign along with swirling wind appeared from under the fainted man. 

"TELEPORT HIM TO THE NEAREST GREAT HEALER!" Luhan commanded the portal magic he made, and in a blink, that man was gone at his sight. Luhan fell on to the ground as his amulet went off. Eventually his body shifted into a small fairy. His eyelids grew heavier and he couldn't resist anymore the urge to sleep.

 

"Take care yourself." Luhan whispered weakly, "Sehun."

 

***

[A/N]: Whoaa finally Luhan appeared! umm, Luhan could't use his own power to teleport himself, the same like Yixing couldn't cure his own wound. Anyway, thanks for reading, leaving comment, upvoting, and subscribing. I felt so stressed these days, that's why I updated this story--it's my stress reliever (?) hehe.