What Cancer Does To A Person

A Maid Is Meant To Please Her Master

 

“It’s stomach cancer. He needs surgery in order to survive.” The doctor repeated for a third time. How was this possible? My adopted brother, Lee Donghae was probably the healthiest person I knew. It wasn't possible for him to have…cancer.

“H-how much is surgery?” I asked warily. I didn’t need to know the answer to know that any amount would have been too much for us to pay.

“I’d say around 500 thousand dollars for all the treatments, medication and preparations fees. Then any extra money depending on how long his hospital stay is after the surgery.” I felt my heart drop. There was no way me and Donghae could get $500,000 PLUS the hospital stay fee! I felt sick to my stomach.

“H-how much time d-does he have f-for the surgery to take place?” If it was a few months before he needed surgery, I would probably be able to somehow manage to get the money, even if it meant stealing.

“We’re estimation this month. If it’s any later, then-and I’m going to give you the whole truth-he has absolutely no chance of living anymore than a year.” No. NO. NO! Donghae was my only family, even if we weren’t blood related. And a year wasn’t even close to enough. We promised each other we’d live together forever! Never let anything come between us…

-----------------------

I hung my head low and walked out of the small office. Donghae was waiting for me right outside. Seeing as his expression was glum, he had probably heard everything. “Cancer, eh?” Donghae bitterly laughed. “I guess it is true; there's no hope.”

“Don’t say that!” Even though deep inside I had to agree. “If you just get surgery…”

“Let’s be honest with each other, Jiyeon. How the hell are we going to be able to get 500,000 dollars within the next month?! It’s…hopeless.” Never had I seen his so low. All through his life he had been so optimistic and cheerful even through the hardest time. “We have to at least try and get the money. Even it means cheating people, lying, stealing…I-I’d do anything!” I exclaimed. And it was true. When it came to Donghae, I would do anything.

“Listen, Jiyeon, I’m really grateful for that, but I think I’ll just have to live for the moment, ya know? Live every day to it’s fullest, and start going to church so that I won’t go to hell.” Donghae half-smiled, and I couldn’t help but cry. A tear escaped my eyes, and as quickly as it came out, I wiped it away.

“Meet you at home! I’m going first!” Donghae walked away, with his back facing to me. He was probably crying. Even if he didn’t seem like it he was extremely sensitive, and I knew from now on he would never be the same again. I sighed, and stared at the door of the office where the doctor had told me the bad news. “I promise. I will let you live. Just wait Oppa, I’ll get the money.”

-----------------------

I gulped, as I walked into the club. I hated lying to Donghae, but I knew he would never let me out of the house again if I told him where I was really going. I told him I was going to the store, but I really was going to a club to get a job.

I slowly walked into the club, and first headed to the bathroom where I changed my clothes into a more ty outfit. I painted myself with dark makeup and self-consciously walked out of the bathroom. “Act professional…Professional.” I kept telling myself.

It was near evening so that club was just starting to open. I quickly made way to the managers office, ignoring the stares I got from both men and women. If I just worked here for a few weeks, I would be able to get about half the money for the surgery. Then, I could get the manager drunk or something, and I would be able to steal some money.

It was horrible of me to do, but as of now, it was the only thing I could do.

I entered the managers office.

Mistake.

I should have knocked because I saw a man in his middle ages, pressing a half girl against the wall, hands on her body. I quickly closed the door, acting as if I had not seen anything. A minute later, the girl walked out, clothed, and said, “He’s not really that big.” Before leaving. I had no idea what she meant.

Walking in, I tried to look as y as I could. “Hello~” I purred. The manager was checking me out, making me want to slap him for being such a ert. “I’m looking for a job at the moment. So. Any job openings?” The manager inched closer to me. “Oh, we’re always ready for job openings.” I nodded. Inside I was trembling, but I kept telling myself, For Donghae.

“S-so, when so I start?” I asked.

“Any, time, you’re, ready.” The manager told me, hands going into my pants.

“G-Great! I think I’ll start now!” I practically ran out of the room. If this was what it was like working in clubs, I could bet almost anything I would lose my ity within an hour. 

I walked over to the bar and looked at the bartender. “I’m the new employee here.” The bartender smirked at me, before saying, “So how’d you get the job? Wait, don’t answer that…show me~” How erted could these people get?! I just smiled and walked away. I began taking orders from the flirty players and es. 

-----------------------

first chapter! 

comments and subbies are loved! like any aff author, they keep me motivated! 

...but if you dnt want to them... i guess you don't have to. *sniffle* 

yes, fishy had cancer! *sniffle again*

ps. pray for japan! <3