Chapter One

SECOND LOVE

 

 
It is my graduation day. Finally, this is the last day of me being a high schooler and it is about the time to think about my future.
Last night, I had a big argument with my parents about the university I would continue my study.
I have decided some times ago that I would go to one of universities aboard. They said no at first, since they thought that I still couldn't live all by my self. But, I insisted to go no matter what. I have my own reason. Luckily, my older brother, Heechul, helped me to convince my parents to let me do what I really want. This is a phase that I want to do the right thing with my own life. Heechul is the one and only best brother I have. He always supports me in everything, as long as it is positive.
 
And now, here I am. I am inside of a plane which will bring me to London. I know that this is my own decision, but still, I can't hide my sadness leaving my family. This will be my very first time to be separated from my my family. And it's in another side of world. But I have to do this. This is because of him. Someone whom I care and love with all my heart but breaking my heart in the same time. My brother knew about my reason that's why he supports me a hundred percent. I want to forget him. And why London? Well, thanks to my father who chose it for me because he has a sister there. Yeah, I have an imo there, her name is Kim Minjung. 
 
"Attention all Passengers, we are preparing for landing. Please fasten your seatbelts and put your tables in the upright position and thank you for flying with us."
 
It's been about ten hours I sit in this plane and I feel so bored. Finally I arrive here, in Heathrow Airport. I stand in the middle of crowd and try to find some clues where should I go. Oh God, I feel so nervous. This is the first time I step my feet in foreign country. Well, what should I do now? I keep questioning my self in my head. Then I see someone, a guy with Asian face, who I guess is waiting for someone out of my plane as well. I'm not really sure is he a Korean or not, but I don't care. I need to ask someone here. Hesitantly, I approach him and ask,
 
"Excuse me, do you know where the Alpenstreet is?"
 
"Shut your mouth up, you !"
 
I step backward hearing his answer. I can't believe someone can be that rude. I asked him gently but what did I get? A curse? After saying sorry, I leave him alone. Suddenly I doubt my decision to study in this country. I get a bad experience in my first day here. Then I search again and I see a big paper with my name on it. KIM YESUNG. That's my name. So, I approach that person. Well, he is a foreigner.
 
"Excuse me, are you looking for Kim Yesung?" I asked him
 
"Yes, are you Yesung?"
 
"Yes, it's me", I smiled at him
 
"Hwangyong-hamnida. Kevin imnida. I've been waiting for you for so long," he said
 
"You speak Korean? That's great." I was so happy that he actually really waited for me
 
"Ah, no, just a little bit. Okay, let's go home. Everybody is waiting for you."
 
I follow him to the parking lot in no time. And I just said yes when he told me to get on the car. An old car if I could say.
Along the trip to my aunt's house, we talk about everything. We have a nice conversation.
My aunt is actually married to a foreigner, Uncle Ronald.
And Kevin here is Uncle Ronald's younger brother. He is a nice guy. He is in his fourth year in College.
He is doing his final project now. I don't know why, but I feel comfortable talking to him although this is the first time we meet.
And it is my first time to speak English with the native as well. I guess I am doing good.
Eventhough my English is not really fluently, but it is okay, as long as we can understand each other.
I have met Uncle Ronald two or three times already. And the last time I met their family was three years ago.
They have a two-years-old baby boy whom I never met before. I can't wait to see my cousin.
Arriving at their house, they are actually waiting for me and give me big warm hugs to welcome me.
I am so happy to see them, Uncle Ronald, Aunt Minjung and Nicky the baby, he's so cuuuuuuteee....
They treat me well here. So I feel like home in no time.
And for Kevin, he's so gentle and caring. He is so different from the guy I met at the airport before.
The rude and impolite guy. Arrrgh, why do I suddenly remember about him. Sigh, I have no idea. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*First chapter. 
Is it a fail? (sigh)