CHAPTER ONE

Worthless

 

Alright, here we go. The first Chapter of my very first Fanfiction. Sorry to keep you waiting, I was nervous as hell, you know.
Well, I won't rambling any longer.

Enjoy~

***

As a reward for their hard work promoting their come back album SHERLOCK, SHINee got two days off. They were allowed to do whatever they pleased. The SHINee’s members decided to visit their family since they had been away for a very long time. But a particular member didn’t. The main rapper decided to stay at their dorm since his family was on a vacation abroad and he wanted to take a very long rest for his tired body.

It was a very quiet afternoon in the SHINee’s dorm except for the soft snores coming from Minho and Jonghyun’s shared room. The main rapper really enjoyed his sleeping time too much to even bid s goodbye. They left in the morning and didn’t bother to wake him up because they knew it would be useless. Key had prepared breakfast for Minho before he left, along with a note to preheat them up before eaten. While Jonghyun put a sticky note saying that Minho should at least wake up and take a bath (because he didn’t want to come back to the dorm filled with the awful smell).

Minho stirred; eyes fluttered open revealing the beautiful deep brown orbs. He groaned and stretched his body lazily, still refused to leave his beloved bed. He rolled to his stomach and was almost come to a deep slumber once more when suddenly his stomach growled, demanding to be filled. He whined when he realized he hadn’t eaten anything since last evening. Rolling back to his back, he decided that he had had enough sleep and sat up. He rubbed his face and made a move to leave his bedroom. Once outside, he contemplated to take a shower first or to fill his empty stomach. Somehow he couldn’t get rid the image of the nagging Key who scold him every time he had breakfast before taking a shower, so he decided to take a shower first before enjoying the breakfast (or more suitable called lunch, remembering the time he devoured it).

Minho sat on the couch in front of the TV, flicking trough the channel. Finding nothing decent to watch, he decided to give a call to Changmin only to frown several time later because his phone call was left unanswered. He sighed, “Changmin hyung must be very busy lately. I shouldn’t distract him. Pabo Minho.” He mumbled to himself. Suddenly his phone rang; he glanced to the number and brightened up immediately.

“Yeoboseyo.” He answered cheerfully.

The person in the other line chuckled.  “Well, hello to you too, Minho. Hey, did you call me earlier?”

“Yeah, I did. Was I disturbing you?” Minho asked apologetically.

“Well, you really disturbed me you know. I was in a meeting earlier.”

“I’m sorry....” Now Minho felt bad. See, I told you he would be busy. Minho scolded himself. “I didn’t know what’s got into me. I just .....” But Changmin cut him.

“I was in a meeting with a bunch of food you know, and I was able to order Yunho hyung around in my dream.”

“Mianhe~.....” He mumbled, head lowered “I... wait, meeting with a bunch of food? ChangMEANIE hyung! You tricked me! I was very guilty, you know.” Minho yelled trough the phone, pouting.

“Aigooo~ uri Minnie is sulking. Look, he’s pouting...” Changmin cooed.

“No I’m not! And stop calling me Minnie! It belongs to Taemin.” He complained.

Changmin laughed “But you’re Kyu-line’s Minnie. And don’t lie to me saying that you aren’t pouting, because I know you so well, Minnie~”

“....”

“Hey, Minnie. Are you really sulking now?”

“....”

“Oh! This is Daebak! Wait until those Shawols find it out that their so-called Flaming Charisma is actually a sulking king. Hahahahaha....” Changmin laughed hysterically from the other line.

“Hyung! It’s not funny!” Minho retorted.

“Okay okay, I’ll stop here. So quit sulking.”

“....”

“Hhhh... whatever, Minho. If you keep sulking, I’ll just hang up.”

“Hyung andwae! I’m not sulking. Don’t hang up~” Minho whined.

Changmin chuckled “See? Where did this Minnie go when he stood on the stage?” Changmin teased

“He was beaten by the Flaming Charisma Minho.” Minho answered playfully.

“You’re so weird, Minho. A composed and manly flaming charisma on stage but such a kid off stage.” Changmin commented.

“I had to maintain my image though. Being the innocent and cute one is Taemin’s role and being the manly and reliable one is mine. I can’t change it hyung, the company said so.”

“I know Minho, I know. Hey, why did you call anyway?” Changmin tried to change the subject.

“I’m bored~”

“Where are your members?”

“They went home. We got two days off and they visit their family, leaving me alone in this vacant dorm.” Minho complained.

“Why don’t you play with your PlayStation then?”Changmin asked.

“It’s no fun playing it alone.” Minho heard some rustling sound and mumbled conversation from the other line.

“Hyung?”

“....”

“Hyung, are you still there?” Another rustling sound.

“Yeah, sorry about that, Minho.”

“Who was that? What are you doing? Are you busy?” Minho asked.

“Well, actually I had a practice in five minutes. That was manager hyung, he remind me about it. But I can accompany you for awhile. I can come a little bit late.”

“You don’t have to do that, hyung. Just go, I don’t want you to get into trouble.” Minho answered sincerely.

“Are you sure?”

“Mhm... Just go.” Minho assured.

“Okay then, Bye...”

“Bye...” Then he hung up.

Minho sighed. Now, what should I do? He asked himself. He casted his eyes to their Award Corner. He smiled, remembering every single award they received since their debut. He recalled their hard work, their arguments, their tears and their endless exhaustion to get to the state they’re now.

SHAWOLS....

His eyes widened. Yeah, I can answer their UFO messages! He grinned, finally finding something to do. He rushed to his shared bedroom and pulled out his notebook. He read every single UFO messages and replied some questions from their fans. He smiled upon finding support messages directed to him and quickly replied it.

Suddenly he stumbled in a weird blog. He had no idea how he ended here. Out of curiosity, he clicked a post tagged by his name.

 

“He called himself a singer? He can’t even reach the high notes.”

“How could SM recruited him? He had no talents at all. I bet it was because of his appearance. But I don’t think he’s handsome though. Taemin is more good looking than him.”

“What’s his part in SHINee once more? Main rapper? Pfft... Key surely raps a lot better than him.”

“How did they call it flaming charisma? All he did was just squinting his eyes. If they want to talk about charisma, it surely belongs to Onew. He’s the leader after all.”

 

Minho’s eyes watered, his heart throbbed. He wanted to know what are those people say a bit more, but he couldn’t. His vision blurred by the tears that threatened to fall, his chest felt like being squeezed and he find it hard to breathe. No, he wasn’t angry. In fact he was devastated. Those are the questions he oftenly asked to himself. The company and his bandmates always assured him that he had talent, and it made him felt at ease. But now, upon reading those comments from their fans he felt that he really is useless. He shut his notebook and buried his face in his palms. His body shook violently from the rush of emotion, and his tears rolled down like an open faucet. How could he don’t realize that he’s nothing? How could he’s able to walk around proudly saying that he’s the member of SHINee while he has nothing to support his team? How could he say that he’s a singer while he even couldn’t reach the high notes?

Minho rushed to the bathroom, he felt disgusted by himself. He hunched on the toilet, emptied his stomach from the food he ate that afternoon. He flushed the toilet and suddenly had the urge to take a cold shower to calm his nerves.

They’re right. I can’t sing as well as Jonghyun-hyung. Taemin is more good looking than I do. Key also rap better than me, he’s even able to dance and sing. And Onew hyung, he’s... he’s perfect. Me? I can’t do anything. My voice is too deep, and I can’t even dance as well as Taemin. Four of them are perfect. Why do they need me anyway?

 

Onew’s POV

                “Why didn’t they tell me that they aren’t home? If they told me earlier, I didn’t have to travel that far to get home and I can take a rest like Minho. Aish, Appa is always like that.” Onew grumbled while riding the elevator to the floor their dorm located.

                He kept complaining while pressing the combination key to their dorm. I bet Minho’s still sleeping. He thought when he greeted with the sight of dark room. He flicked the lights on and rushed to his room to put down his luggage. He went to the kitchen to get some water and got surprised when he saw the empty table where Key had put some breakfast for Minho. I thought he won’t wake up ‘till tonight. Onew thought.

“Minho, I’m home.” He called. When he got no answer, he casted his eyes to the sink and saw the bowls had been washed. Well, at least he didn’t left out the dirty dishes or Key would be very pissed off. Now, I wonder where is he?

                His question was answered when he passed the bathroom and heard the shower running.

“Minho, are you there?” He knocked the door.

“....”

“Minho.” He tried once more. Hearing no answer, he felt uneasy. He tried to open the door and shocked that Minho didn’t lock it. He always locked the door. Why... Well, maybe that’s because nobody’s home. Onew tried to calm himself. He stepped to the bathroom. The sound of water splashing greeted his ears.

“Minho?” He called. He extended his hand to reach the shower curtain. With thumping heart, he yanked it open.

His eyes widened when he caught sight of Minho.

“Minho!”

 

**********************************************************************

That was pretty lame, wasn't it?

Comment please, and let me know your thougts.
^^