Healed

Heal My Heart

 

Please do not plagiarize, copy, nor claim this story yours.

Thanks.

 


 

OneShot

 

 

 

Lay had powers...

Healing powers, to be exact; he's not the only one with powers, though.

And what are healing powers?

They are used to restore; to set things right, repair, or cure any physical damages. But, it doesn't only heal the physical ones...

As well as the emotional damages…?

                                                                                                       



 "Laylay!!!" Eun Young hugged Lay from behind. To his surprise, he suddenly shivered and blushed from the sudden contact. "E-E-Eunnie..." Lay stuttered after Eun Young broke the skin ship, "W-Why are you here?" Lay was at his usual state. Frankly, Lay is very shy, even when he's around his friends. He sometimes can't talk straight, either because he's nervous or because he forgets what he's supposed to say or do. The words had already formulated inside his head, but he just can't speak it out and rather kept it inside.


 But aside from that, Lay is very helpful. Say the word, and he'll do it. "Please!" Eun Young clapped her hands and bowed 90 degrees in front of him, "Do me a favor?" 

 "Eh? What kind of favor?"

 "Well, uh..."

 Lay tilted his head. "Come on! How can I do it if you won't even tell it to me?!" Lay complained in such a cute manner. 

 "Could you please help me confess to Lu Han-ssi?!" Eun Young said it quickly and directly and bowed at Lay yet again. "Con... Fess?" Lay seemed confused with the word, though he's not stupid or anything... He just forgets the meaning of it. Yes, he's forgetful, but not too old to be that forgetful! "Eh?! You like Lu Han?!" Lay's jaw dropped. *You're so slow.* Eun Young mentally face-palmed; but she isn't unimpressed or anything, she actually liked this side of Lay. “Anyways, would you help me or not?” She placed her hands on her waist and started tapping her right foot with a pout plastered on her face. Lay sighed, “Fine…”

 “Yay!” Eun Young got overly excited, yet again, and yanked Lay to a really tight hug, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!” She kept on repeating. “Can’t… Breathe…” Lay gasped, “Oh! Sorry.” Eun Young let go of him as he kept on wheezing for air, “In what way… Could I… Help you?” He said in between pants. “Well, I dunno~ Can you decide for me?” Eun Young half-twirled her body around on her place, “Fine.” Lay said with a blank look. “Thanks Lay! You’re the best!” Eun Young grinned and ran off somewhere, probably to the main gate of the school, “See you tomorrow~!” She cooed as she made a small wave towards Lay. Lay returned it back.

*Now how will I help her…?* As much as it concerns Eun Young and his friend, Lu Han, he wanted to do it. He wanted them to be together – to be a happy couple like those in K dramas. But there’s this urge inside his heart that says ‘No. Don’t do it’, something like that. It wanted him to stop. His mind says ‘Yes’, while his heart says ‘No’. If he would help Eun Young get along with Lu Han, will he get hurt? Since he liked Eun Young since the day that they met, it would very likely hurt him so much. And adding to that, Lu Han? Yep. He would get really hurt.

 But what if he says ‘No’? It would hurt not only him, but Eun Young as well. He wouldn’t want to get hated by the love of his life, would he? And it would sound so selfish of him. *Besides… I’ve already said ‘Yes’, right…? There’s no turning back now…* A sigh escaped from Lay’s pinkish lips as he strolled down to streets of Seoul towards his home. *Yes… It would hurt me, but when Eun Young’s happy… I’m happy…* He smiled in secret.

 But, will it really be okay?

 What would he follow? His mind, or his heart?

 Would it really not hurt that much?

 If it does hurt, will he be able to heal it?

 The wounds of a one-sided love…?

 

 

 “Lu Han likes plushies.”

 “Oh, so I would buy him plushies? So now it’s the girl who buys the guy the stuffed toys and stuff?! The world has gone upside-down!” Eun Young made a sarcastic look.

 “Look, are you in this or not?”

 “Fine…”

 “Well, I didn’t actually tell you that you need to buy him those… I’m just saying it so that you would know…” Lay scratched the back of his neck, “Oh…” Eun Young’s lips formed into a little ‘O’. Along with those two wavy pigtails and that ‘O’? Lay found it cute that his ears even flushed pink! “Anyways,” Lay coughed, “He always goes to that bubble tea store near the dorms.” “Eh? He does?” Eun Young leaned nearer with those bambi eyes, getting more overly interested. “Not along with Sehun, he won’t.” Lay stuck his tongue at Eun Young. “Yah! Shut up!” She playfully spanked Lay’s arm which resulted the two to laugh.

 “Having fun, hyung?”

 Sehun, along with Lu Han, appeared out of no where. Sehun was, as usual, drinking his bubble tea while Lu Han chuckled, “You two are so close together! I envy you…” Lu Han pouted cutely. “Lu-Lu Han-ssi…” Eun Young changed into her shy mode and suddenly blushed while Lay was too flattered to even talk. “Any who, we have to get going. Bye guys~” Both Lu Han and Sehun waved at them in unison. “Go on.” Lay nudged Eun Young who was stunned as soon as she saw her crush. “Hah?” She got back to her senses and shook her head, “Wha-What!?”

 “This is your chance! Go and confess to him…”

 “Ah…”

 “…L-Lu Han-ssi!” Eun Young called out whilst Lu Han and Sehun turned around to face her, “Hmm?” Lu Han blinked his eyes at her. “W-Would you… Meet with me at the back gate l-later?!” Eun Young said in high spirits. “Oh, sure!” Lu Han smiled and turned his back at her and started walking.

 He said ‘Yes’.

 Great!

 Well, not for Lay, that is…

 

 

 *Eun Young hadn’t been talking with me ever since she confessed with Lu Han at that time…*

 Lay sighed in his seat.

 *I wonder what Lu Han said in response…*

 Lay sulked in his seat with a pout on his face, “Why so gloomy, gege?” Tao acted sullen in front of Lay. “Busted?” Kris snorted, “Yah! Gege!” Tao spanked Kris’ arm. “Ow! What’s that for?!” Kris groaned and rubbed his arm, “Can’t you see gege’s sad already?!”

 “I’m not sad, Tao…” Lay sat up properly, “Then what?” Xiumin came in the scene, eating steamed buns. “Disappointed? Unhappy? Depressed? Rueful? Regrettable? Jealous?!” Lay enumerated every negative adjective that were running through his mind. Finally, timid Lay has gone goodbye. *It still rhymes with ‘Sad’ to me.* That’s what Kris, Tao and Xiumin thought. “Never knew gege had such a big mouth…” Tao whispered at his Kris gege which resulted a nod from Kris. “Yah! Where is Yixing gege?!” Chen suddenly busted in the room. “Uh… He’s here.” Tao pointed at Lay who wore a very shocked face.

 “You don’t need to shout, you know.” Xiumin said with his mouth full of steamed buns. “What is it?” Lay asked, “Have you heard?” Chen grabbed a seat next to Lay and everyone leaned closer to hear what Chen has brought up. *Is it that important for you to come bursting in the room?!* Lay thought. “Eun Young and Lu Han are… Dating.” “Say what?!” Kris nearly had a seizure. “Didn’t I just say it loud and clear? I said, Eun Young and Lu Han are dating!” Chen repeated.

 *Dating…*

 *Dating…*

 *Dating…*

 The word kept on repeating throughout Lay’s mind. Dating. Since when? Is it the reason why Eun Young was ‘avoiding’ Lay for the past couple of days? Is it why Lu Han never showed up at even one meeting with EXO over the couple of days that passed? He knew this was coming… But he didn’t expect it to be so soon. Lu Han never liked girls. Well, he did, but he’s too shy to even admit it. Besides, he said that he has some more important stuff to bother with over girls. He didn’t even like Eun Young, he just treated her like his little sister, or something…

 “Anyways, they look cute together, yeah?”

 “Yeah, but Lu Han gege doesn’t like Eun Young, right? Besides, he already has Sehun.” All of them chuckled.

 Lay couldn’t handle it no more. He stood up from his seat, raging or somewhat, and dashed out of the room; leaving the guys inside dumbfounded. “Told you don’t ever talk about Lu Han and Eun Young in front of him…” Kris whispered as he dazed off at the way where Lay ran off to.

 

 

 “Why…” Lay started sobbing as his pace trailed off slowly. A few minutes ago, he was just running, but now, he felt like he was in a slow motion. He sobbed out loud. *I… I shouldn’t have helped her with it. But… Lu Han’s my best friend. I… I can’t make her disappointed, though. Even though it hurts… I-I have to sacrifice my own feelings for her.* “But then, until when…?” Lay sniffed and wiped off the tears that kept on falling from his drenched, reddish eyes. It was a sacrifice he needed to do, for Eun Young…

 As much as it hurts, Lay doesn’t have anything to do about it. He never thought that Lu Han would really accept her offer, and he always thought of Eun Young thinking of this relationship as plain friendship. Just friendship. Lay thought that Eun Young never took this relationship off ‘till the limit. But, when will she take and notice Lay’s obvious feelings for her seriously? Lay fall to the ground and leaned against the cold walls of the school. He put his arm at his eyes, blocking off his view of the streaming rays of the sun and heard little murmurs for a matter of seconds.

 “What do you need to talk to me about?”

 “Well, it’s… Uh…”

 “Hmm…?”

 “Youngie, had you been taking this relationship so seriously?”

 “Hah?”

 “I mean, when you said ‘Go Out’, I thought you meant it literally, not… You know…” Lu Han scratched the back of his head.

 Oh, the poor kid… He’s really innocent as what the others described him…

 “E… Eh?”

 “You know, Lay liked you so much.”

 Lay’s ears perked up as he heard those words. *Oh no you don’t.* Lay quickly removed his arm and sat up to listen more, “…L-Lay.” Eun Young gulped the lump that was forming in . “You should be considerate of his feelings more, you know?” Lu Han smiled, “He tried helping you in anything. He once said to me that whenever he had helped you, he always felt very happy… Lay likes you, no, he loves you to the point that he would risk up his own feelings for you just to be happy. “Just seeing her happy is enough for me, whether I suffer in that process, still, I am happy…” that’s what Lay exactly said.”

 Lu Han went nearer Eun Young who was already sobbing. “Lay treated you more than a friend, you know?” He ruffled her hair whilst a hiccup came from Eun Young, “You should go.” Eun Young bit her bottom lip with a childish, crying face. “T-Thanks.”

 *I wish all what I’ve said reached Lay, though.* He glanced at Lay who was eavesdropping.

 

 

 *So it was Lay all along…* Eun Young ran off whilst wiping her dry tears from her face. She kept on running so fast, looking for Lay, that she tripped over her other foot and fell face flat on the ground. “Urgh…” She sat up from her spot and pouted. She rubbed the swollen part of her forehead, which was caused from the impact from when she fell as her eyes started welling up again.

 “Lay…”

 She sobbed and tried standing up, but to her surprise. She couldn’t move her legs, “Ow!!!” She held her ankle leg up. It seemed like she twisted her ankle. “Uuh…” She groaned in pain as she massaged her ankle to ease the pain that kept on going. *If only I wasn’t too reckless… You stupid, pabo! Argh!* She mentally scolded herself. *Pathetic. Great, you just earned yourself a complement.* Eun Young faked a smirk. Just then, she felt a hand pat her back –

 “Ah! …Lay.” Eun Young’s eyes squinted. She remembered all the things that Lu Han said, which made her turn her head around the other way, not even trying to look straight at Lay.

 “Lay treated you more than a friend, you know?”

 It struck her. She’s even hurt at this point of time than that of Lu Han. The fact that she hadn’t known or noticed about Lay’s lingering feelings towards her made her feel… Stupid. “Eun Young, I heard you screaming and all…” Lay gulped; he felt that weird feeling running under his spine that Eun Young wouldn’t want to talk to him. He felt at fault for all of it. *Did she… Hear everything about what Lu Han said?* He saw Eun Young twisting and turning her damaged ankle. *Did she… Understand everything?* Lay crouched down near Eun Young, who scooted away from him even more and hid her for what seemed like a crying face behind her palms.

 “It’s okay.” Lay shushed her and held Eun Young’s aching ankle. After a while, she felt her ankle feel… light. Healed. She removed her hands from her wet face and saw the shards of light coming out of Lay’s palm. Wait, shards of light?! Eun Young couldn’t believe what she just saw, she felt like Lay was keeping a secret from her all along.

 He had powers, specifically, healing powers.

 *How the… What the…* Eun Young’s eyes rounded. After a while, the lights were gone and her ankle was fully recovered. “Could you stand up?” Lay offered her his hand. Eun Young took it, still wearing that bewildered look on her face. She couldn’t believe it – A few minutes ago, she felt her legs get stiff and all, but right now, look! She was standing, straight like a post… Or some sort. Lay sighed, “I… I’m sorry if I kept this a secret to you.” He scratched the back of his neck and kept on apologizing; he can’t even look at her straight in the eye, “I’m sorry about the whole – “

 Eun Young kept Lay hanging. She immediately got Lay into a tight hug and gripped on his shirt and started weeping convulsively, “Lay, I’m sorry… Really sorry. But, I have another favor to ask of for you…” Lay gulped, “Yes?” “Could you please… Heal my heart?” Lay’s eyes rounded and he looked down at her, mystified – “What…?”

 “My heart… Has been damaged. Broken.” She sniffed.

 “Could you, heal it for me? …Yixing?”

 Lay flashed his dimples at her.

 “I would, gladly.” Lay kissed Eun Young’s forehead and she automatically stopped crying.