Part Two

My Happiness

 

When will I meet Seunghyun again? I just want to see him and thank him. I didn’t expect to have this illness yet I accepted it. They all come in and asking me If I’m fine. I gave them a fake smile “Of course I am” I said to them. Ji Yong holds my hand; it stunned all of the people inside the room. “Hey don’t worry, I’m always here for you” he whispered. This feeling, I missed it, I looked at Ji Yong, smiling at me, “Komawo” I said as weak as I am now.

1 month after I collapsed, me and Ji Yong started dating; I don’t mind people who knows me engaged with Seunghyun will spread gossip. I don’t care; Seunghyun didn’t show himself for almost 3 months now. I bug me at hell, but Ji Yong came to my life, I love Seunghyun but he’s breaking my heart. “Kaja?” Ji yong snapped me back to reality, we we’re dating here at the park “Ne” we intertwined our hands, walking, laughing to each other. Then a familiar figure appeared infront of us, and then he suddenly punches Ji Yong. Ji Yong’s face was at my front, with blood on his lips. Ji Yong didn’t attack him. He punches him again that makes him falls to the ground that make me cry, I stopped him and looked at Ji Yong “Ji are you okay?” I asked him, I touched his lips that made him cringed in pain. I looked at him and “What’s your problem? He didn’t do anything bad from you, Seunghyun!” I said, he was surprised and hissed.

“Protecting that guy instead of your fiance?” he asked, I furrowed my eyes “Fiance? You tell me, fiancé? How come you became my fiancé? I search for you for almost two months Seunghyun” I said. I helped Ji Yong to stand up “See? I didn’t even wearing the ring you gave me Seunghyun, ask yourself why?” I said, I’m getting mad now yet I feel so weak “It was like stab to me Seunghyun, the time when we met your ex girlfriend Bom, your eyes…” tears starting to flow “Your eyes, never left to her face, but I didn’t expect that you will hide from me for almost 3 months Seunghyun,. Just to think of it, 3 more months to go we are already tied up but it will never happen now” I said to him, I search something on my bad, “This… I’m giving it back to you, I always bring this ring to bring it back to you when there are chances like this” I said, I wiped my tears and looked at Ji Yong “Are you okay?” he asked me “I—“

“She didn’t tell you about her condition” a voice said “Yes, I should have known it” from another voice, “is she really….” I slowly open my eyes, “J-ji..” I called him, he ran towards me, “Komawo” I thank him, “You don’t have to feel sorry Dara” he said to me “But you should have told me…” he said to me “A-ani… I don’t want to tell you.. about my condition… it’s nothing compared the love you gave to me” I said, I really feels so weak, that I couldn’t sit on my bed, then the door suddenly opens violently “Dara!” I heard my Omma and Appa, “Are you okay?” they both asked me, I smile “Ne…”, “You really look so pale honey…” my appa said, “Are you really okay?” he asked, “Doctor… what happened to my daughter?” The doctor’s face we’re confused but he got it when he saw my face “Dara-ssi… have leukemia, and have 5% to live”

They all stopped and looked at the person who just came in, then omma suddenly shouts “You… you are the reason why Dara got leukemia! You you…. Because of you.. why are you here!!!” she shouts while appa calming her down. I just looked at him, “Omma, Appa, Ji…. Please I want to talk to him privately” they all obliged except my omma, “Dear, let them have some privacy”.

“How are you?” he asked me “I’m good and weak” I answered “I know I shouldn’t be telling this to you, but, I’m sorry and I still love you” he said, I smiled at him “I loved you Seunghyun but we I think are not meant to be, I love Ji Yong more than you know, he helps me finding you, being here beside me when I needed someone, he was like the person that I really need” I said to him, “I-… I… I was just confused needed more time..” I cut him off “I know Seunghyun, but it’s too late. Too late to ask me to back at your arms, You loved Bom than you Love me, Seunghyun.. I just realized that….” I said to him, I tried to come near him and hugged me but I’m too weak to do it. “Seunghyun, always remember that you’ve been part of my life, and I thank you for the 5 years we spent to together” I said to him.

Another day at the hospital, I’m getting weaker and weaker, I couldn’t get up because of my condition. I am very thankful for Ji Yong being here beside me. “H-hey… you’re awake… what do you want?” He asked me, “nothing….” I said so weakly at him, “Kamsamhamnida” I said, he looked at me and he kissed my forehead, “No, thank you” he said “W-wae?” but before he can answer it, my family and friends came with foods.

They we’re like having a party in my room, our hands intertwined and I looked at him, he noticed me looking at him “Wa-wae? Am I that gorgeous?” he chuckles; he kissed my forehead, “Kidding, why? Feeling tired?” I nod and smile at him, “I just want to sleep…” I said as I slowly closing my eyes, my hands we’re slowly separating on his, “D-dara…” I still heard him say, the noise we’re fading... “Dara-ah… Saranghamnida…” then the last thing I felt was a tear drop on my cheek.