Misty

Rollercoaster

JiAe stared at the mirror, her nose not perfect but undoubtedly the attractive part of her face also.  IU, her cousin, could pass off for any part of her face and manage to not look weird.  Why couldn’t she?  She pinched her nose, hoping to get a better shape of it.  No avail as soon as she let go.

“I give up!  Maybe I should just go for plastic surgery!”  JiAe’s eye teared up, frustrated about her nose but unable to actually do anything about it.  JiAe heard a knock on her window; she looked and immediately saw Ok Taecyeon, her long time crush.  She rushed over, with light pats echoing behind her.  She tried to shove up the window, and when she finally did she went face to face with Taecyeon.  He immediately smiled his goofy smile.

“Hey I’m going out with IU, you wanna come with?”

“Oh no, I have to practice soon, our concerts pretty soon.”  She was lying, of course.  She didn’t want to be the third wheel.  Ever since IU started going out with Taecyeon, nothing had been going perfectly.

“Oh right!  Good luck!”  Taecyeon started making his way down from JiAe’s 2nd floor.”

“Careful, Oppa!”  JiAe looked down, noticing IU in the corner.  Taecyeon ran over to IU and grasped her hand.  JiAe quickly looked away; of course the guy she liked would like IU more.  She slid down, her bottom on the furry floor.  Things never really go well.  At these times JiAe would go over to the science center, her band’s dorm comfortably a block away from it.

IU grabbed her supplies, her 3000 dollar worth of fischertechniks.  Science was a serious passion but somehow she had this longing for her band Summer, she wasn’t able to place science over Summer.

“Cherry!  I’m going out for a bit, I’ll be back for practice.”  JiAe shouted, letting at least one member know where she was.  She quickly hurried out of the building; Korea was freezing cold, definitely not ‘Summer’ at the moment. She rushed into the science center, immediately getting welcomes.  She went over to her usual compartment and immediately started working.  She was creating wires, cutting and stripping, and placing them into metal compartments.  When she was done she would plug in everything, into the switches and the motors, a rather complicated project.  She would then work on the program, hoping it would work as soon as she clicked start.

“Argh!  What’s wrong!?”  She checked everything, making sure it was properly plugged.  A hand reached out and grabbed a piece of wire that was loose.  JiAe looked up, into the eyes of Wooyoung.  She didn’t know him very well but he was very popular.  He had better skin than JiAe, something a man shouldn’t have been able to accomplish.

“I wouldn’t think a pretty girl like you would be in this kind of place.”  Wooyoung sat down next to her, fiddling with the wire and tightly screwing it into its metal compartment, handing the fixed wire to JiAe.  JiAe slowly reached out to grab the wire.

“Thanks.”  Her wide eyes stared at Wooyoung’s sly ones.

“So what are you building?”  Wooyoung leaned onto his elbow, smiling at JiAe.

“I’m building a little truck that goes exactly where I want it to, placing things in the right boxes and repeating the process over 30 times.”  JiAe smiled, she didn’t do it too much lately.

“Nice.  I’m creating the same thing.”  He nudged over to his area.  But clearly he was not building the same thing.  It was doing 10 things at once.

“Accuracy rate?”

“100 percent.”  JiAe slit her eyes, unable to believe what was happening.  He was a genius!  Her nose flared unknowingly making Wooyoung laugh.  He reached out and pinched her nose together. 

“Let’s go out.  You can’t stay here forever.  You’re here because of Taecyeon right?  I’ve seen you look at him.”  He grabbed JiAe’s hand when he saw her look down.  He took her down to a close by amusement park that recently opened.

“Wah~ I’ve been wanting to come here.”  JiAe smiled and took Wooyoung’s hand.  Dragging him to a rollercoaster.

2 hours later

The screams and puking hit JiAe hard.  Wooyoung smiled, happy to get her to stop shutting herself in and dealing with things alone.  He slouched against the round umbrella table, fooling around with exhausted JiAe.  He looked over, happy to see Taecyeon.  That was his goal today.  To get JiAe to face her emotions.  He gently lifted her head and faced her towards Taecyeon, her wide eyes oblivious to how much pain she would receive.

“I imagined how many times I would kiss Taecyeon-oppa…but never once did I imagine him kissing IU.”  JiAe grabbed her bag, quickly running away before Taecyeon would notice them.

Wooyoung yawned and leaned his head back completely, moving the umbrella away so he could see the clear blue sky.

1 year later

JiAe got out of the dorm, fooling around with her band mates.  Every time she got jealous or unhappy…she would face it and have fun instead of shutting herself into solitude.  She would talk to a friend or solve the problem.

“JiJi!  Your nose looks bigger today!”  Cherry teased JiAe.  JiAe chased after Cherry, lightly hitting her.

“Yah!  Have you seen your nose yet!?”  She laughed, looking straight ahead she saw Wooyoung playing around with his fischertechniks.  “Hey Cherry, hold on okay?”  She walked over to the building, knocking on the glass wall.  Wooyoung looked over and gave a light wave.  She waved back eagerly, blowing onto the glass wall, she started writing out words.

 

 

Incase this picture gets delete.

(Thank You)

 

_____________________________
Inspiration for a story hits me every 5 minutes.  I can't convey them all every 5 minutes.

I play around with fischer-bleh at school, really fun, trust me, and fischer is all science and math.  Don't take things for granted.  Programming is very difficult.  To pour a glass of milk is very difficult for a robot to do.

And I intended to flip that picture around, and I tried to look for a picture that said thank you on a glass wall.

But I'm just too lazy.