Their promises...

10 Promises [oneshot]

10 promises. We made me 10 promises. But she forgot to keep one.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was searching for Dara inside their campus.

 

"Dara!" Jiyong shouted as soon as he saw her.

 

"Jiyongie," she said, smiling so sweetly. His name sounded so sweet, coming from .

 

"Aisht Dara, I told you to stop calling me that," Jiyong said to the girl.

 

"And I told you to call me noona, but you never do," she retaliated.

 

"Fine, fine." The boy lost again.

 

 

 

They went to their usual hang-out place. It's under the huge three on top of a hill near their school. The two of them usually hangs out under the tree, talking about everything and anything under the sun.

 

"Dara, let's make promises and write them," Jiyong suggested.

 

"Promises?" the girl asked.

 

"Yeah. It can be anything but it has to be a promise we can do together or a promise to each other," Jiyong said.

 

"Sure. Let's make eight promises. That's our lucky number right? And that way we might be able to complete all of it," Dara said.

 

"Okay. I'll start. I promise to fulfill our dream of graduating college," Jiyong said.

 

"Yeah, me too. I want to become a nurse. I want to cure other people. And you, Jiyong will fulfill your dream of becoming an architect. You'll design beautiful buildings around the world. And you'll design my future house, right?" Dara said.

 

"Yeah, I will. I promise that I'll design your house," Jiyong said.

 

"Well, I promise to fulfill my old promise to you. That we'll go on a trip to Japan," Dara said.

 

"You still remember?" the boy asked.

 

"Of course. And I'm planning to keep that promise," Dara said.

 

"I promise to always protect you," Jiyong said, looking into Dara's eyes.

 

"Well, I promise to always help you in any way I can," the girl says with a pure smile.

 

"I promise that we'll be best friends forever, no matter what," Jiyong said.

 

"And you have to promise you'll follow me wherever," Dara said with a smirk.

 

"Yeah, yeah. If I don't write that promise, you'll strangle me anyway," Jiyong said and Dara slapped his arm.

 

"And lastly, I promise that I'll be by your side forever," Dara said.

 

Ther wrote these promises on a piece of paper, put inside a box, and buried that box under their tree.

 

 

 

 

Ten years later...

 

The two remained best of friends. And more than that, they became lovers. They've been lovers for five years now.

 

Dara was the first one to realize her feelings for Jiyong. She was always disapproving of Jiyong's girlfriends and even thought a lot of guys were courting her, they always ended up heartbroken.

 

But Dara got tired of waiting for Jiyong. She was young and beautiful and popular, but Jiyong doesn't notice her as a girl, only as a friend. She got tired of waiting for him, so when a popular guy in their school named Jaejoong asked her out, she said yes. They became their campus hot couple. Imagine the two most beautiful person in the campus in a relationship.

 

Every girl is envious of Dara, they're all wishing to be in her shoes. While all the guys are jealous of Jaejoong because he's with Dara, and that includes Jiyong. He doesn't know why, but he feels angry at Jaejoong. He usually brushes it off, thinking that he only wants to fulfill his promise that he'll protect Dara everytime, and he thinks that Jaejoong will just hurt Dara.

 

But then he realized, after seeing Dara and Jaejoong cuddling, that he have more that friendly feelings towards Dara. And that's when their lovestory starts.

 

 

Jiyong is now a famous architect, and Dara is now a successful nurse working in a famous hospital.

 

They're both happy and contented.

 

They're now living together in a house designed by Jiyong. They still visit their tree every time they have the chance.

 

It's a wonderful Sunday, the sun is shining brightly and the breeze is dancing softly.

 

The couple decided to visit the tree. They were sitting under it's shade, feeling contented. Suddenly, Dara grabs her chest. She looks like she's in pain.

 

"Dara? Dara are you okay?" he asked.

 

She was clutching her chest and her breating isn't normal.

 

He immediately carried her and immediately put her inside the car.

 

He was driving so fast, he might have broke the speeding limit, but he didn't care. All he cared about is Dara.

 

 

 

 

He was waiting for the results outside her room. He was pacing back and forth. He didn't even know that Dara has a heart disease.

 

The doctor went outside. He immediately rushed to him to aske about Dara.

 

The doctor shook his head. "I'm sorry sir.." the doctor said.

 

"No! NO! NO!" he said. "Dara... DARA!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A month has passed after her funeral.

 

He's not talking with anyone. Not even his friends, his parents nor hers.

 

He decided to visit their tree.

 

Dara ♥ Jiyong

 

He saw that engravement on the trunk of the tree. As soon as he saw these, he broke down.

 

Dara. His precious Dara.

 

He decided to dig out their box. He unfolded the letter and saw that it was now yellow because of age.

 

1. Finish college. I, Kwon Jiyong promise to be a successful architect while Dara will become a good nurse.

 

2. Design Dara's house.

 

3. Go on a trip to Japan.

 

4. Always protect Dara.

 

5. Always help Jiyong, no matter what.

 

6. Always be BEST FRIENDS forever.

 

7. Follow Dara no matter when or where.

 

8. Always's be by Jiyong's side.

 

 

"You promised Dara. You promised to be always by my side..." Jiyong muttered.

 

"How do you expect me to live without you?" he asked.

 

"I missed you Dara, now that you're gone, I have no reason to live."

 

He took out something from his bag. It was a gun.

 

He sat under the tree and pointed the gun into his head.

 

"I'll follow you now Dara," he said and he shoot his head.