Chapter 6

You can't leave us

After about a week of and resting in the hospital,onew was finally discharge.

The doctor told him not to overwork himself and to get plenty of rest.He gave onew some medicine and told him to follow the time exacly as labeled.

Onew felt as though it was useless giving him the medicine as he knew it won't help save him anyway.

Taemin kept asking onew if he was hurt and feeling pain anywhere.He always followed onew everywhere to make sure he's ok.

Onew kept telling him that he was fine and that he doesn't need follow him everytime he goes somewhere,but taemin was determine to look after his hyung especially after he found out about his hyung's secret.

But the truth was,onew was feeling worst.His head was hurting more and more each day.He could feel the tumor growing bigger.

 

Onew was sitting on the couch in their living room.He brought his knees to his head and began to cry again.

This has become a usual thing for him.There wasn't a day when he didn't shed a tear.

He knew that his health was getting getting worst.What if his time was near?What if death is closer to him then he thought?

He was tired.Very tired.But he always managed to stay strong till now for his dongsaengs.They are the ones that gave him strength to carry on each day.

"Hyung?"

Taemin suddenly came and sat next to him.The other 3 members were busy that day so only onew and taemin were left at the dorm.

He wipe the tears off his hyung's face.He gave him a hug and onew began to cry his heart out,wetting taemin's shoulder.Taemin didn't care.He will always be there to comfort his hyung.He didn't want to lose him.

The hug was so warm and comforting.Onew felt as though his troubles went away for a while.

After letting his emotions out,they both pull away.

"Hyung,please don't cry.i really don't want to see you like this.it hurts me.your our cheerful leader,our leader who always makes people laugh,so please smile."

For taemin,onew did.He gave him a small smile.A small and bitter one.Even though it was fake,he at least wanted his dongsaengs to see that he's fine.He didn't want to make him anymore worried than he already was.

What made an impact to him was when taemin said 'it hurts me.'

"I caused him that pain."onew thought to himself.Guilt was wrecking every inch of his heart.

"Hyung,you know you can always come to me.i'll always be here for you,by your side."

Onew slowly nodded.

"Thanks taemin."

 

After a few minutes of silence,taemin began to ask his hyung  the question that was haunting him eversince that day when he found out about onew's illnese.

"Hyung,do you....do you think that you should take the surgery?"

Onew was stunned to hear that question coming from his dongsaeng's mouth.He sadly looked down and stare at the cold floor.

"I....i don't know.I'm scared.you heard what the doctor said,most people didn't make it.what if the operation is a failure?"onew's voice sounded so scared and frightened.

"But we won't know till we try right?"

Onew didn't know what to say.

"Why don't you want to take the surgery hyung?don't get me wrong,i won't force you to take it if your not ready,i'm just want to know."

Taemin desperately tried to find every way to help his hyung but he couldn't find any other way either than this.

Onew took a deep breath and sigh.

"There's a reason for that taemin.but i'm sorry,i can't tell you,not now.''

"Alright hyung.i understand."He didn't want to force onew into doing something he doesn't want to.

Taemin got up and was about to leave when onew stops him.

"Taemin wait."

"Yes hyung?"Taemin turn around to look at onew.

"Um..."onew took out a small blue envelope out from his pocket.He went to taemin,took his hand,and placed the envelope on it.

"Please don't read it yet.read it when the time is right and with the others as well."onew said to taemin.

Taemin looked at the envelope then at onew.

"Ok hyung."

He made sure to keep the envelope properly.