Naptime

Through The Lens

Sunhwa was just so, so tired.

She had been filming all last night and as soon as she had finished, she had gone straight to practice. This was her fifth all-nighter in a row. Thankfully, she had been able to nap for exactly 45 minutes and then she had to get ready for pre-recording. She had gone to the salon, blinked, and then somehow woke up from a sleep she hadn't known she'd fallen into. Somehow, with only a carton of soy milk for sustenance, she had made it through and now, here she was, in the waiting room before the music show of the evening.

Sunhwa was usually better than almost anybody at putting a perky smile on her face. She would go from one sunbae to another, networking and making those connections. She was doing it for all of Secret – So she would put every last drop of her energy into it.

But today, try as she might, she could barely lift up a finger. Her eyes felt like they were almost buzzing from the burning struggle to stay open. Her head felt like it was bouncing back and forth off of two concrete walls on either side. She managed to get her eyes in focus on the clock in front of her. She still had an hour before their performance.

I'm just going to close my eyes for a second because it hurts so much to keep them open...

Junhyung glanced around the waiting room as he leaned nonchalantly on the counter. He sipped his Coke and observed. His fellow Beast members were chatting with various friends. Dongwoon was with his '91 line, Kikwang was talking to Simon D...Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Yoseob were with the girls of Secret.

Well, three of the girls of Secret. Where was Sunhwa?

Yoseob shifted closer to Jieun, allowing Junhyung to see Sunhwa.

She was lying on the couch, her head slumped onto her shoulder. was open, in an almost plaintive oval. Her long lashes made little bars on her pale skin below her shadowed eyelids. Her thin arm extended from behind her head to splayed fingers hanging off the edge of the couch.

Junhyung got up and walked towards the group.

"Should we take a picture?"
"Hehe, aww, it's sort of cute!"
"Maybe we should draw on her?"
"Nah, that would be mean. She needs to perform, remember?"
"But a picture won't hurt, right?"

Junhyung pushed his way through.

"Hey. Come on guys. Let her sleep." Junhyung said.

There were assorted mumblings and the group dispersed. Junhyung sat down next to Sunhwa and gently lifted her head onto his shoulder. He figured it would be more comfortable than the extreme angle her head had been at previously. He sat there quietly, drinking his Coke.

"Is it time to perform?!" With an alarmed jump, Sunhwa sat straight up. She was in a state of panic.

"You've still got twenty minutes," Junhyung said calmly. Sunhwa's face began to fill with blush as it dawned on her what must have happened.

"Junhyung-ssi, I'm so sorry, I -"

Junhyung stuck out his hand with the bottle of Coke in it.
"Here, drink this. The caffeine will at least keep you awake for your performance."
He got up.
"Get some sleep tonight," he said as he walked away.

Sunhwa looked at the half-full bottle for a second and then drank.

She was suddenly wide awake.