Part II : Finale

ℓ'm foolishly In ℒove with a ℳannequin❣

 

As I saw her after she flipped her hair, I realized something. That porcelain skin, that two big chocolate brown orbs, that blonde hair, that pinkish cheeks and rosy lips.. that beautiful face..

 

looks exactly like the mannequin a while ago!

 

She may have been noticed that I was a little stunned so she waved me off. “yah, are you okay?”

 

“Oh! Yes, I’m totally fine. It was just unbelievable!” I told her in an unbelievable state of excitement.

 

“Unbelievable? You mean the incident that happened to me earlier?” She asked with a sound of disappointment in her voice. Oh great! She thinks I just mocked at her.

 

“NO! It’s not what you think! You just looked like someone I know.. I mean a lot!” I reasoned out brushing off what she thinks that is wrong. She then smiled sweetly at me that I almost melt even though the atmosphere is super cold.

 

“Oh. I thought. Well sorry for that.”

 

I can’t believe what I just saw. The girl I dreamed of was just an inches away from where I stood. Standing in front of her seems like a great form of trance. Even you’re in my position, you can’t believe it, right? She is the right one for me, I know. So I must take the first step in order for me to gain her trust.

 

“Anyways, mind if I join you skating here in the rink?” I asked with my mind full of hope. I hope she wouldn’t let me down.

 

“Well after that fall I think I’m done with it” she said a little sad. But as desperate as I am, I insisted.

 

“I’m here to shore you up, don’t worry” I won’t let this girl just slip off in my hands. I think I’m getting serious about this.

 

“Okay. Anyways what’s your name?” She asked me with those two curious eyes.

 

“Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun. What yours might be?” I asked her with a little bit of excitement oozing in every part of my body.

 

“I’m Jessica Jung. But you can call me Sica though.” She smiled that sweet smile again. I fell for it for the 2nd time around.

 

I helped her up and guided her around the rink. I taught her how to glide and slide and other skating positions she needed to learn so that she won’t meet that accident again. We talked about some things, especially about ourselves in order for us to get to know each other. Well, I might say she’s not that bad after all. She seems perfect. Perfect for me.

 

She seemed too pleased by my side so I grabbed the opportunity and asked her off to ride the Ferris wheel. She agreed and we went to the Ferris wheel with our hands sealed together.

 

As our cart went to the highest peak, we can see the bright moon spreading its light through the dark sky alongside with the dazzling lights of the stars. You can also view below the whole amusement park packed with people walking around. The view is breathtaking. It’s superbly a great place.

 

“The view is so beautiful” She commented not ripping off her stare at the wonderful sight in front of her.

 

“But not as beautiful as you” I told her. She then averted her eyes away from the sight and turned to me. She then blush that rosy color on her cheeks which made her cute to see.

 

“Look sica, even though I just met you right now, I feel so comfortable with you. It’s like destiny that I found you in this very place, in this very day, in this very time.” I told her with a sincere feeling I let out while I said those words on her.

 

“I know I’m maybe just a stranger in your eyes, but if you’ll allow, I would like to open up my heart for you. Maybe it’s a little bit early but I think I am serious with this. I mean, I found love at first sight with you” I continued. “I want to hear your thoughts”

 

She didn’t say anything. She just stared at me for a couple of seconds. I thought that maybe it’s a little bit too early for my confession and she can’t say anything because she’s shocked of the fact that I confessed to her.

 

“Oh~ I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-“

 

“Jonghyun, let’s go home” She said in a sad voice. I can’t do anything but to do what she says. I was a little bit hurt about what she just showed to me. I can accept if she’ll say that she doesn’t like me and not giving me this kind of treatment.

 

We walked in the street silently. Everytime our gazes will meet, we will instantly turn away. It’s an awkward situation that I’m feeling now. After some couple of steps, she then went to a sudden stop with her back facing me. I noticed that I am standing in front of the boutique where I just saw that mannequin but I noticed the mannequin wasn’t there anymore.

 

“Jonghyun, look. You can’t love me since I am not a human. I am a mannequin. It’s just a wish to be a human for a night and I didn’t expect that it would come up like this. Since I have a human feeling, I think I am falling for you jonghyun.. which is not right at all.. ” Jessica said in a crack voice. I was stunned short for the sudden revelation.

 

“I don’t care if you’re a mannequin. I don’t care what you are. All I know is that you are the right one for me” I moved my head forward to her spot. I reached for her lips slowly..

 

Nothing can stop me from loving youu~ youu~ youu~

 

Until it was just inches away.. I reached for them slowly..

 

The reason why I breath is youu~ youu~ youu~

 

Until I can feel her breathe in contact with my skin..

 

The reason why I sing is youu~ youu~ youu~

 

Until I heard a loud bang on the floor and I felt that my left cheek stung in pain. I opened my left eye and scrutinized the place. I was in the floor with my Pajamas on.

 

Oh great, I was dreaming after all! Damn it! >,<” and what I thought as the background song was just my freakin phone ringing! How cool is that? After some dramatic recover for myself I decided to answer the phone even though I am not in a good mood.

 

I frantically flipped my phone up and answered the call in a tired voice. “Yeobeoseyo?”

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JONGHYUN ADEUL! UMMA MISSES YOU SO MUCH!” The person on the other line greeted in a very high pitched voice that almost left my eardrum damaged.

 

“Oh~ Umma! You.. called?” It seemed like this thing happened already.. I don’t know when. Well, you can call it Déjà vu for short.

 

“Is that surprising? I think no? Why? Are you sick or something? Do you feel any pain? Are you—“ She babbled and babbled but I cut her babbling mouth off.

 

“I’m fine. Okay? Geez. I woke up just now so my mind is still.. you know..” I explained to her.

 

“Oh.  So anyways, now that you’re 20.. isn’t a little abnormal for a guy like you not having a girlfriend? Like.. since birth?” My mother suddenly asked and I was taken aback. Seems like this really happened already. My mind clouded with bundle of thoughts so I haven’t answered mom’s question. She just continued her sentences.

 

“I mean, you need to have a girlfriend by now. Geez! You need to grow up as a man, jonghyun!” My mom exclaimed on the other line.

 

“Okay! Alright! I’ll be having a girlfriend anytime soon! I’m late with my appointment so imma go now! Bye! Love yah!” I then hang the phone up and throw it on my bed. I just hated mom for rushing things on me. Look what she just did to me a while ago? Arggh.

 

The truth is I don’t really have any appointments for now since I’m gonna treat myself.. ONLY MYSELF.. in this special day of mine. I quickly washed up and ate my breakfast then went off to the streets.

 

After some minutes of walking, I have become aware of why did it looked like these things happened to me already..

 

THIS WAS ALL IN MY DREAM.

 

Not really the exact though but as far as I have observed, the sequences are all the same. I was still recalling the dream I had when my eyes suddenly fell to a boutique just meters away from me. I slowly walked towards the boutique and there I saw the mannequin. SHE JUST LOOKED LIKE THE MANNEQUIN IN MY DREAM! Her pretty face and all that. It felt so magical. I stared at the mannequin intently hoping it would move a single finger or just wink at me. Then, a sales clerk noticed me and tried to catch my attention.

 

“Sir, do you like the outfit?” The saleslady asked. I turned to the saleslady and I just shook my head. I took a step back and walked away from the boutique. If the sequence is as same as my dream, then that mannequin will totally be a real human! I felt a little excited about that and I traced the steps I remembered from my dream and followed it.

 

The sun already had set and the darkness had started to spread in the midst of the sky. Any hour now I will meet the dream girl of my life. I sat on the park bench and as what I just did in my dream; I stared at the shimmering stars and wish for that dream girl of mine. After that, I then went to the amusement park and played in the ice rink being excited to see her. After some couple of minutes I still haven’t encountered some weird situation where I supposed to meet my dream girl. One and a half hour past, still, there’s no sign of her. I tried to look for her but I’m proved futile.

 

I went to the amusement park alone and sat on the nearby bench. My eyes suddenly flew where the Ferris wheel stood. It’s just all a dream and will remain as a dream, I realized. There’s no such thing as like that but why didn’t I even thought of that at the first place? I just got a fool out of myself.

 

I thought I already experienced the fairytale of my life. I thought this time; I would surely have my happy ending just like what we see in fairytales like how Cinderella found her true love all because of her crystal shoes, how Snow white found her true love all because of the poisoned apple, and how I met and loved a girl who’s not a human at all instead it’s a mannequin. Like, everything and anything can happen in fairytales. A perfect love, that’s what all I am after.

 

But this is reality.. the exact opposite side of fairytale where we deal with imperfections in life. Therefore, life isn’t a fairytale. And my so called fairytale love story just ended here.

 

I walked away from the amusement park with an indescribable face painted on me. I was so disheartened by the fact how reality had hit me up. I wish I just slept and never woke up so that things will go smoothly on me.

 

While I was on my way to home, train of thoughts occupied my head. I thought of it deeply and haven’t noticed a girl in front of me and I suddenly bumped at her.

 

“Ahh~ mianhae..” I said plainly and was about to walk off but as she turned..

 

“You must watch your step next time” She said in a soft angelic voice.

 

Am I dreaming again? Are my eyes deceiving me? Or it’s just that I am too absorbed in my thoughts? But the girl standing in front of me right now.. is none other than what I thought of this very moment, the girl I dreamed of. That mannequin girl.

 

“Hey, you looked like you have seen a ghost. I’m not a ghost don’t worry.” She jokingly said. I never noticed but I was also in front of the boutique where I spotted the mannequin. I turned to where the mannequin stood and I was shocked to find it there.

 

“Wait.. y-you! Y-you just l-looked like t-the m-m-mannequin there!” I then pointed at the mannequin and she just laughed sweetly.

 

“I do look like her, right? It was designed for me though as a special gift for our boutique’s anniversary” She said gladly.

 

“Oh? Really? So that’s why.. it really resembles you perfectly” I said in surprised. She just smiled at my expression and continued to speak.

 

“Thank you, it’s nice to have you noticed it” She then smiled that priceless smile of her. Just as the same as the one in my dream.

 

I can’t believe that this girl, specifically my dream girl, would totally exist in my life. I wished it but I didn’t really expect it to happen. I don’t know what’s happening but seems like destiny is playing its magical tricks on me and I love every bit of it. Sure, fairytales don’t exist at all but that doesn’t mean we can’t experience that perfect love we want to experience, right? It’s just a matter of believing that we could really find that perfect love that we need, the one that fits us like a piece of puzzle that will make as a whole and make us one. I thought I was just foolishly in love with a mannequin but that brought me to a love that I can’t ever imagine.

 

 


 

✎ le author's notes;

well, this is the end! ^^ kkk. thanks to those who subscribed! you mean so much to me. kkk. (: and i'm so sorry for the grammar mistakes if ever. heh.