Part I

ℓ'm foolishly In ℒove with a ℳannequin❣

 

*Alarm clock ringing

 

I woke up instantly and turned the annoying alarm clock off. *sigh* another day had past slowly like fallen autumn leaves. As I was about to stand up, my handphone started ringing that familiar tone.

 

I picked it up and answered in a cracked voice. “Yeobeoseyo?(hello?)”

 

“Happy birthday, honey!” The person on the other line chanted a little loud. I almost forgot, it’s my birthday today. How ridiculous I am to forget my own birthday. /headdesk

 

“Eo! Umma, thank you!” the only words I have said to her.

 

“Even your voice is getting a bit deeper, you’re really growing up now.. aigoo~ my jonghyunnie is getting old!” Umma said in a melancholic voice, more like she’s pulling off a drama again. She always does this every time she calls me, not to mention just some few days ago.

 

“Umma! Cut the drama, will you? You always do this every time!” I said a little bit annoyed by her infamous acting.

 

“Why? Can’t your umma long for her one and only child?” She retorted. Uggh. Here we go with this drama again.

 

“Alright. Alright. You win! I miss you, okay? I hope you’re fine there!” I said with no choice.

 

“Oh. How charming of my son to say such things. Anyways, you’re turning 20 now but you still don’t have a girlfriend, isn’t that a little not normal for a guy like you?” She lectured me for the nth time.

 

“Uhh. Well, I think the answer is no?” I answered sheepishly.

 

It’s kinda embarrassing to tell you but that is inexplicably true. I don’t have a girlfriend since I was born in this world. It’s not that I am ugly or a nerd that girls dislike, I’m just not that interested in girls these past few years since I am busy with my own goal which is to be an idol.

 

But as what my mom just said, I think it’s really strange for a guy like me not having a girlfriend now that I am 20.

 

“Well I think it is strange! I mean, you should have a girlfriend by now!” She retorted at me loudly that my eardrums are about to explode any minute. Sheesh, Is that a big deal for moms?

 

“Okay! Okay! Don’t worry I’ll find the right one for me, happy?”

 

“I will be very happy indeed my son. Ok, I need to go for now since I have a lot of business to do. Hope you have a great birthday! Umma loves you!” Then she made a kiss sound which is really not a pleasant sound at all and then she hung up. Oh God, a phone session with her isn’t getting any better.

 

So, today’s my birthday. What will I do? I haven’t planned a tinee bitsy thing for this day since all I have to do is rest here in my pad to get over with the stress due to rehearsal thingies, spend the day alone and watch some boring and cheesy romance movies on TV. But hey, this is supposed to be a special day so imma treat myself for a special.. uhh.. treatment.

 

I dialed Key’s number first and waited for him to answer the call.

 

“The Almighty Key is having his own fun at the moment, don’t disturb him will yah? Call later! Leave your message after the beep! Toooot-“

 

Okay. Maybe he’s really having his own fun. Better call Onew next.

 

“Soooooowry you got the wrong numbah! This is not Onew. But if you insist, leave a message after the beep! Toooot-“

 

Ohh. Perfect! I don’t have to waste my money on those two. I’ll just walk around and find some fine diner to sit on.

 

ON THE OTHER HAND

 

Key and Onew went to Jeju Island to spend their rest days there.

 

“Hey Onew hyung, did we just forgot something?” Key asked as he was catching some fish in the sea.

 

“Uhh. What is that something?” Onew replied dumbly.

 

“That’s why I am asking! Aish- What date is it today?” Key asked Onew again.

 

“April 8? Why? Is there something in this day?” Onew shrugged.

 

“Well.. I think.. it’s just the perfect day for staying in Jeju! Waaah!”

 

BACK TO JONGHYUN

 

As I was walking down the street, I spotted a little boutique there. I was about to enter in the boutique when I suddenly spotted a beautiful girl with porcelain skin as white as the snow, her two big chocolate brown orbs were glistening under the bright rays of the sunlight, her blonde hair that was wavy as the blue ocean, her pinkish cheeks that were blossoming and her lips that as red as the sweet cherry. I was a bit stunned by her beauty then butterflies started to invade in my stomach. After a long stare to her, I almost fell over my knees when I suddenly realized..

 

It was a mannequin.

 

Oh god. How can a mannequin look like a real human? I really thought she could be the right one for me, but I think I was totally wrong.I wish it was a human though. Uggh. I feel a little distressed about that one. I took a step back and walked away from that boutique. I thought eating lunch might take away all that hard feelings I just felt.

 

It was already night and I was still out hanging around with nobody else but myself. I thought walking at the park would be cool so I went there and watched the stars shimmer in beauty. I suddenly remembered that beautiful mannequin. If there would be a girl as pretty as her, then I would undoubtedly fall head over heels with her. Well, IF there is one. But I don’t think there would be one.

 

I planned to go to the amusement park to finish off my special treat for this special day.  I decided to enjoy myself in the ice rink. As I was about to go off on the ice, a girl suddenly slipped in front of me and then fell flat face on the hard ice.  As gentleman as I am, I went to her and helped her to straighten herself up.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked at her worriedly trying to help her to stand up.

 

“Ne! I’m fine. Thanks for the help.” She stood up and flipped her hair off.

 

As I saw her after she flipped her hair, I realized something. 

 

That porcelain skin,..

 

That two big chocolate brown orbs..

 

That blonde hair..

 

That pinkish cheeks and rosy lips.. 

 

That beautiful doll face..

 

Looks exactly like the mannequin a while ago!

 


✎ le author's notes;

weeee so they met already! want to find out what's next? then stay tuned and wait for me to update the part II~ (: it'll be the last chapter tho. ^^