Fishes and Necklaces

For her Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yah Kwon Jiyong! We’ve been walking in circles here! What the hell is that thing you’re looking for?!” I said sighing deeply. We’re like walking for hours!

 

“It’s just that I can’t find something that reminds me of Kiko”

 

“Then let’s go to the pet shop! They have a lot of fish there! Different breeds, sizes, colors. I’m sure you can spot some fish who can remind you of her”

 

Jiyong just glared at me. It’s an inside joke in our gang, Kiko’s lips are like those of fish. Super pouty :)

 

“I’m serious Dara” I looked at him and sigh. Seriously this is why I hate going out on a date with him. The only reason he wants to be alone with me like this is because he needs my help regarding Kiko. Nope, the date he said a while ago is not the “romantic” date you’re all thinking about. It’s a short term for “Let’s go out and buy something for Kiko”.

 

“Bracelet” I said

 

“What? Did you say something” Jiyong asked me

 

“I said give her a personalized bracelet”

 

“Like cartier?”

 

“What the hell is that?”

 

“A brand. Oh! Right! I remember now! Kiko wants to buy this necklace in there!” Jiyong point at a jewelry store. My eyes widened. . I hope it’s not the necklace I’ve been eyeing for. I’m still saving for it.

 

“There? Are you sure? Maybe it’s a different store. I heard that their jewelries are not quite um-“

 

“What?” Jiyong asked me

 

“I don’t know but not that store, any store but that. Okay?”

 

“Oh come on! Let’s look at it first okay. And I’m quite sure that’s the store she’s been telling me”

 

Oh please lord. Not that necklace. Please.

 

I keep saying that prayer like mantra but suddenly jiyong elbows me. “What’s wrong? Are you feeling okay?”

 

“Huh? Ah yes, I’m just tired we’ve been walking for hours you know”

 

“Sorry babe. It’s just for Kiko. You know for the Love of my life? The –“

 

“The girl of your dreams. Your future wife. The woman who will bear your first child and the second and the third and so on.” I finished

 

“Wow. Haha. You memorized it?” Jiyong asked

 

I looked at him and he’s still laughing.

 

Yes Jiyong, I’ve memorized it. Dreaming and hoping that maybe someday, I’m the girl you’re pertaining to. That one day you’ll tell me that I’m the love of your life, heck I’m your life. The girl of your dreams and the girl you’ll only think about. Your future wife and partner. And the woman who will not only bear you children but will love them as I love you. A woman can dream right?

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh here we are!” I heard Jiyong said. He pulls me in the store and the first thing that caught my eyes is the necklace that I really want. The butterfly with a star necklace.

 

“Look at that! That’s beautiful! I can imagine Kiko wearing that!” Jiyong exclaimed

 

I look at him and gasp. Oh no! He’s looking at the necklace!

 

 

“So babe what do you think?” he asked me pointing at MY necklace

 

“Passed”

 

“Passed? Just passed? Silly! It’s more than that. It’s truly beautiful. Come let’s ask for the price”

 

“WAIT!” I stopped him

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s looked for others. You know like a second choice” I smiled at him

 

“Oh. But you said you’re already tired”

 

“It’s okay. It’s for Kiko. She deserved the best right?” I said. That’s why she got you. You’re the best.

 

“Well you’re right but I really like that necklace. It screams beautiful just like my Kiko” he smiled

 

Oh. Beautiful. Not like me huh? Plain old Dara.

 

“Yeah, beautiful”

 

“Excuse me” Jiyong catching the attention of the salesman. “I just want to ask how much is that necklace?” pointing  at the necklace

 

“Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter