Rolling in Niceness

Being Nice is Hard

 

~Friday~

 

Fridays are fun for Sungjong. There’s always something new or interesting for him to distract him from the usual stress of being an idol. This week, however, is different. 

 

For reasons unknown to him, Sungjong finds himself grounded, or basically in house arrest by none other than his Sunggyu hyung. He really has no idea what he has done wrong now. Has he said something unintentionally offensive? Nah. Has he forgotten to do a chore or something? Sungjong is sure that wasn’t it either. In fact, he’s been the epitome of a perfect maknae this week. He even stopped using his white teddy bear just to please his hyung.

 

Sungjong sighed and rolled out of his bed. Maybe he should do a once over of their dorm just to make sure that he didn’t miss anything. Oddly enough, his hyungs seem to avoid him during his check though. Sungjong sighed again. He figured his mood is probably bumming everyone out too. He continued his check alone until he reached the living room where his Hoya hyung is currently at. 

 

“Oh Sungjong! Is something wrong?”

 

Sungjong could not explain what happened next. Maybe seeing Hoya, who Sungjong has always confided on, just triggered his emotions to flood. Or Maybe his frustration just finally reached its limit. All Sungjong knows is that one second he’s checking if there’s dust on the sidetables, and the next, he’s running to his Hoya hyung himself. 

 

“HYUNGGGG! SUNGGYU HYUNG IS SUCH A DICTATOR! DID YOU KNOW HE GROUNDED ME FOR NO REASON? I’M GOING CRAZY! HE’S CRAZY! HYUNG HELP TALK TO HIM HELP ME! HE TOOK MY FRIDAY AWAY FROM ME HELPP~!

 

“YAH LEE SUNGJONG! I HEARD EVERYTHING YOU SAID YOU KNOW~!”  

 

Sungjong immediately stopped whining when he finally realized that Sunggyu has been sitting just a couple of cushions away from Hoya throughout his whole tirade. But before he could break the awkward silence in the room, his other hyungs did it for him. 

 

“Is Hoya hyung dead yet?” asked Sungyeol.

 

“I bet you ten bucks Sungjong kicked him.” whispered Woohyun.

 

“I bet you twenty that he didn’t beat him at all!” challenged Dongwoo. 

 

“What’s going on? Show me!” cried Myungsoo from the Google+ chat since he was still currently in Japan. 

 

The four boys finally came out of their hiding place and into the living room, only to be surprised by what their seeing.

 

Sunggyu was currently glaring daggers at the other two. Sungjong was also glaring defiantly back while squeezing the living daylights out of his Hoya hyung. Hoya, on the other hand, was just casually reading his book, as if the situation he is currently between at happened to him all the time.

 

Dongwoo cheered at the sight before him and stuck his hand out at Woohyun.

 

“Sungjong why are you just hugging Hoya? Are you really that biased?” asked Woohyun, bummed that he was now short 20 bucks.

 

“I am protected by Sungjong’s moral code.” Hoya shrugged, still not looking up from his book.     

 

“Of course you would be..you’re the only one who is actually nice to me!” Sungjong suddenly said out of nowhere, now on the verge of tears.

 

“Sungjong..” Sunggyu said hesitantly. His eyes going back and forth between Sungjong’s teary eyes and his arms around Hoya. “I wasn’t trying to be mean. I’m really sorry” he continued.

 

And maybe it was the truth in Sunggyu’s small eyes, or maybe it was the gentleness of his voice, but Sungjong slowly extracted himself from Hoya and slowly crawled to Sunggyu, burying his face on his hyung’s lap.  

 

Hoya then stood up quietly, offering to buy the other members some ice cream just to give the other two some alone time. And then they quietly left the house, leaving the oldest member to whisper sweet words of apologies and to gently ruffle the youngest member’s hair.

 

 

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

A/N: Thank you guys for subscribing! It's been over a month since I last updated and I'm pretty sure y'all have forgotten about this story already. T_T 

It is my fault though and no excuses are acceptable. I am a terrible, terrible multi chapter fic author, and I have no idea why I even started this. (Too many Sungjong feels I guess lol)

 

 So...yeah...this story is a bit angsty....not really the fluff i wanted. But I hope you guys understand, I really am more of a angst genre type of writer, and I'm really experimenting on this fic, even with the POV and characterization and all. I tried brainstorming for other approaches to this chapter but my mind keeps sticking to this one so yeah... I promise the next chap will be sweeter! Thank you again for reading this story at least! :)