Final

Whose That Girl

"I bet your buns that Jay Chou Sunbae is gonna win."

"Oh its on....."

"Donald Duck Sunbaenim is the winner for sure."

Chen and Xiumun turned their heads to look at Luhan. Chen gave him a "no one's talking to you look" while Xiumin gave Luhan a "Seriously?" look.

"What?" The Disney fanboy retorted in defence.

"Better then betting on us and losing all your money. Or buns for that matter."

"Quite true." Xiumin his invisible beard in a sage-like manner.

"And can we stop saying My buns."

"Why? I like your buns." Would someone please slap Jongdae the Troll.

The Trio turned their attention back to the stage where the announcer was looking at his cue card.

"The winner for most popular Artist goes to................"

Chen rolled his eyes at the attempted dramatic suspense.

"EXO!"

A spotlight blinded Chen and he squinted his eyes in annoyance. "Is this some kind of joke?"

He looked down the row to see all his other members stuned, probably thinking the same thing. Chen looked at Kris. He always knew what to do and Chen took cue from Duizhang's 'joke or not, you kids better get your asses up there' look.

"Come on." Suho sherpered the dazed and lost ducklings up the stage while Kris shook hands with the announcer and humbly accepted the trophy.
----

After a tearful thank you speech, the boys made their way down the stage.

"Congrats. You boys deserve it" A few artist praised EXO as they walked back to their seats.

"Thank you all very much." Kris and Suho replied in mandrin, though the latter had no idea what the others were saying and was just following Kris's lead.

The rest of the ceremony passed by in a blur. Soon, it was time to head back to the dorm.

"Thats it? No celebration?" Lay pouted at their Manager, in hopes that their whimpy manager would fall for such cheap agyeo.

"Im sorry kids. You have a plane to catch tomorrow." The Manger made a fatal mistake of looking at Tao, who was as profound in the arts of Agyeo as he was in Wushu.

"Alright." The manager sigh. He knew there was no point in fighting.

"But come early you hear me! I don't want the company to dock my pay."

"Arraso." Twelve voices chimed.
----

Chen sank into the bathtub and let out a sigh of contentment. The members had all dispersed and went to god-knows-where. This was the first time he could have a bath without s banging on the door, asking him to hurry up.

The boys were still high from their first win. Some called their parents to celebrate, while some(namely Kai and Chanyeol) were singing to Mama from the van's sun roof.

Chen had called his mother earlier. She was crying so much that he couldn't help but cry too. His mother was the only one that supported his dream. While others told him to wake up from his insanity, his mother was the one who encourage him to prove them wrong.

"Im proud of you, my son." Chen would never forget that.

Soon, the water turned from lukewarm to cold. Chen got out and changed. He relised that there were still time before their curfew and it was a waste to spend it in the dorm. Grabbing his wallet and hat, Chen headed out.
----

Chen found himself at his usual spot by the Han river. He always came here with a heavy heart and a confused mind, but not tonight. The peace and quiet allowed his mind to wander down memory lane.

"Looks like all those years of training paid off after all." Chen smiled to himself. Suddenly he felt something soft brush against his arm. He turned and saw a white kitten staring back at him innocently.

"Annyeong." Chen patted its head and it leaped onto his lap and made itself comfortable.

"Yah. Getting comfortable already?" Chen laughed softly. The kitten just mewed and flicked its tail.

They sat there, enjoying the sounds of the night. Suddenly, Chen's phone rang, indicating a message.

"Chenchen, don't forget about your curfew. Kyungsoo"

Chen checked the time and realised he need to go. He gently nudged the kitten off his lap and stood up.

"Umma needs oppa to go home now." Chen patted the kitten one last time.
----

As Chen walked back, he was so intent on looking out for fangirls that he bumped into someone.

"Sorry."

"Its alright." She said and Chen walked away in a hurry. The dorm was in view and girls were trying to get a glimpse of his face under that cap.

"Finally." Xiumin said as soon as Chen entered the dorm. "I thought you were being mobbed by our fangirls."

Chen just rolled his eyes and made his way to his room.

"Wait." Xiumin called him.

"Some girl asked me to pass this to you." Xiumin handed Chen a small white envolope which had Jongdae written in elegant script on the front.

Chen walked towards the couch and opened the fanletter.

"Well thats dumb. Who the hell gives an empty piece of paper to their idols?" Xiumin peeked over Chen shoulder and laughed.

Chen frowned at Xiumin's words. The paper was'nt empty, there was something written on it.

"The girl that ask you to hand me this. What did she look like?" Chen walked into the kitchen, where Xiumin was munching on some Lay's, reading 'Just Enough Mandrin'.

"Could'nt remember. But I think she wore a white hat."

It was then did Chen realised what had happened. The girl that he had bumed into him and that kitten by the river. It all made sense now.

"Not hat. Beanie." Chen smiled.
----

Was it all worth it Jongdae?

"Yes it was."
....................................................

Comments are welcomed^^