FINAL

How are you?

 

Chapter 2

Kana POV

We finally got done preparing all the food. I looked at the feast Imo created and smiled. I took off the apron and went looking for Junsu since he said he’s hungry, to let him know that food is ready and he can eat if he wants to. I found him sitting on his dolphin bridge looking at his phone. His dolphin bridge. It made me laugh just by looking at it and that laugh made him look up and saw me. “What’s so funny?” he asked curiously and I sat down across from him. “You. sitting on your bridge. You little dolphin.” He frowned at me. “Ya. I am not little.” I laughed again and he just kept on frowning at me like an old man. Then Imo came out and sat by the chairs under the shade. I waved and then I heard CLICK. I looked at him smiling mischievously while holding his phone. “You took pictures again didn’t you?” he just smiled at me and nodded. “I took a picture of my mom sneakily and uploaded it on my twitter. Ha. Fun.” I just rolled my eyes at him and stood up. “Come on. Food’s ready. Let’s eat. Later on though, can we go to that park where we used to go when we were kids?” He looked at me questioningly but nodded anyway and we walked back inside.

*****

It was night time already. Oh how time flies. He is going away again soon. I must use this opportunity to tell him. We were at the park where we used to play as kids, sitting on one of the swings, and eating ice cream. He finally spoke. “So… how have you been?” I was feeling shy all of a sudden, like I don’t know what to say. Snap out of it Kana. “Oh I have been fine. Going to school and all that jazz.” I was stalling. I don’t know if I can do this anymore but then tomorrow… he might leave already… he’s going back to his busy life… and I may never be able to tell him. “Why did you want to come here? You miss being a kid huh?” he chuckled and finished the rest of his ice cream. I sighed loudly and looked up at the night sky. “Yes I do. Being a kid… is so much simpler than being an adult. Things are solved by ice cream.” I felt his eyes at me and so I turned to him with an unreadable expression. His face showed a worried expression. “Is something wrong? You can tell Oppa about it.” That made me chuckle and distracted my train of thought. “Oh waeeeee? Why are you laughing? What’s wrong??” I sighed again and put my hands on my head. “Junsu Oppa…. I have something to tell you… Something I have been hiding for years now… “ He straightened up and looked at me with a serious face. In normal circumstances, I would’ve laughed at him but my insides feels like jelly and my heart are pounding like crazy. I finally had the courage to face him and looked into his eyes. Those pretty eyes that got me hooked.

“I…. like you…. It started during high school… but when you told me you wanted to be a singer… I couldn’t tell you because 1- I didn’t have the guts to confess… 2nd- you are going to be very busy and I don’t want to interfere with your dreams….” My eyes are starting to sting. I feel tears are coming out but I am really trying hard not to cry. “and then you had a girlfriend… and then I saw you hurting afterwards… I just couldn’t bring myself to say it out loud…” I can feel his eyes on me the whole time… but I was only looking at him half the time… I was feeling really nervous and can’t maintain eye contact. “But… I can’t keep this from you anymore… I’m sorry. I am not expecting anything. Really. I just want you to know. If it’s too awkward to be friends with me.. I’ll understand.” I stood up and started to walk away when he grabbed by hand to stop me.

“Do I have no say in this?” He stood up and made me face him. He looked really mad. I wished I didn’t tell him. I didn’t know he’s going to be mad. I mean out of all the emotion I was expecting…. Anger was not one of them. He was still holding my wrist. “Are you just going to confess and leave? Is that it? Don’t I have any say in this? You bad girl.” He was scolding me now and I just looked at him, couldn’t respond or anything, scared that I will make him madder. Then he pulled me into a hug, I felt my body go rigid. My mind is in complete mess. Is this how he rejects girls? Will he tell me that he and yoochun are really real? Oh god this is what I get for reading all those yoosu fics….

He hugged me for a minute and then buried his face in my hair. “Silly girl. If I didn’t stop you… will you just leave and never see me again?” I just stood there, letting him hug me, loss for words. He put some distance between us so I can face him and he was smiling. “I like you too. Don’t you get it yet? I think I have always liked you but I just didn’t realize it until now… but I didn’t really plan on confessing since I know I will be busy and I don’t want you to be lonely…” I couldn’t stop it now.

Tears were falling and I couldn’t stop it. He feels the same way. Omo. He wiped my tears gently and bent down to kiss me. It was short and sweet but it left me breathless. I still couldn’t speak and he just chuckled. “What are we going to do…? It seemed like you are so into me you can’t even speak? Don’t tell me you are turning into one of my fangirls…?? But then again… that’s possible. I’m sure you have been stalking me on the internet.” That snapped me out of it and I frowned. “Excuse me- mr-I have a big ego- I do NOT stalk you on the internet and I do NOT have pictures of you in my room. “ he laughed so hard at that. “Oh so you DO have pictures of me in your room??? awww~ so adorable. “ I slapped his arm lightly and pouted. “I am not one of your crazy fangirls ok? So don’t even compare.” He pulled me closer again and hugged me. “Of course not. Because you were crazy for me long before the world knew me. Thank you for loving me for me.” He bent down to kiss me again and this time longer. We were in our own world and I wished time would just stop right here.