1

How are you?

 

Chuseok.

It’s that time again. I have been waiting for this for a long time. I heard he was really busy. I haven’t talked to him for a long time nor have I seen him. I only read what’s going on with through the internet. I have been looking forward to Chuseok because I know he will visit his parents and I will see him again.

My alarm clock went off but I was already awake before that. I was staring at the ceiling and tried to prepare myself in seeing Junsu for the first time in a long time. We have known each other since we were seven but when he decided to be a singer, it wasn’t really that easy to see him or talk to him. Plus with crazy fans following them everywhere… Junsu didn’t want people to see me around them. He says he doesn’t want those crazy sasaengs to get a wrong idea and hurt me. It’s already enough that they are hurting him. Every time I think about that… my heart hurts and I feel bad for him. I even asked him one time why he chose to live this way. And he just smiled at me and ruffled my hair, saying that it was his dream to sing. He loves music and wants to share it with everyone.

-Flashback-

“Junsu oppa, why are you living like this? These crazy sasaengs following you guys around. Doesn’t it get tiring? Is it all worth it? I would beat some sense into those girls. You don’t even have any privacy. How are you supposed to get girlfriends???” I sat next to him and pouted. He smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

“Yes. It’s worth it because I am following my dream. I love singing. I love music and I want to share that with everyone. Of course there is always a price to pay for it. and this is it.” He looked up at the sky, smiling slightly.

“But you can be a famous soccer player too oppa. You like soccer too.” He laughed at what I said and pinched my cheeks. “Aigoo… wae? Are you jealous of the fangirls?” He cooed, teasing me. I just pouted and flick his forehead. “I sure am not!”

-End-

Things were simple back then. I sometimes wish it stayed that way but as time passed by, my feelings for him changed into something complicated. And he doesn’t know about it. I never told him. Even when I saw him crying because of his break up with his girlfriend… I couldn’t tell him… anything… I tossed around the bed and stared at the window… Will today be that day that I can finally tell him about my feelings? Will he turn away from me…? Will this friendship…. End?

***********

“ You are so beautiful nae gaseume miryeowa seumyeowa dagawa beonjin ne sangchodo~”

My phone rang. I was in the shower when it was ringing off the hook. I quickly got out of the bathroom and reached for my phone. It was Mrs. Kim.

“Hello~?”

“De, I will be right here Imo. “ I hanged up the phone and dressed hurriedly while cursing myself for always taking too long in the shower. It was Junsu’s mother. I call her Imo because she has known me for years and is like an aunt to me so that’s why. She called to tell me that Junsu is coming around 10am and so they are getting ready for it. I told her that I will help her cook and stuff.  I rushed out the door and walked. Their house is just a five minute walk which is good so I don’t have to drive. I kind of don’t like to drive so everything works out. I rang the doorbell and was surprised at who answered the door.

It was none other than Kim Junsu. I was shocked and just stood there like a dumb that I am. He smiled widely at me but my brain stopped processing the moment I saw him.

“Hello, Kana it’s been a while.. how are you?”

I just looked at him, shocked that I couldn’t even respond right away until he waved his hands around my face. “Hello??? Is anyone there?” He chuckled. YA. THIS DOLPHIN. I recovered my senses and kicked him in the shin. “I’m fine thank you. How are YOU? your knee is hurting? Oh too bad.” I laughed sarcastically and crossed my arms in front of me while he was hopping on one foot,  grimacing in pain.

“Owww… YA. Why you did that??? we haven’t seen each other in a while and the first thing you did was kick me? What a nice welcome.” I ignored his whining and just asked simply, “I thought you won’t be here until 10am. It’s only 8am. Your mom told me.” He stood up straight, his knee still hurting but managed a smile. “I told my mom to tell you that. hehehe.~”

“Did you eat something wrong while you were away in your tours?” I finally said and walked inside the house just to see Imo very busy in the kitchen. I greeted her and she just smiled at me widely. “Welcome dear. Just preparing last minute food. Be done soon.” I bowed politely and told her I would help her and she nodded. I grabbed an apron and put it on myself and started getting busy.

JUNSU POV

The doorbell rang and I answered it. It was her and she has this shocking expression on her face like she didn’t expect to see me. It was kind of adorable. So I said, “Hello, Kana it’s been a while.. how are you?” but she didn’t respond and just kept looking at me like I am going to vanish the next minute. So I by saying, “Hello??? Is anyone there?” and then the next thing I know I got kicked. She is really one different girl. I never met anyone as weird as her but then again I really didn’t have any time to meet anyone after my break up. I was too busy trying to erase her from my thoughts but Kana was with me during those awful times. Now, I still think of her from time to time but that’s it. I went out to the garden and marveled at its beauty. Wow. every time I visit, this garden just gets beautiful every time. I took pictures and uploaded them on twitter. I wonder if we can plant palm trees…. That would’ve been perfect… Aigoo.

I turned and saw my dad eating some fruits. CLICK. I snapped a photo of my dad so sneakily. I chuckled to myself and uploaded it on twitter. Sorry dad. My brother saw the garden picture I uploaded and wanted to come home right away. Oh well you’re in japan. Then I went inside the house and into the kitchen. I saw my mom and Kana busy preparing lunch. CLICK CLICK. I was having fun snapping photos that I didn’t realize that Kana was in front of me with that mean look on her face. UH.OH.

“What are you doing….???” She asked with narrow eyes. I stopped and looked around innocently. “Oh nothing~ just admiring the food. I’m hungry. Is it done?” I smiled my sweetest smile at her and she seemed to be distracted by it. “No, almost. You better not be taking pictures.” I just smiled and walked out of the kitchen before I get to be roasted dolphin….. I sat down in the garden by the dolphin bridge and looked through the pictures. Is it just me… or has Kana got prettier? Maybe I am just thinking this because I haven’t seen her for a while. I just returned from my world tour. Or maybe I am just hungry…. But she really is getting prettier… especially when she’s mad/annoyed/irritated. I gave out a long sigh and looked at the sky. Something tells me this is going to be a really good day.