Alternate Ending

Thunderstorm

 

 

The storm was far from letting up; more lightning and thunderous sounds were heard and only seemed to intensify. However, with every new set of small kisses Nabi didn’t even bat an eyelash whenever the lights filtered in and the sounds were heard.

That is, until after a particularly loud thunder the lights had gone off and she accidentally bit his lip leaving Kris howling in pain.

She gasped, feeling guilty. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean it. It’s just that-“before Nabi could finish her sentence another lightning strike was seen, this time more intense. The living room brightening up considerably before loud thunder was hurt making her whimper and once again huddling tightly against him and in between his arms.

“It’s. It’s one thing dealing with a thunderstorm while the electricity and lights are on, you know. To sort of block it out, but another it’s for it to be completely dark”

Nabi was momentarily confused when the only response she got from Yifan was him laughing out loud hugging her tightly.

“It’s okay. I completely forgive you. Come on, hold to my hand, let’s get some candles” Yifan said while helping her stand up and holding her hand, giving it a tight comforting squeeze.

Before getting dragged along any further to the kitchen, Nabi yanked her hand back to look at Yifan, or at least tried to since everything was so dark and her eyes have yet to completely adjust to the absence of light. “Did I bit you too hard? Are you bleeding?” she asked softly.

“No. But it still hurts a lot” Yifan said with a smile while Nabi just frowned in mortification. “You could kiss it to make it better” he continued with a wink that just earned him a smack to the arm.

Once in the kitchen Nabi stood close to his side while he rummaged through the cupboards. After she saw him placing three small candles on top of the cabinet she stood on her toes and gave him a quick unsuspecting peck his cheek.

“That’s it. For now. For accidentally biting you” Nabi said with a stutter.

“You’re too cute for your own good, you know that?”

“Shut up and get the matches Yifan. Before more-“

Another booming sound was heard and Kris once again found himself with armfuls of Nabi.

“You know, if it means having you this close to me all the time. I should just throw the candles away and wish for more thunderstorms to hit Seoul"

"Yifan!"

"Okay, just kidding. Let's turn the candles on" Kris said before kissing the top of her head.

The rest of the night was spent with numerous candles adorning the entire living room and the two of them huddled close together under a blanket making up theories,some more bizarre than others, as to why the lightning's light filters through closed windows and promises to look up information on it once the electricity is back up.

 

 

A/N: Makes alternate ending because not satisfied. Even less satisfied. lol