1/1

Thunderstorm

 

A/N: You can listen to this, kekeke

 

 

Outside, the sky was dark and angry. The rain was hard and very unrelenting coming down in copious amounts. The trees shook and shivered from the continuous onslaught of the winds. Every few minutes, patterns would appear in the sky from the lightning shining bright, followed suit by the thunder making loud booming and deafening sounds, as if reading the pattern diligently left behind by the lightning like a music chart.

Inside a small dainty house, the living room was illuminated by small but brilliant lamp and the glow of a muted television.

A loud thunderclap was heard before Yifan was closely holding a bundle once again in his arms. “Nabi…” he whispered comfortingly to the ears of the now shuddering bundle. A mumbled whine was heard from said bundle before a head peaked up from under the bed sheet that enveloped it.

“I’m scared Yifan”

Large watery almost black orbs found certain relief from staring at calmer brown eyes that held her gaze accompanied by an empathic smile. “It’s just thunder Nab. Besides-“Yifan ate up his words the moment he saw a shining bright light filtering through closed blinds from the corner of his eye. He always wondered how exactly the lightning’s light always managed to get in even though every window, blind and door was hermetically shut. Another soft whine reminded him that he was not alone in the moment (he still had a now shivering bundle to worry about) and he could think about the mechanics of lightning some other time.

“Start counting” a mumble came.

Holding back a small sigh, Yifan complied. “Five” Counting backwards often helped Nabi prepare herself from the thunderous booms “Four” just so she wouldn’t outright be surprised whenever the sounds of thunder were heard. “Three” As suddenly as the thunderous wrath was heard, a yelped accompanied in its music followed by another long whine. Yifan held his bundle closer to his chest resting his head on top of its.

“You didn’t count fast enough”

Yifan felt a soft twinge in his heart hearing her voice cracking at the last few syllables. Also, at the fact he could clearly hear sniffles and something wet seeping through his shirt.

“I’m sorry. But, Nabi, thunder is out there, while you’re in here, safe, and with me” Yifan made sure he enunciated the words clearly, in hopes of her seeing that she shouldn’t be this scared. At least not now that she’s already on top of him….like a small puppy. An overgrown, heavy, 19 year old...pup. A puppy that was currently cutting his circulation to the rest of his legs and had unforgiving claws taking purchase on his chest.

Feeling a shudder run through her body Kris sighed. “It’s been years already. You know I won’t leave you, right?” The moment the words slipped from his mouth he regretted them, when his bundle pulled back to look at him, eyes filled to the brim with tears, red nose, lip jutted out and slightly quivering and furrowed brows, soft pink tinge on her cheeks accompanied by marks the sheets, or possibly even his shirt, left behind. His eyes went down to her neck and he noted how she kept swallowing the lump that had no doubt lodged in , momentarily disabling speech.

“I know it’s been a long time. I know I’m safe. You can protect me all you want. But, Yifan, you can’t do anything about memories. I can’t just shut my brain off whenever I want to” Nabi said letting her head hang low as the tears started overflowing.

Yifan didn’t miss the way her body curled up a bit on itself when the light filtered into the house again.

“I’ll make you forget” Yifan determinedly said before placing his hands over hers that were currently shielding her ears. Moving his face closer to her and a hand away, he whispered in her ear. “I promise” Nabi pushed him back a bit to stare at him and left her hand on his chest.

Looking at her, he noticed how she was biting her lip in order to stop it from moving. Although it seemed like the tears had stopped coming, Nabi was still completely stiff and still.

“Yifan…”

Kris slowly closed the space between them as he placed a kiss on her lips. Just seconds before the sound of thunder was heard again. Although Yifan could still feel the grip of her hand on his chest, this time she didn’t pull away or made a sound. He was; in fact, glad to see that when they pulled apart she was sporting a small smile accompanied with a darker tinge on her cheeks.

Maybe he found a way to make it better. 

 

 

 

A/N2: I have that audio on my mp3. First time I listened to it to fall asleep, scared sh*tless and couldn't sleep.