10 tips & tricks; how to stay alive

I Mess Around; It's What I Do, Yo.

 

 what's trending?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

july 03, 2014

 

if you're new here, here's some stuff you need to know to survive:

1. Avoid the live chat! honestly, it's not worth it anymore. i mean, yes, there are some good people there and i visit every once in a while, but the majority of the people there, nowadays, are just straight up rude, immature and disgusting. people can be very ....... open. it can be gross at some point.

but, i'm not saying that it's bad, the chat can be really fun too. the people there are fun to chat with, but the chat is pretty much dead nowadays, there's not much interaction and fun anymore. but it is a good way to meet people. that's how i met people when i first joined like 3 years ago, lol.

2. if you're an author; don't make your titles so cliche. don't take titles from another story and change like one word *yall already knows what that's called* but seriously, don't do that. also don't make your plots the same as others, don't be scared to be adventureous (i don't think that's spelled correctly, lol) but go out and try something new, even if your story is a fail, at least it isn't the same old, same old, the same as everyone else story, ya know! (: don't be scared of faliure, you're going to have to experience faliure to reach success. just don't be boring. have fun with it.

in the end though, just have fun with your story, as long as it pleases you and you're proud of your outcome, leave it as it is and don't let others' opinion get to you. it's your result and as long as you're happy with it, what the others say, lbdas.

3. if you're a graphic artist; don't go with the flow, lol. i have the feel the enforce this to people so often because the flow doesn't always mean success. if what they're doing is not your flow, definitely change it. explore what you like and see what you get. if you are one of the people who's style is what the flow is doing, then great, that's your style. i just think it's important that designers find their style instead of just jumping into a flow that may not be their style, ya know.

4. don't jump into opening a shop. yes, i understand the thrill of being an owner, and managing things your way, but if you're not that skilled yet, or haven't even practiced for long, i wouldn't go jumping into opening a shop, trust me, take it from me, it's not worth it. for me, at first back in 2010, people didn't have high demands/expectations as they do today and were satisfied with my work, i was very proud of myself too, but looking back, i'm like "wtf was i thinking" i had so much to practice, but because i was in such a hurry to just have it opened i wasn't even a worthy designer, so it was hard to get things up and running. just wait until you have hadn't some practice with your designing program and your style and everything.

5. pick your friends wisely, this is the internet, but that doesn't mean there won't be people who'll try to use you in some way. i'm not saying everyone is like that, but i'm saying, just becareful, not everyone is who they seem to be. and be yourself when you meet new people, you have less than 10 seconds to make a first impression, just remember that.

6. don't try to be someone you're not. don't be fake, that ain't cute.

7. don't start drama. honestly, over half the things we get mad about is so uselessly small and it's not even worth the argument and the fight, like, drop it. then, don't go smack talking about that person to others, if you wanna tell them your side of the story, sure, i mean we all do that, but don't make up some in there to make yourself look better or the other person look worse. if you do have a problem with someone go say it to them through PM's, but don't get so y, we all hate those people. work it out with manners and respect. cussing isn't cute when you're trying to straighten out a misunderstand or whatever it may be in your case.

8. wanna meet someone and get to know them? do it! approach them and say hello. don't be a partypooper and freak out, it's okay, just say hello. people may be nicer than they seem.

9. don't like someone? cool, leave them be and they'll leave you be. if they don't then approach them (again with manners and respect) and work it out. just don't be an .

10. have fun, don't take the things aff users and aff so gosh damn seriously, calm down. here on aff, nothing is ever that deep! lbs. breathe. you'll be just fine, lol. i promise you, you'll be fine, it's not serious enough to get mad about. take aff as a hobby and for entertainment! lol :d

enjoy your stay and time on aff. breathe. you'll be fine. if not, come to me, we'll do yoga together and you'll be okay! lol.

 

breathe.