Chapter 1

What Can Fate Bring?

Some things have changed ever since me and Eun Hae came to Korea. We had gotten a call while we were in Hawaii during school. We thought we were in deep trouble, but surprisingly, it was not the outcome that we expected.

 

~Flashback~

 

It was just a normal day at school. EunHae and I were just walking down the halls going to our next class when over the loudspeaker the principal called me and Eun Hae to her office. I froze. What if we were in trouble? What if we got... DETENTION, or worse! I quickly grabbed EunHae’s arm to go to the office. I was just so horrified in going to the principal’s office. Once we reached there, we bowed to her and took the seats in front of her desk.

“So girls... The reason why I called you is because...” EunHae and I were waiting anxiously in our seats as we were listening to our principal speak to us.

“Oh, you guys don’t have to worry it’s nothing bad... it’s actually something good” Oh my gosh, I was so scared at first. I thought that we had really gotten suspended from school.

“I know how you both have a YouTube account and you guys upload videos of yourselves doing the talents that you have... I am very impressed with you two. For me, you guys make me a proud principal. You girls have amazing talent and you have gotten so many views on all your videos and so I have some very excellent news for both of you...” I could feel the sweat on my palm starting to form. EunHae had her hands in her lap trying not to show how nervous she really was. We waited for her to finish what she was saying and we couldn’t believe what we had just heard.

“You two have been accepted to SPA Academy in Seoul, Korea.You both will be leaving in approximately 2 days. You both must pack your belongings and be at the airport by 1:00pm. Your flight will be leaving at 1:45. I advise you both to start packing your belongings and getting ready today. I believe that you both will be staying in Korea for the next three years. I am so happy to have two students going to Korea and having your education done there. Let’s see... Oh yes, both your parents and guardians have already know about this and all of the tuition is paid for by the school.” Ok right now I feel like I am totally hearing things. Everything is set for us? This can’t be happening right now. She dismissed us and we both headed back to our classes...

~End of Flashback~



~Day Before Going to Korea~

 

I got a call on my cellphone. It was EunHae. I answered the phone and heard a voice of panic. It was EunHae freaking out on the phone. She was panicking about what she should bring to Korea. She calmed down and asked what I was bringing.

“Well, I’m bringing whatever I need that is important. I think I might bring some of my nice-ish clothes... You know the ones that I always wear...” I put my phone on speaker so that I could talk to her while I finished packing up. Apparently she just started packing even though we leave tomorrow. She tells me a list of what she’s bringing and I inform her of anything she’s missed. She says she’s going to try bring both her guitars and leave her keyboard behind. I tell her she’s crazy and then tell her I’m hanging up the phone. She thanks me and we both hang up.

I swear that I feel like I’m forgetting something right now…

“Mi Young, time for dinner!” I heard my brother call me and head down to the dining table and enjoy the last day with my family.

“So Mi Young, I am so proud of you. You are going to go abroad to study and we don’t have to pay anything besides giving you money for your own expenses…” I hear my mother chuckle a little and my brother just keeps on eating. Just one more day and I’m on my own with EunHae. We were told that the principal of SPA’s assistant would be waiting for us at the airport in Korea when we get there.

“Mi, I know you’re going to be on your own now but if you ever feel sick or if you just want to talk just call okay?” My mom is always worried about because the fact that I died at camp the last time when I was little and they had to come and pick me up. That was such a weird memory.

“Mom, I’ll be fine. I think I’ll like it there. It’s a performing arts school and I bet there is going to be a lot of training going on and I will do my best to tell you guys all about it. I gonna miss you guys.”As we were done, I put my plate in the sink and headed back to my room so that I could finish packing the things that were left. Just when I get to my room, I hear my phone ringing… Who could be calling at this hour? I pick up my phone and look at the screen.

“Hello?”

“Hey Bro! I can’t believe you are leaving tomorrow! I am going to feel so lonely here!” Oh my gosh, my other friend, Eun Mi, doesn’t want me to leave. She was the first person that I told about me and EunHae going to Korea. She has been with us for so long that I can’t even count the years we have always been together.

“Sorry Bro, I know how much you want to come with us to Korea. I promise I’ll keep in touch with you on everything that is going on.” We then said our goodbyes. I double checked to make sure that everything was set and I close my suitcases.

“I guess this is everything… I’m going to miss it here…” Once I finished everything, I decided to go to sleep and wake up early tomorrow so that everything is set. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day…