To Come Full Circle

To Come Full Circle

 

Junhong doesn’t know what to think when’s he’s told he has a chance at debuting. He’s excited of course, and wow wouldn’t it be great-

But then he hears that Bang Yongguk hyung has a say in it, and becomes worried.

Yogguk hyung is amazing, and Junhong has never worked up the nerve to talk to him. He knows all about the elder’s work as an underground artist and his mixtapes take up the top spots on the the most played list on his ipod.

Yongguk hyung is good, and Junhong cant help but worry that he’ll not be good enough. 

But he wants to debut, and he wants to impress hyung, and he wants-

He doesn’t know what he wants but he thinks it has something to do with the way his heart jolts when he sees Yongguk across the room, the way that even when he’s facing away he knows exactly where the other is, the way he really wants to just reach out and brush hands when they pass in the hallway.

Yongguk makes him feel funny, and nervous, and happy, but above all Yongguk himself feels familiar.

And still, he wants to debut. even more he wants to debut with Yongguk hyung.

So when he finds himself opening the door to the practice room, the company rep and yongguk waiting, he shoves all his worries down, and with a glance at Hyung’s serious eyes, he throws himself into his routine, dancing, rapping, even singing, though its not his greatest talent.

And when he looks up he sees approval and he knows he’s got it.

Yongguk smiles, reaching out a hand. “Good job, Junhong.”

Junhong grins back, and clasps their hands together.

In that moment something flashes before Junhong’s eyes, and he remembers.

Remembers long lifetimes, and happiness. War, and lives cut too short. Time ticking too fast yet not slowly enough as sickness ravages his body. He remembers long hours spent at the bedside of the person he loves, begging, pleading for them to be okay. He remembers lifetime after lifetime spent with the same man by his side.

He remembers a deep voice, a gummy smile, a gruff attitude, and a surprisingly gentle heart.

He remembers Yongguk.

Junhong’s grin widens, and he returns “Thanks hyung”

For everything you don’t remember.