ii. she beamed

Delineated

 

The smell of damped clothes lingers around the whole room once she swing the door open. She stood frozen for a moment and turn away from her doorstep, trying to sense any presence of anyone in the house. There are couples of opened cans in the sink, she must've been eating that for the last few days.

Her mother is not fond of making foods by herself as what she terms it as unworthy doing. She never complains anyway, they live that way. In this years, she'll be able to find anything decent enough to eat than her mother's tasteless soup. She then slowly drags her feet to her room just few steps from where her mother left a note pasted on the wall.

"Lian... I have some matter to attend to. Don't do anything around the house and make sure you record episodes that I've missed."

 

On the below of that she notice another short message, looks like it was written in hurry judging from all the lines connecting those sentences in a not artistic way.

"Woohyun came just now call him atleast"

 

What does he want this time, she crunches her nose in disgust.

.......................................

 

She probably had been wandering around the neighbourhood for the whole evening. Having to move into a new place was not a problem for her but having to detach herself from what she used to was. Adapting herself was always easy, because they already have the flow for her to follow. Different from when needing to let off those things she fonded of, it's suffocating going against it.

And the fact whenever she does it, it only brings her a deeper immersion on why it's important to not let any of it go.

 

"Cat or dog?"

Someone screamed coming from a house with stained white walls. She glanced for a moment and start walking away. Do people talk that loud here? She wondered.

 

"Hoi!" This time it sounded a bit higher than before.

 

"Hoi kid!"

Wait. Why did it feel like it was directed for her, she don't know but she turned back anyway. There sitting across her, a young man maybe near her age or few years older dressed in his jog suit. It was red with white stripes going down each sides of his arms and legs. He's gawking.

 

"Are you-"

 He winced before scanning his eyes starting from her face and finally onto what she's holding on her left palm.

"Muted?" He pointed at his mouth then shook his hands away in confusion.

 

She stared at him expressionless. This might be fun, she thought.

"Can't you hear me?"

He repeated the same action, this time on his ear.

As much as she wanted to laugh she tried holding it in. She brought her sight towards the sky, it's almost dusk. Still unmoved, the young man waited patiently for her to response. When she held her head up like that, he wasn't aware that he wasn't breathing that moment.

 

She beamed.

.............................................

Ryu Lian. Ryu Lian. Ryu Lian.

He used to call her Luyan a lot. It annoys her, he knows, but she always act like it wasn't so it annoys him more. She take things easily it annoys him. She laugh off of humiliations it annoys him. She seemed to care less it annoys him. She said she'll let things go their way without intending to change anything. That was a thing about her he can't figure about.

 

He as her closest also unable to.